General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #1  
vdshelton

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbinOloxly View Post
I just started and finished my prep!! I am AMAZED how my clothes and body feel! I start phase 2 tomorrow. I started at 188 and my goal is 135. They told me I should be there by June. Is this possible?

Is there a lot of saggy skin problems? I can not imagine that weight loss this quick can be forgiving on your skin!
Hola fellow Houstonian!
vdshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #2  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

So, I have been continuing to eat a diet that is mostly comprised of raw veggies and lean protein (mostly salad and grilled chicken) for the last few days to see how long I can ride that wave. I've also been surprisingly able to resist the late-night snacking which has been my biggest nemesis.

As of this morning I was down another 2 pounds to 286.5. The weird thing is that I had a little bit of a bounce-back yesterday morning when i weighed myself. But now that has been corrected. It took a little getting used to, but I've learned to ignore the day-to-day fluctuations in weight that can be somewhat annoying. (Actually, that's not true. I still get excited when I see the weight go down, but when it bounces back up I shrug it off).

As an aside, does anybody who lives here in Florida weigh themselves on the scale at Publix? Everytime I go there and weigh myself the scale says I am 5-6 pounds lighter than what my scale at home says -- and that's with my clothes on, wallet, phone, keys, etc. At first I thought that their scale was wrong, but then it happened at another Publix. Is my scale at home wrong or is Publix's scales very forgiving! Maybe its a ploy so that you'll weigh yourself when you get there and get so excited that you lost a few pounds that you reward yourself with some sort of food that you wouldn't normally buy.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #3  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdshelton View Post
I kind of feel like I'm at another plateau - why don't these plateaus just leave me alone!

*sigh* I'll get over it, I know. I've been eating pretty well and drinking water, but I KNOW that it's water weight that's getting me. I'm eating some foods that are higher in sodium and I wake up in the morning with puffy eyelids. Yesterday morning, I weighed-in at 190.2. All my meals I had that day were right on track with QWLC guidelines. The one thing I had was around 7 pm, I went to the snowcone stand and got my favorite flavor (prepare yourself - this is a Texas thing and it may sound gross to some people) a dill pickle juice snowcone.

I know the sodium in that thing has to be super high. I woke up with puffy eyelids this morning and weighed-in 192.8

I can drink plenty of water but no matter how much I drink, I still get bloated from high sodium snacks like the snowcone. All the other people who have done QWLC will have a super salty snack, up their water that day, and not get the bloat or puffiness. I can't figure out why my body likes to hold on to it for a day or two.
I was looking at the nutitional info on a jar of pickles the other day because I like pickles and think they make a good, low calorie / carb snack. But man do they have high sodium! The serving size was 1/3 of a pickle -- who eats 1/3 of a pickle??? - and the sodium was crazy. One large pickle can have 50% of your recommended daily allowance of sodium!

Having said that, I don't worry as much about the sodium because I realize that its not causing me to gain fat, just water weight.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #4  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I was looking at the nutitional info on a jar of pickles the other day because I like pickles and think they make a good, low calorie / carb snack. But man do they have high sodium! The serving size was 1/3 of a pickle -- who eats 1/3 of a pickle??? - and the sodium was crazy. One large pickle can have 50% of your recommended daily allowance of sodium!

Having said that, I don't worry as much about the sodium because I realize that its not causing me to gain fat, just water weight.
Haha, seriously. Like someone is going to put 2/3 of a pickle back in the jar. I don't want partially eaten pickles being put back in there!

Even though I know it's just water weight, I get a little discouraged by seeing the increased number. I find that those snowcones really stifle any hunger I have and oddly enough keep me full for a long time. Too bad it's packed with sodium. I will have to learn to limit those to once a week.

Just an observation: I never ever noticed any puffiness in my eyes from high sodium meals until I did QWLC and limited my sodium. I would eat pickles all the time before and never had the puffy eyes. Ever since I initially started this diet years ago, I have noticed it when I eat high sodium foods. Just wonder if my body can't/won't process this amount of sodium anymore.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/149/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
robbin,

There are areas on this website that discuss these issues. I have actually been participating in one such thread if you want to check it out:

thanks for the info!!! I have been doing a body toning class for a couple months now and hope it helps!
robbinOloxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/215/150

Height: 5'4"

Vdshelton
Never heard of dill pickle juice snowcone. But again havent had a snowcone in awhile. Wish I had gone to rodeo to try some of those fried foodss before I had started but couldnt. I love the funnelcakes and turkey legs. Have you ever had a checkup.sometimes weight fro water like that could be linked to cardiovascular problems or kidneys
oh1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #7  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1963 View Post
Vdshelton
Never heard of dill pickle juice snowcone. But again havent had a snowcone in awhile. Wish I had gone to rodeo to try some of those fried foodss before I had started but couldnt. I love the funnelcakes and turkey legs. Have you ever had a checkup.sometimes weight fro water like that could be linked to cardiovascular problems or kidneys
I didn't go to the rodeo this year but it sure was horrible traffic for those 3 weeks that it was in town. I work just about a mile from where they have the rodeo every year in Houston. I love the food they have and the BBQ cook-off...omg, delicious.

In regards to the check-ups, yes I have check-ups on a regular basis due to a past cancer diagnosis. Even though I'm cancer free since my last treatment, I still have check-ups every 3 months and they test everything under the sun (or at least judging from my medical bills, it feels like they're testing everything under the sun). All my lab work and diagnostic tests come back clean. Generally, the edema is only in my face region, nothing in any of my limbs. It subsides as the day goes on and no one notices it but me. I just hate waking up feeling all puffy
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #8  
vdshelton

Quote:
Today I weighed in at 283.3. After weeks of being stuck at 295, I'm cruising the through 280s! I can't believe how much the late night snacking held me back!
Heyooo, good job Joe! Before you know it, you'll be in the 270's!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #9  
Joe

Today I weighed in at 283.3. After weeks of being stuck at 295, I'm cruising the through 280s! I can't believe how much the late night snacking held me back!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #10  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdshelton View Post
Heyooo, good job Joe! Before you know it, you'll be in the 270's!
Thanks! I know, its crazy! I haven't had this kind of weight loss since the first couple weeks of my diet. Like I said before, I'm going to ride this wave as far as it takes me! I imagine that the induction-like progress will end sooner rather than later. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

Last edited by joefla70; 03-22-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #11  

Good job joefla70!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #12  
Joe

Ok, I don't even know if this is possible. Perhaps my scale is broken. But this morning I weighed in at 281.5.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #13  

Good job joefla!

Today im down 2.4 pounds myself yeah. I dont know how accurate the wii board is. I went up to 215 then istarted the diet now down to 213
Old 03-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #14  

Good for you Joe You deserve it
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #15  

Hey Everyone!

I preparing to begin the QWLC plan in about a week. Been reading this thread...all 34 pages! Thank you all for the great information. Like many of you, I plan to "go it alone" with the program...without involving an actual center.

With that in mind, could someone (like Joe ;-)) please send me the information that has been passed along to others. Here's my email: algae737 at gmail dot com

Thanks in advance!

Algae

Last edited by algae737; 03-24-2013 at 10:04 PM.
algae737 is offline   Reply With Quote