3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/278665-quick-weight-loss-centers-diet-2-a.html)

vdshelton 03-21-2013 09:19 AM

Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbinOloxly (Post 4675967)
I just started and finished my prep!! I am AMAZED how my clothes and body feel! I start phase 2 tomorrow. I started at 188 and my goal is 135. They told me I should be there by June. Is this possible?

Is there a lot of saggy skin problems? I can not imagine that weight loss this quick can be forgiving on your skin!

Hola fellow Houstonian!

joefla70 03-21-2013 09:23 AM

So, I have been continuing to eat a diet that is mostly comprised of raw veggies and lean protein (mostly salad and grilled chicken) for the last few days to see how long I can ride that wave. I've also been surprisingly able to resist the late-night snacking which has been my biggest nemesis.

As of this morning I was down another 2 pounds to 286.5. The weird thing is that I had a little bit of a bounce-back yesterday morning when i weighed myself. But now that has been corrected. It took a little getting used to, but I've learned to ignore the day-to-day fluctuations in weight that can be somewhat annoying. (Actually, that's not true. I still get excited when I see the weight go down, but when it bounces back up I shrug it off).

As an aside, does anybody who lives here in Florida weigh themselves on the scale at Publix? Everytime I go there and weigh myself the scale says I am 5-6 pounds lighter than what my scale at home says -- and that's with my clothes on, wallet, phone, keys, etc. At first I thought that their scale was wrong, but then it happened at another Publix. Is my scale at home wrong or is Publix's scales very forgiving! Maybe its a ploy so that you'll weigh yourself when you get there and get so excited that you lost a few pounds that you reward yourself with some sort of food that you wouldn't normally buy.

joefla70 03-21-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdshelton (Post 4676347)
I kind of feel like I'm at another plateau - why don't these plateaus just leave me alone!

*sigh* I'll get over it, I know. I've been eating pretty well and drinking water, but I KNOW that it's water weight that's getting me. I'm eating some foods that are higher in sodium and I wake up in the morning with puffy eyelids. Yesterday morning, I weighed-in at 190.2. All my meals I had that day were right on track with QWLC guidelines. The one thing I had was around 7 pm, I went to the snowcone stand and got my favorite flavor (prepare yourself - this is a Texas thing and it may sound gross to some people) a dill pickle juice snowcone.

I know the sodium in that thing has to be super high. I woke up with puffy eyelids this morning and weighed-in 192.8 :(

I can drink plenty of water but no matter how much I drink, I still get bloated from high sodium snacks like the snowcone. All the other people who have done QWLC will have a super salty snack, up their water that day, and not get the bloat or puffiness. I can't figure out why my body likes to hold on to it for a day or two. :?:

I was looking at the nutitional info on a jar of pickles the other day because I like pickles and think they make a good, low calorie / carb snack. But man do they have high sodium! The serving size was 1/3 of a pickle -- who eats 1/3 of a pickle??? - and the sodium was crazy. One large pickle can have 50% of your recommended daily allowance of sodium!

Having said that, I don't worry as much about the sodium because I realize that its not causing me to gain fat, just water weight.

vdshelton 03-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefla70 (Post 4676376)
I was looking at the nutitional info on a jar of pickles the other day because I like pickles and think they make a good, low calorie / carb snack. But man do they have high sodium! The serving size was 1/3 of a pickle -- who eats 1/3 of a pickle??? - and the sodium was crazy. One large pickle can have 50% of your recommended daily allowance of sodium!

Having said that, I don't worry as much about the sodium because I realize that its not causing me to gain fat, just water weight.

Haha, seriously. Like someone is going to put 2/3 of a pickle back in the jar. I don't want partially eaten pickles being put back in there!

Even though I know it's just water weight, I get a little discouraged by seeing the increased number. I find that those snowcones really stifle any hunger I have and oddly enough keep me full for a long time. Too bad it's packed with sodium. I will have to learn to limit those to once a week.

Just an observation: I never ever noticed any puffiness in my eyes from high sodium meals until I did QWLC and limited my sodium. I would eat pickles all the time before and never had the puffy eyes. Ever since I initially started this diet years ago, I have noticed it when I eat high sodium foods. Just wonder if my body can't/won't process this amount of sodium anymore.

robbinOloxly 03-21-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefla70 (Post 4676352)
robbin,

There are areas on this website that discuss these issues. I have actually been participating in one such thread if you want to check it out:

thanks for the info!!! I have been doing a body toning class for a couple months now and hope it helps!

oh1963 03-21-2013 06:44 PM

Vdshelton
Never heard of dill pickle juice snowcone. But again havent had a snowcone in awhile. Wish I had gone to rodeo to try some of those fried foodss before I had started but couldnt. I love the funnelcakes and turkey legs. Have you ever had a checkup.sometimes weight fro water like that could be linked to cardiovascular problems or kidneys

vdshelton 03-22-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh1963 (Post 4677065)
Vdshelton
Never heard of dill pickle juice snowcone. But again havent had a snowcone in awhile. Wish I had gone to rodeo to try some of those fried foodss before I had started but couldnt. I love the funnelcakes and turkey legs. Have you ever had a checkup.sometimes weight fro water like that could be linked to cardiovascular problems or kidneys

I didn't go to the rodeo this year but it sure was horrible traffic for those 3 weeks that it was in town. I work just about a mile from where they have the rodeo every year in Houston. I love the food they have and the BBQ cook-off...omg, delicious.

In regards to the check-ups, yes I have check-ups on a regular basis due to a past cancer diagnosis. Even though I'm cancer free since my last treatment, I still have check-ups every 3 months and they test everything under the sun (or at least judging from my medical bills, it feels like they're testing everything under the sun). All my lab work and diagnostic tests come back clean. Generally, the edema is only in my face region, nothing in any of my limbs. It subsides as the day goes on and no one notices it but me. I just hate waking up feeling all puffy :(

vdshelton 03-22-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefla70 (Post 4677827)
Today I weighed in at 283.3. After weeks of being stuck at 295, I'm cruising the through 280s! :) I can't believe how much the late night snacking held me back!

Heyooo, good job Joe! Before you know it, you'll be in the 270's!:carrot:

joefla70 03-22-2013 10:07 AM

Today I weighed in at 283.3. After weeks of being stuck at 295, I'm cruising the through 280s! :) I can't believe how much the late night snacking held me back!

joefla70 03-22-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdshelton (Post 4677834)
Heyooo, good job Joe! Before you know it, you'll be in the 270's!:carrot:

Thanks! I know, its crazy! I haven't had this kind of weight loss since the first couple weeks of my diet. Like I said before, I'm going to ride this wave as far as it takes me! I imagine that the induction-like progress will end sooner rather than later. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

oh1963 03-22-2013 06:50 PM

Good job joefla70!!!

joefla70 03-23-2013 08:43 AM

Ok, I don't even know if this is possible. Perhaps my scale is broken. But this morning I weighed in at 281.5.

oh1963 03-23-2013 06:08 PM

Good job joefla!

Today im down 2.4 pounds myself yeah. I dont know how accurate the wii board is. I went up to 215 then istarted the diet now down to 213

classykaren 03-24-2013 05:17 AM

Good for you Joe You deserve it

algae737 03-24-2013 10:03 PM

Hey Everyone!

I preparing to begin the QWLC plan in about a week. Been reading this thread...all 34 pages! Thank you all for the great information. Like many of you, I plan to "go it alone" with the program...without involving an actual center.

With that in mind, could someone (like Joe ;-)) please send me the information that has been passed along to others. Here's my email: algae737 at gmail dot com

Thanks in advance!

Algae

proudmommy09 03-25-2013 12:14 AM

Hello everyone. I have been back at the center for a week now and lost 8lbs!! Im happy and very determined to stick this through. It works so well when you follow it.

joefla70 03-25-2013 12:44 PM

Awesome, proudmommy! I love the results you can get when you re-start! It gives you a big boost.

I remember reading your posts -- along with all of the others on this thread - when I first started on my plan and joined 3FC last August. At the time there weren't many active people on this tread. Its nice to see it so active now.

robbinOloxly 03-25-2013 07:06 PM

soooo sleeeeepppy

I am done with my first week and I am so incredibly sleepy. I have 2 kids, one with me all day and I take care of my 90 yr old grandma during the day and I work 5p-9p at night... plus i usually work out during the day, jogging or something cardio based... I can barely keep my eyes open at work!!!

My lady at the center said it would be couple weeks before I get some energy! blech! i am dying over here!!

this happen to anyone here??

proudmommy09 03-25-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbinOloxly (Post 4681949)
I am done with my first week and I am so incredibly sleepy. I have 2 kids, one with me all day and I take care of my 90 yr old grandma during the day and I work 5p-9p at night... plus i usually work out during the day, jogging or something cardio based... I can barely keep my eyes open at work!!!

My lady at the center said it would be couple weeks before I get some energy! blech! i am dying over here!!

this happen to anyone here??

I was like that for a few days....now its much better. Im in Houston as well. I go to the pasadena center.

So I was wondering if anyone had some good cook ahead and prepped meals. I find that its the key to doing this program. Ive been enjoying a green smoothie for lunch, justvtake cottage cheese, truvia, spinach leaves, and any frozen fruit blend. Its worth a veggie, fruit and protein and yummy

joefla70 03-25-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proudmommy09 (Post 4681988)
So I was wondering if anyone had some good cook ahead and prepped meals. I find that its the key to doing this program. Ive been enjoying a green smoothie for lunch, justvtake cottage cheese, truvia, spinach leaves, and any frozen fruit blend. Its worth a veggie, fruit and protein and yummy

I keep seeing people mention this, and think its a good idea, but then I never do it! The only food item I cook specifically to have leftovers for future meals is grilled chicken (because I can have it in a salad for lunch or as a main dish with veggies). Eating at home has never been an issue of concern for me -- except for late night snacking. Getting rid of that habit has been one of the major keys for success for me. Another major key has been finding lunch options when I'm at work. Lunch is the meal where I've done the most damage to my diet in the past. Now, I pretty much either have a salad in the office or, if I go out, either grilled chicken or fish with veggies.

oh1963 03-26-2013 11:47 AM

Ive been good was excited when I lost 2 lbs. I noticed ladt night my stomach felt bloated and this morning. ? I havent drank the quickboost yet or any of the centers supplements. Between meals I eat my fruit except a couple of days it got late so I only got 2 fruits in those days. But in morning I eat a protein bar , the pure protein one with 17gm protein then at night i drink a pure protein shake with30gm protein. Is that wrong.? I figured I wound lose a little more, maybe im just being too hard on myself

oh1963 03-26-2013 03:10 PM

I think I need to weigh once a week I think im weighing too soon. I realized I just startedlast monday. But I still want to know if havibg the bar and the shake are okay for my supplements

vdshelton 03-27-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh1963 (Post 4682928)
I think I need to weigh once a week I think im weighing too soon. I realized I just startedlast monday. But I still want to know if havibg the bar and the shake are okay for my supplements

I think it might depend on the sugars/carbs/calories in the pure protein. Since I've never had that brand of protein bar, I'm unfamiliar with the nutrition content. I personally use Atkin's protein shakes in the morning or afternoon as a supplement and I don't believe it's hindered my weight loss in any way.

vdshelton 03-27-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proudmommy09 (Post 4680953)
Hello everyone. I have been back at the center for a week now and lost 8lbs!! Im happy and very determined to stick this through. It works so well when you follow it.

Good job fellow Houstonian! :carrot: And you're right, the plan really does work when you follow it.

vdshelton 03-27-2013 08:42 AM

Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a healthy weekend!

I personally had a healthy FOOD weekend but definitely not a healthy DRINK weekend. I traveled up to Fort Worth to visit family and stuck to healthy food, but never got in even close to the amount of water that I should have. I'm really seeing now the role water plays in weight loss - i don't lose when I don't drink enough water and I don't lose when I don't eat enough.

Is anyone using MyFitnessPal to track their exercise and/or food diary? Let me know if you are and I will add to you my friends list.

joefla70 03-27-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdshelton (Post 4683700)
I think it might depend on the sugars/carbs/calories in the pure protein. Since I've never had that brand of protein bar, I'm unfamiliar with the nutrition content. I personally use Atkin's protein shakes in the morning or afternoon as a supplement and I don't believe it's hindered my weight loss in any way.

I don't use them anymore, but I used to have the Pure Protein bars. They differ in nutrition info depending on the flavor (and also come in different sizes.) But I used to eat the 50g Chocolate Peanut Butter bars. They have 200 calories, 20g protein 9 net carbs (subtracting sugar alcohol) and 6g fat. I remember them comparing favorably to the QWL bars.

The shakes I drink are the Pure Protein chocolate frost in the 11oz aluminum bottles. They are 120 calories and 23g protein. For a while I was drinking the Atkins Cafe Mocha shakes. They are a little bit more calories, but less protein.

I believe the QWL literature says that you are limited to one protein bar per day. Is that correct?

joefla70 03-27-2013 09:14 AM

Well, reality has finally sunk in! I was expecting a bounce back because there was no way I could have lost 10 pounds in a week! This morning I weighed in at 286 (after weighing in at 281.5 earlier in the week). I must have been dehydrated or something, I don't know. But even at 286 I am down several pounds from last week. So, I am still happy. I am leaving my profile weight at the lower weight to give me short-term goal to shoot for.

oh1963 03-27-2013 11:27 AM

Sams has the protein shake mix but I bought the one already made shake equilavent it has 30gm of protein 5 carbs I think.

I was using my fitness pal but then I feel off the wagon lol so maybe I should try again

How do you all get the chicken thing on your post?

joefla70 03-27-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh1963 (Post 4683874)
Sams has the protein shake mix but I bought the one already made shake equilavent it has 30gm of protein 5 carbs I think.

I was using my fitness pal but then I feel off the wagon lol so maybe I should try again

How do you all get the chicken thing on your post?

I've seen bottles and cans of the Pure Protein shakes. I have the metal bottles. They are 23g protein. I think the cans have more.

This is how you get the chicken... or whatever else you want:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/prof...=editsignature

However, I seem to recall that you might have to wait a certain period of time to be able to use a tracker in your signature.

oh1963 03-27-2013 11:43 AM

Your right about waiting I think you have to post so many times first

i will lose weight 03-28-2013 10:18 AM

Just joined!

Hi I am a new member and joined QWLC yesterday. I start my prep on Monday. I am very excited to finally lose this weight! I plan on reading through this thread, but if anyone has any helpful tips that I should know before I start, I would really appreciate the guidance. This is a big investment in my health and a huge step for me to get off my butt and lose the weight.

ghardeway 03-31-2013 10:56 AM

Hello! I am a QWLC newbie, I made it thru the 3 day prep and dropped 8 lbs and then the weeknd hit. I DIED Friday at the movies. I had wine and appetizers.

Yesterday I did well. I followed the diet to a "T" then I caved and I drank some wine and ate some bbq.

ghardeway 03-31-2013 10:57 AM

I FEEL really bad. I HAVE blown my diet and all my hard work.

ghardeway 03-31-2013 10:59 AM

I hatethe thought of discussing this at weigh in tomorrow (ekkkk). I HOPE I do not have to repeat the prep phase. I am here for motivation and to follow along.

ghardeway 03-31-2013 11:00 AM

I am back at square one - this is not easy peasy for me.

proudmommy09 04-01-2013 11:35 PM

No its not easy.... I was off two days but now its bck to making this work.you can do it

i will lose weight 04-04-2013 03:29 PM

Well the prep is over and down almost 9lbs! Day 1 of the diet has started. I keep telling myself nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

i will lose weight 04-04-2013 03:40 PM

I have paid the upfront fee (almost $600) at the center that covers my entire program visits/weigh-ins. I also got a starter kit of supplements. Now they want me to buy the package deals to save 30%, but 1 I can't really afford that all at once, and 2 not real sure if I am actually gonna use/like all the products that are included. I have been reading this thread and see that other members talking about alternatives to the supplements and products. Any chance we could start a wiki with all of these products? I am having a hard time getting the info from all the posts. Anyone have any thoughts or highly recommend another source for cheaper supplements/snacks? I would be very grateful! TIA

joefla70 04-04-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i will lose weight (Post 4694090)
I have paid the upfront fee (almost $600) at the center that covers my entire program visits/weigh-ins. I also got a starter kit of supplements. Now they want me to buy the package deals to save 30%, but 1 I can't really afford that all at once, and 2 not real sure if I am actually gonna use/like all the products that are included. I have been reading this thread and see that other members talking about alternatives to the supplements and products. Any chance we could start a wiki with all of these products? I am having a hard time getting the info from all the posts. Anyone have any thoughts or highly recommend another source for cheaper supplements/snacks? I would be very grateful! TIA

Hi Tia,

How similar do you want your supplements to be to the QWLC products? I remember reading that people bought nearly identical supplements online somewhere. But for me, that wasn't really important. I looked up the nutrition info on the bars and shakes and just found ones that were very close to them. I chose the Pure Protein brand for bars and shakes. They worked very well for me. I'm sure there are others that would work just as well.

The key to losing the weight on the program is following the plan. If you do that, you will lose. Whether you use their supplements or not is, in my opinion, not important.

For those of you who just started and are finding yourself struggling to stay on the plan, starting is the hardest part. At least it was for me. Once I got going and developed a routine, and the weight came off, it got easier and easier. I started to find myself become addicted to seeing the weight on the scale go down. Now I wouldn't dream of going off plan because I don't want to jeopardize all of my efforts.

i will lose weight 04-08-2013 10:40 AM

Thanks Joe! I will be sure to check out the Pure Protien products you recommend. And it is good to know that you have had such success without taking any of the pills/supplements. Well I just weighed in this morning and have to say I do feel a bit discouraged:( I have finished my first week and even though I lost almost 9lbs during the 3 day prep, I gained .2 lbs on the first day of the diet and maintained the next 3 days. I realize how great 9lbs in 3 days is, but I have to tell you after 4 days of meticulous weighing/measuring, counting, taking all the pills...to not see the scale move down was a huge bummer this morning. My counselor did not seemed discouraged and trust me I am in this for the long 32 week haul, but really would have loved to see the scale keep moving in the right direction.