General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #256  

How do I get QWLC products cheaper??

@Simi123
paigekm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #257  

Thumbs up

You can find the supplements online at BariatricChoice.com or Dietdirect.com. They are under other brand names (i.e. Bariwise) and you will have to search, but they are there and a LOT cheaper!
ashhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #258  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhon View Post
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, but I did QWLC a few years ago and had some success before getting pregnant....but it all came back during those 9 months! I started my prep phase today.

Also, anyone out there looking to lose 100+? I've lost 60lbs already by doing Paleo, but seem stuck now. I'm looking to lose another 90 from where I am now.
I lost a lot of my weight (155 lbs total) following the QWL diet plan -- but on my own. Then I decided to go even lower carb and cut out bread, rice, potatoes, corn - and other high carb foods. I ate mostly veggies, salads and lean meats. I drank mostly water. I did very well on this too.

Recently I've put some of that weight back on (I'm back up 30 now). And it happened without going off my diet plan too much. Just ate too much, too often.

Now I'm back on plan 100% and looking to take off the 30 I put back on and then some. Still doing the low carb plan.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #259  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhon View Post
You can find the supplements online at BariatricChoice.com or Dietdirect.com. They are under other brand names (i.e. Bariwise) and you will have to search, but they are there and a LOT cheaper!
I used the "Pure Protein" brand bars and shakes and did very well using them. You can find them in grocery stores and Walmart. Heck, some convenience stores even sell them -- if you're in a pinch.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #260  

Default Help

I had a consultation 7/31 for the 30/30 and never even heard that mentioned and forgot to ask,lol. I went in, just to see what it was about and ended up spending over $600. I don't go to my first meeting until 8/6, so still don't understand what I signed up for. Just know to take 2 different vitamins until then.

The counselor didn't make any sense when I kept asking the total price. She asked why she would tell me a price before I had gone to my first session. She did keep telling me about the 30% offer and that it was the best way to go. Something about getting 6 months of??? no clue. She told me one lady bought just desserts. They don't even have a variety pkg to see what I want. She finally told me it would be $3,000 plus, think it was more like $3,500. But, I'd be saving around $1,500 or something like that.

I just glanced thru a thread that I didn't realize ended in 2013. I saw where some were charged another amt. later w/o knowing. Is that right?

What exactly is the plan?? The salesman told me to enjoy this w/e because I wouldn't be eating like it again! Lol, I have taken her at her word and pigged out!

I guess my question is will I be paying a lot more on Wed.? Do I have to buy more each week or month? Can I quit before I even start? Buyers remorse.

I just don't want my CC to be charged each month w/o me knowing.

And can you explain what food I will be expected to eat?? TIA
libra1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #261  

Oh, good, I'm a thread killer
Old 08-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #262  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra1020 View Post
I had a consultation 7/31 for the 30/30 and never even heard that mentioned and forgot to ask,lol. I went in, just to see what it was about and ended up spending over $600. I don't go to my first meeting until 8/6, so still don't understand what I signed up for. Just know to take 2 different vitamins until then.

The counselor didn't make any sense when I kept asking the total price. She asked why she would tell me a price before I had gone to my first session. She did keep telling me about the 30% offer and that it was the best way to go. Something about getting 6 months of??? no clue. She told me one lady bought just desserts. They don't even have a variety pkg to see what I want. She finally told me it would be $3,000 plus, think it was more like $3,500. But, I'd be saving around $1,500 or something like that.

I just glanced thru a thread that I didn't realize ended in 2013. I saw where some were charged another amt. later w/o knowing. Is that right?

What exactly is the plan?? The salesman told me to enjoy this w/e because I wouldn't be eating like it again! Lol, I have taken her at her word and pigged out!

I guess my question is will I be paying a lot more on Wed.? Do I have to buy more each week or month? Can I quit before I even start? Buyers remorse.

I just don't want my CC to be charged each month w/o me knowing.

And can you explain what food I will be expected to eat?? TIA
Hi Libra,

I'm not sure I'm the person to field this question because I've never actually gone to QWLC. I had friends that went and lost weight, so I thought I would try to do the same thing they did. However, since money was an issue to me, I just did the diet on my own.

I posted about my experiences on the first QWLC forum on the following thread (my comments begin on p 11):

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ters-diet.html

Put short, I had bad experiences and a bad taste in my mouth from weight loss centers after having gone to LA Weight Loss. My take on it was that they were more about getting money out of you than helping you lose weight. I wanted to see if it was possible just to follow the same diet plan without going to the center, and just buy my own supplements. The answer was a resounding YES. You can do it without the center. I did, and if I can, ANYBODY can. It just depends on if you are ready to do it. I was not for a long time and then, suddenly about two years ago, I finally was ready.

Anyway, if you want to read about my experiences and thoughts on the business end of weight loss programs such as QWLC and whether its necessary to go to the centers, just take a look at the comments in the first QWLC thread starting on page 11:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...s-diet-11.html

And good luck with your weight loss!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #263  

Thanks Joe, I will definitely read your post. I'm supposed to go to my first meeting on Wed. and I think they are supposed to have samples of some of the food. Not all, I was told because they have so many. Well, I'd like to taste them all so I'll know what I like or don't like. Anyway, I'm supposed to go to the doctor that afternoon, fasting. Completely forgot that, so I can't sample anything. I hope when I call, they will let me cancel w/o too much trouble. I am having buyers remorse really bad!! I just can't see spending that much on supplements. Really, I don't know how much since they won't tell me,lol. Hope I find out at the first session.

I did look at that site that sells things for less and about died. That stuff isn't cheap by any means.

I will try and read your posts tomorrow night. We are still out of town and will be traveling tomorrow. I really do hope I can cut my loss. Again, I guess I need to listen to them first.

Thanks!!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #264  
Joe

No problem, Libra. I understand the buyers remorse. I had bad experiences in the past with weight loss centers because of their focus on selling product and their pushy sales tactics. It left a bad taste in my mouth. That, and wanting to save money, convince me to try to do it on my own. It worked for me. But some people like to go somewhere to get weighed in for "accountability" purposes and to have the coach / counselor cheer them on or shame them into following the plan. If that is the goal, there are cheaper ways of doing this. (Weight Watchers comes to mind. I think you can pay them a small fee just for that.) But in my humble opinion, if one's mind is not into giving full dedication to weight loss, then going to a weight loss center isn't going to help for long.

The QWLC products are pricey. $18 for 7 bars. http://www.quickweightloss.net/products That's up $1 from two years ago when I started following the plan. That's over $2.50 per bar. In my old posts I described my experiences using "Pure Protein" bars and shakes that I bought at the grocery store. They compare favorably -- even better I think -- to the QWLC products, and are MUCH cheaper. The bars, for example, are $6.27 for 6 bars at Walmart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pure-Prote...count/10422933 At $1 per bar, your monthly cost would be $31 -- as opposed to $77 for the QWLC bars. To some people, that is acceptable trade off because they want to go to the QWL center for monitoring. But if you think you can do it on your own, then there are alternative products you can use with great success.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #265  

libra1020 I joined slim4life which is a lot like QWL and it is high high pressure sales on the supplements. I did the initial sign up which was around 300-400 and when I went for my first meeting 3 days later they pushed the "deals on the supplements" Honestly tried telling me how much money I would save and it was only good for that day if I bought the "deal" which was 1200 I was pissed at this point and made it very clear I didn't want them and then they started on if I bought supplements from other places then my gurantee of weight loss was void. Don't give in
sluggo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #266  

Thanks Joe and Sluggo, tomorrow afternoon will be my first session, whatever that means. I think I get to sample some of their products but not many because they have so many,lol. You would think they'd like you to get what you like.

I was reading over my contract and it shows prices of their products, but do you think I wouldn't have to buy another thing if I didn't want to and just went to weigh daily. That's a broad question, but sounds like they just can't guarantee my weight loss. But can they kick me out? Or just be mad at me for a year,lol.

I'm expecting the big sales pitch for the 30% discount tomorrow. It's a one time deal but it was going to be for 6 months worth of products ( I think). But, how will I know what I like or don't like?? I sure wish I had stuck to my guns last week for my consultation, but I didn't.

My PA moved and she had helped me lose 70 lbs, so I know I do better with encouragement. I've gained almost all of that back after she left. I'm still sad about that.

I am determined not to fall for the 30% discount and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to stick to my guns. It's hard to pay $ when you don't have it!

I think too, they said they wouldn't tell me what to eat until I reached my goal weight and was on maintenance. I asked about exercise, too, and they said I would lose with this program w/o it. That should have been a warning sign.

Wish me luck!!

Oops looked at the time and tomorrow afternoon is really this afternoon!!

Last edited by libra1020; 08-06-2014 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #267  
Joe

Good luck, Libra.

At my first session with LA Weight Loss they offered me the discount on buying all of the bars up front and I did it. It cost quite a bit. That is what really soured me on these types of weight loss centers. Don't get me wrong, for people to whom money is not an issue, this may be no big deal to them. But for me, money was/is an issue, and if I am paying to join then I should not have to buy their bars -- especially if there are equivalents available to buy. But alas, their "supplement" sales are a big profit center for them, and if you are not buying them, then they aren't making the money they want to make. So, they use the excuse that they cannot guarantee the weight loss. That's b.s. I followed the plan without even going to their center, and used "Pure Protein" brand bars and shakes and I lost 90 pounds in about five months. (I lost more weight, but I eventually went a more low carb route).

So, don't let them bully you! If they want you to buy the bars, ask them if you can just buy alternatives and see what they say. Maybe they'll surprise you and be supportive... but I tend to doubt that!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #268  

Whatever you do DONT BUY THE SALES PITCH, they can't kick you out for not buying but slim4life did tell me if I bought supplements from other places they couldn't gurantee my weight loss. They truly make their money from the supplements. The meeting will be to go over which plan you will be on which is the basis of the diet
sluggo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #269  

Reporting in, I almost "caved" but I didn't!! I did my training with a lady and 2 young girls that she was training. I was totally wrong about half the things I thought they had told me last week. They did go over what to eat and not eat. I thought she told me they wouldn't do that until I reached goal. Lol, that didn't make sense to me, but I was so over whelmed. And she didn't tell me that if I bought the 30% that I could choose 6 months worth of one item. I guess I was hoping.

They did the old "switcharoo"?? when I told the counselor I wasn't interested right now. She said she was going to go ask the first lady what she had told me deal wise. I had it written right there. Anyway, lady from last week came in and just so happened to be the mgr.

The session was supposed to last about 30 mins. I left after 1 1/2 hours!! They tried to offer to take off supplements that I hated or the boost, etc. And it would just make about $600 difference. All of a sudden they had a 2 week bundle. I'm still so proud that I walked away w/o spending anymore $$.

It looks like it would help them to just ease up a little bit. To at least give you a week to decide if you want to bundle. I told her I was really picky and I didn't want to just buy stuff that I wouldn't eat. A little side note to the girls that were training, clients can come back and trade something if that just hate it, but don't push it and don't tell anyone that and clear it with her. I read the contract, it says when you walk out that door, it's yours. She might really let me trade but I sure didn't want to find out the hard way.

I will try and go weigh the first 2 weeks and then I think I will be out of one supplement and I'm sure they will try to get me to buy it. It will be interesting how they do their sales pitch when you just come in to weigh. At least I think that's all you do now, but heck I don't know.

Boss lady wondered why I didn't want to spend that money. Duh, maybe I don't have it!! Charge it, was her answer and by buying 6 months of supplements I'd be saving interest charges.

I'm just rambling on and on, sorry. My dh was waiting for me to come out and I told him just go, don't look back,lol.

Joe, I have the food book now if you need to know what it says or do you know all that stuff?

I'm supposed to start "today" but I didn't make it to the store yet so I don't know what they will say to me if I gained over night! Yikes.

Thanks Joe and Sluggo
Old 08-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #270  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra1020 View Post
Reporting in, I almost "caved" but I didn't!! I did my training with a lady and 2 young girls that she was training. I was totally wrong about half the things I thought they had told me last week. They did go over what to eat and not eat. I thought she told me they wouldn't do that until I reached goal. Lol, that didn't make sense to me, but I was so over whelmed. And she didn't tell me that if I bought the 30% that I could choose 6 months worth of one item. I guess I was hoping.

They did the old "switcharoo"?? when I told the counselor I wasn't interested right now. She said she was going to go ask the first lady what she had told me deal wise. I had it written right there. Anyway, lady from last week came in and just so happened to be the mgr.

The session was supposed to last about 30 mins. I left after 1 1/2 hours!! They tried to offer to take off supplements that I hated or the boost, etc. And it would just make about $600 difference. All of a sudden they had a 2 week bundle. I'm still so proud that I walked away w/o spending anymore $$.

It looks like it would help them to just ease up a little bit. To at least give you a week to decide if you want to bundle. I told her I was really picky and I didn't want to just buy stuff that I wouldn't eat. A little side note to the girls that were training, clients can come back and trade something if that just hate it, but don't push it and don't tell anyone that and clear it with her. I read the contract, it says when you walk out that door, it's yours. She might really let me trade but I sure didn't want to find out the hard way.

I will try and go weigh the first 2 weeks and then I think I will be out of one supplement and I'm sure they will try to get me to buy it. It will be interesting how they do their sales pitch when you just come in to weigh. At least I think that's all you do now, but heck I don't know.

Boss lady wondered why I didn't want to spend that money. Duh, maybe I don't have it!! Charge it, was her answer and by buying 6 months of supplements I'd be saving interest charges.

I'm just rambling on and on, sorry. My dh was waiting for me to come out and I told him just go, don't look back,lol.

Joe, I have the food book now if you need to know what it says or do you know all that stuff?

I'm supposed to start "today" but I didn't make it to the store yet so I don't know what they will say to me if I gained over night! Yikes.

Thanks Joe and Sluggo
Good going, Libra. Thanks for the offer, but I have a copy of the materials from a friend. (If you look through the past posts in the 1st QWLC thread, I was the source of the materials to many people who were trying to do the diet on their own)

Regarding the last paragraph of your post.... if you wouldn't mind one piece of advice from me, I would humbly suggest that you not worry about what the people at the weight loss center will say or think. I know that many people go to the centers for support and encouragement ... and accountability. I've been there and have done that. I get that mindset completely. But that never worked for me long term. Eventually I got derailed from the plan, and once I was not going to the weight loss center anymore, the motivation and the "accountability" vanished. I would completely fall of the wagon.

It wasn't until this recent weight loss journey I put myself on that I finally realized that I had to be ready to do it, and that the only person that I had to be accountable to was myself. Because while I can walk away from a particular weight loss plan / center, I can't walk away from the person staring back at me in the mirror.