General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo44 View Post
Is the 3 day prep consist of all the beef and raw greens plus one orange
Hi, no you cannot have the fruit. all the salad veggies you want and beef and 2 eggs a day. Also 6 8oz glasses of water. Also must drink 1 8oz glass of skim milk or 2% each day in the am. I only drink almond milk, so that will have to do for me. Hope this helps. no peas.
sallycl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #122  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallycl View Post
Hi, no you cannot have the fruit. all the salad veggies you want and beef and 2 eggs a day. Also 6 8oz glasses of water. Also must drink 1 8oz glass of skim milk or 2% each day in the am. I only drink almond milk, so that will have to do for me. Hope this helps. no peas.
Did they change the prep phase recently? I was told that it was protein, raw greens, a small amount of fat (oil), and the orange (or maybe half). Personally, I never ate the orange. The water seems low too.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #123  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallycl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Did they change the prep phase recently? I was told that it was protein, raw greens, a small amount of fat (oil), and the orange (or maybe half). Personally, I never ate the orange. The water seems low too.
Wow so good too see all of these members on this thread! I joined the center and did the Prep Phase on 4/1/13 and it was not the same as sally has mentioned. 80oz water - just like on the regular plan, 1 orange - half am half pm, and no milk. But not sure which region you are in Sally as I see different regions have slightly different plans. Hope this helps and congrats on almost hitting your goal Joe!

Last edited by i will lose weight; 05-21-2013 at 02:07 PM.
i will lose weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghardeway View Post
The pudding can be used to make cookies- depending on what size cookies you want use a teaspoon or tablespoon to scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet ' bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes. The baking time depends on your oven.
Thanks for all the recipes! I have been trying to spice up my meals as well. Seems like week 4 I really felt the chicken rut! I have made the cabbage rolls, except I used the QWLC Tomato Soup instead of the chicken stock and it was yummy.

Also I have been making a lot of turkey burgers. I find they stay real moist by adding chopped mushrooms and green onions to the mixture first. Along with lite salt, pepper, garlic and a dash of salt free tony's. Grilled is the best, but I make them on the stove mostly.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #125  

I feel really good about my 7 week progress. Yesterday they started me on the 7 day break plan and I really hope it helps my body drop weight quicker. My goal for June 1 is 255 so I really feel like I can make it. We are going on a family vacation in July and I am really curious what the counselors think I can loose by then...Game on!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #126  

Hello! I am in the Houston area as well and my
three day prep menu was as follows:

Breakfast two eggs(boiled)

Snack- half a small orange

Lunch-unlimited RAW green salad veggies (spinach, zucchini, celery, cucumbers),unlimited protein-chicken, shrimp, fish(baked, broiled but not fried)
Snack- another half an orange

Dinner- same as lunch
1/2 tspMorton's light salt you

If you are still hungry you can eat more veggies or protein. Also you are allowed to use Italian dressing, NO balsamic, but it has to be under 32 calories a serving.

Minimum 80 ounces of water and additional beverages can be consumed
(sugar free, herbal tea, coffee)

This is it for three days! You can used no sodium mrs. Dash and Morton's light salt to season. No additional sodium or sugar based seasonings.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #127  

I will lose weight~Way to go on your weight loss progress!! Seeing results are so motivational. I really want to use up the QWLC packs I have here at my house and plan on using QWLC tomatoe soup in my next cabbage roll batch. Thanks for the suggestion.

I weighed in today and was down half a pound •• bummer. This blog is a such a wonderful way for me to get some quickie inspiration & jazz up my motivation!

So glad to know that you guys like the recipes!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #128  

Member nvrfatagn posted the following money saver tip on an old thread:

" I was told by my counselor that I can buy SF puddings add a scoop of whey powder and 2 c. milk and make 4 servings for the week. One serving is a suppliment."
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #129  

Good morning! My QWLC center has a Memorial Day holiday weekend special.. Drop 2 lbs over the weekend & get a free week of weight loss. Must weight in on Saturday May 25 & Tuesday May 28.
"Motivation"
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 317/308/250

Height: 6'2

Quote:

" I was told by my counselor that I can buy SF puddings add a scoop of whey powder and 2 c. milk and make 4 servings for the week. One serving is a suppliment."
oh wow! i'll have to look into that. thanks!

i find the prep phase to be the most difficult and easiest to fail out of because you aren't all that invested yet.

Has anyone tried the plan skipping the prep phase? If it's just to break the carb addiction and lose water weight to get you excited, then it's not that big of a deal for me...
roho42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 185/175/135

Height: 5'1

Smile

Quote:

That sounds good and totally doable for me!

I WI today at home and was down 2lbs. I did really well yesterday and am feeling the motivation. I am logging my food on myfitnesspal along with the sister in law, so that helps too!

I am totally feeling good about all of this!
erinh52098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 317/308/250

Height: 6'2

ok, officially day 1 is starting today. just going to have to call ahead to in-laws about memorial day picnic and tell them to please not go out of their way to make something because I like it because I won't be eating it. that should eliminate the pressure of "I made it just for you" on day 3 of prep. i'll probably bring my own food as well.

was too tired to cook last night but woke up desperate to get started so i was late to work in order to cook some meat. made ground chicken breast patties and ground sirloin patties with mrs dash extra spicy, and a couple of thin cut top sirloin steaks seared and sprinkled with mrs dash. got a bag of approved raw veggies and a grapefruit...so i should be good for the day.

wish me luck
roho42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by roho42 View Post
ok, officially day 1 is starting today. just going to have to call ahead to in-laws about memorial day picnic and tell them to please not go out of their way to make something because I like it because I won't be eating it. that should eliminate the pressure of "I made it just for you" on day 3 of prep. i'll probably bring my own food as well.

was too tired to cook last night but woke up desperate to get started so i was late to work in order to cook some meat. made ground chicken breast patties and ground sirloin patties with mrs dash extra spicy, and a couple of thin cut top sirloin steaks seared and sprinkled with mrs dash. got a bag of approved raw veggies and a grapefruit...so i should be good for the day.

wish me luck
@roho42 - Good luck today! I did the three day prep over the Easter holiday weekend and didn't think to plan ahead like you have. Looking back if I had I would not have floundered so. I belive the prep was a much needed mental "reboot" for me. I am interested to know your feelings about the necessity of the prep once you finish it. Please share.

I weighed in today and I'm down one pound- three &1/2 total swoon! The weight continued to come off while noshing on power crunch bars! HEB is promoting power crunch bars 5for $5.00 this week. I stocked up.

Sometimes I split the bars into four to make it last if I eat them early on during the day. This week i started eatting bars @ breakfast. I grab a piece of the bar when I first wake up - to put something in my body and wake my metabolism up, weigh in, and then fill up on water & food.

I felt so confident I added a new bar to the menu today Chocolate Chip Cookie by Quest bar. I microwaved it for 20 seconds & yummy! Quest bars are all natural products with a TON of fiber & minimum carbs:sugar. CAUTION: Pricey. I bought it from GNC @ 2.69 a bar. They have a promo but 3 get 1 free..

I am getting ready to go to Happy Hour with my fiancé - I will do happy hour & stay on plan -"I'm in control" in my Janet Jackson voice. (smile) Guys have a safe & low carb high protein holiday weekend!!

I thought i'd spend all the money i saved eating non QWLC goods with a Mani/Pedi (LOL)

Last edited by ghardeway; 05-24-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by i will lose weight View Post
Wow so good too see all of these members on this thread! I joined the center and did the Prep Phase on 4/1/13 and it was not the same as sally has mentioned. 80oz water - just like on the regular plan, 1 orange - half am half pm, and no milk. But not sure which region you are in Sally as I see different regions have slightly different plans. Hope this helps and congrats on almost hitting your goal Joe!
Hi, I am on and old plan, from probably thirty years ago. Maybe someone could clue me in on the new plan. I would really appreciate it. My mail is sweet4sal at yahoo dot com. Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #135  

Quote:
I omitted it - but I believe it's faux potatoes (LOL - i thougt the same thing when i reviewed it he first time) I am on QWLC plan 2 & it allows 1/2 of a medium potatoe as a starch 3xs a week but again I omitted it all together and it was filling & yummy.

I have a ton of recipes I copied that are close to QWLC give or take the EVOO which I subbed for Pam.
I would be happy to post them here or PM them to you if you like.
I would love to have the recipes ghardway. You can email them to me at sweet4sal at yahoo dot com. Thanks