General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #31  

Height: 5'9"

Default Just joined!

Hi I am a new member and joined QWLC yesterday. I start my prep on Monday. I am very excited to finally lose this weight! I plan on reading through this thread, but if anyone has any helpful tips that I should know before I start, I would really appreciate the guidance. This is a big investment in my health and a huge step for me to get off my butt and lose the weight.
i will lose weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #32  

Hello! I am a QWLC newbie, I made it thru the 3 day prep and dropped 8 lbs and then the weeknd hit. I DIED Friday at the movies. I had wine and appetizers.

Yesterday I did well. I followed the diet to a "T" then I caved and I drank some wine and ate some bbq.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #33  

I FEEL really bad. I HAVE blown my diet and all my hard work.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #34  

I hatethe thought of discussing this at weigh in tomorrow (ekkkk). I HOPE I do not have to repeat the prep phase. I am here for motivation and to follow along.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #35  

I am back at square one - this is not easy peasy for me.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

No its not easy.... I was off two days but now its bck to making this work.you can do it
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #37  

Well the prep is over and down almost 9lbs! Day 1 of the diet has started. I keep telling myself nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #38  

I have paid the upfront fee (almost $600) at the center that covers my entire program visits/weigh-ins. I also got a starter kit of supplements. Now they want me to buy the package deals to save 30%, but 1 I can't really afford that all at once, and 2 not real sure if I am actually gonna use/like all the products that are included. I have been reading this thread and see that other members talking about alternatives to the supplements and products. Any chance we could start a wiki with all of these products? I am having a hard time getting the info from all the posts. Anyone have any thoughts or highly recommend another source for cheaper supplements/snacks? I would be very grateful! TIA
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #39  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by i will lose weight View Post
I have paid the upfront fee (almost $600) at the center that covers my entire program visits/weigh-ins. I also got a starter kit of supplements. Now they want me to buy the package deals to save 30%, but 1 I can't really afford that all at once, and 2 not real sure if I am actually gonna use/like all the products that are included. I have been reading this thread and see that other members talking about alternatives to the supplements and products. Any chance we could start a wiki with all of these products? I am having a hard time getting the info from all the posts. Anyone have any thoughts or highly recommend another source for cheaper supplements/snacks? I would be very grateful! TIA
Hi Tia,

How similar do you want your supplements to be to the QWLC products? I remember reading that people bought nearly identical supplements online somewhere. But for me, that wasn't really important. I looked up the nutrition info on the bars and shakes and just found ones that were very close to them. I chose the Pure Protein brand for bars and shakes. They worked very well for me. I'm sure there are others that would work just as well.

The key to losing the weight on the program is following the plan. If you do that, you will lose. Whether you use their supplements or not is, in my opinion, not important.

For those of you who just started and are finding yourself struggling to stay on the plan, starting is the hardest part. At least it was for me. Once I got going and developed a routine, and the weight came off, it got easier and easier. I started to find myself become addicted to seeing the weight on the scale go down. Now I wouldn't dream of going off plan because I don't want to jeopardize all of my efforts.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #40  

Thanks Joe! I will be sure to check out the Pure Protien products you recommend. And it is good to know that you have had such success without taking any of the pills/supplements. Well I just weighed in this morning and have to say I do feel a bit discouraged I have finished my first week and even though I lost almost 9lbs during the 3 day prep, I gained .2 lbs on the first day of the diet and maintained the next 3 days. I realize how great 9lbs in 3 days is, but I have to tell you after 4 days of meticulous weighing/measuring, counting, taking all the pills...to not see the scale move down was a huge bummer this morning. My counselor did not seemed discouraged and trust me I am in this for the long 32 week haul, but really would have loved to see the scale keep moving in the right direction.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #41  

Hi guys...I'm chugging along. I have set a mini goal of losing 20 more pounds by June 1st. I have been searching the web for cheaper versions of QWLC products and supplements. So far I found a much cheaper version of the Boost drink mix here smartstyx dot com(won't let me post the link) The nutrition label is identical. I have not ordered any yet, but will this week and will let you know what I think.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 198/149/145

Height: 5'7"

nice... thanks for the info
robbinOloxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #43  

Default Has anyone done 3 day Prep twice?

Hi everyone. I am ending week 3 at almost 13lbs lost (haven't weighed today and really hoping to get to the 15 mark). But I really want to hit the 20lb mark by end of week 4 and I am considering dong the Prep phase again in hopes of speeding up next week's loss. I have stayed on plan very strictly except for 2 days ago I ate Doritos and gained 2 ounces. Has anyone done Prep again when they stayed on the plan?? Any success?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I don't use them anymore, but I used to have the Pure Protein bars. They differ in nutrition info depending on the flavor (and also come in different sizes.) But I used to eat the 50g Chocolate Peanut Butter bars. They have 200 calories, 20g protein 9 net carbs (subtracting sugar alcohol) and 6g fat. I remember them comparing favorably to the QWL bars.

The shakes I drink are the Pure Protein chocolate frost in the 11oz aluminum bottles. They are 120 calories and 23g protein. For a while I was drinking the Atkins Cafe Mocha shakes. They are a little bit more calories, but less protein.

I believe the QWL literature says that you are limited to one protein bar per day. Is that correct?
Hi Joe,

Yes QWLC diet is limited to 2 Quick Snacks/day and only one of them can be a protein bar. I am putting in an order today at vitacost dot com for a variety of protein snacks similar to the QWLC ones. Vitacost sells Kay's Naturals Protein snacks and there are quite a few to choose from. They come 6 to a box just like QWLC, but they are in the $5 range as opposed to $17 at QWLC. I also ordered those Smart Styx today that are similar to the Boost.

Anyone recommend a good Fiber supplement? I have not been able to find one that has the exact same nutritional info as the QWLC Fiber Sticks Plus K. Kind of thinking any will do as long as it is low cal and sugar free.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 234/227.5/150

Height: 5 ft 6in

I have just started my weight loss journey back up again and was thinking of going to QWLC. Is it really $600 to start? IF so, I will have to find something else to do. That is WAAY out of my budget!!
nassmom is offline   Reply With Quote