General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Hello everyone. I have been back at the center for a week now and lost 8lbs!! Im happy and very determined to stick this through. It works so well when you follow it.
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #17  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Awesome, proudmommy! I love the results you can get when you re-start! It gives you a big boost.

I remember reading your posts -- along with all of the others on this thread - when I first started on my plan and joined 3FC last August. At the time there weren't many active people on this tread. Its nice to see it so active now.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/149/145

Height: 5'7"

Default soooo sleeeeepppy

I am done with my first week and I am so incredibly sleepy. I have 2 kids, one with me all day and I take care of my 90 yr old grandma during the day and I work 5p-9p at night... plus i usually work out during the day, jogging or something cardio based... I can barely keep my eyes open at work!!!

My lady at the center said it would be couple weeks before I get some energy! blech! i am dying over here!!

this happen to anyone here??

Last edited by robbinOloxly; 03-25-2013 at 07:06 PM.
robbinOloxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbinOloxly View Post
I am done with my first week and I am so incredibly sleepy. I have 2 kids, one with me all day and I take care of my 90 yr old grandma during the day and I work 5p-9p at night... plus i usually work out during the day, jogging or something cardio based... I can barely keep my eyes open at work!!!

My lady at the center said it would be couple weeks before I get some energy! blech! i am dying over here!!

this happen to anyone here??
I was like that for a few days....now its much better. Im in Houston as well. I go to the pasadena center.

So I was wondering if anyone had some good cook ahead and prepped meals. I find that its the key to doing this program. Ive been enjoying a green smoothie for lunch, justvtake cottage cheese, truvia, spinach leaves, and any frozen fruit blend. Its worth a veggie, fruit and protein and yummy
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #20  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
So I was wondering if anyone had some good cook ahead and prepped meals. I find that its the key to doing this program. Ive been enjoying a green smoothie for lunch, justvtake cottage cheese, truvia, spinach leaves, and any frozen fruit blend. Its worth a veggie, fruit and protein and yummy
I keep seeing people mention this, and think its a good idea, but then I never do it! The only food item I cook specifically to have leftovers for future meals is grilled chicken (because I can have it in a salad for lunch or as a main dish with veggies). Eating at home has never been an issue of concern for me -- except for late night snacking. Getting rid of that habit has been one of the major keys for success for me. Another major key has been finding lunch options when I'm at work. Lunch is the meal where I've done the most damage to my diet in the past. Now, I pretty much either have a salad in the office or, if I go out, either grilled chicken or fish with veggies.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 218/215/150

Height: 5'4"

Ive been good was excited when I lost 2 lbs. I noticed ladt night my stomach felt bloated and this morning. ? I havent drank the quickboost yet or any of the centers supplements. Between meals I eat my fruit except a couple of days it got late so I only got 2 fruits in those days. But in morning I eat a protein bar , the pure protein one with 17gm protein then at night i drink a pure protein shake with30gm protein. Is that wrong.? I figured I wound lose a little more, maybe im just being too hard on myself
oh1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #22  

I think I need to weigh once a week I think im weighing too soon. I realized I just startedlast monday. But I still want to know if havibg the bar and the shake are okay for my supplements
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #23  
vdshelton

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1963 View Post
I think I need to weigh once a week I think im weighing too soon. I realized I just startedlast monday. But I still want to know if havibg the bar and the shake are okay for my supplements
I think it might depend on the sugars/carbs/calories in the pure protein. Since I've never had that brand of protein bar, I'm unfamiliar with the nutrition content. I personally use Atkin's protein shakes in the morning or afternoon as a supplement and I don't believe it's hindered my weight loss in any way.
vdshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #24  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Hello everyone. I have been back at the center for a week now and lost 8lbs!! Im happy and very determined to stick this through. It works so well when you follow it.
Good job fellow Houstonian! And you're right, the plan really does work when you follow it.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #25  
vdshelton

Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a healthy weekend!

I personally had a healthy FOOD weekend but definitely not a healthy DRINK weekend. I traveled up to Fort Worth to visit family and stuck to healthy food, but never got in even close to the amount of water that I should have. I'm really seeing now the role water plays in weight loss - i don't lose when I don't drink enough water and I don't lose when I don't eat enough.

Is anyone using MyFitnessPal to track their exercise and/or food diary? Let me know if you are and I will add to you my friends list.

Last edited by vdshelton; 03-27-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #26  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdshelton View Post
I think it might depend on the sugars/carbs/calories in the pure protein. Since I've never had that brand of protein bar, I'm unfamiliar with the nutrition content. I personally use Atkin's protein shakes in the morning or afternoon as a supplement and I don't believe it's hindered my weight loss in any way.
I don't use them anymore, but I used to have the Pure Protein bars. They differ in nutrition info depending on the flavor (and also come in different sizes.) But I used to eat the 50g Chocolate Peanut Butter bars. They have 200 calories, 20g protein 9 net carbs (subtracting sugar alcohol) and 6g fat. I remember them comparing favorably to the QWL bars.

The shakes I drink are the Pure Protein chocolate frost in the 11oz aluminum bottles. They are 120 calories and 23g protein. For a while I was drinking the Atkins Cafe Mocha shakes. They are a little bit more calories, but less protein.

I believe the QWL literature says that you are limited to one protein bar per day. Is that correct?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #27  
Joe

Well, reality has finally sunk in! I was expecting a bounce back because there was no way I could have lost 10 pounds in a week! This morning I weighed in at 286 (after weighing in at 281.5 earlier in the week). I must have been dehydrated or something, I don't know. But even at 286 I am down several pounds from last week. So, I am still happy. I am leaving my profile weight at the lower weight to give me short-term goal to shoot for.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #28  

Sams has the protein shake mix but I bought the one already made shake equilavent it has 30gm of protein 5 carbs I think.

I was using my fitness pal but then I feel off the wagon lol so maybe I should try again

How do you all get the chicken thing on your post?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #29  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1963 View Post
Sams has the protein shake mix but I bought the one already made shake equilavent it has 30gm of protein 5 carbs I think.

I was using my fitness pal but then I feel off the wagon lol so maybe I should try again

How do you all get the chicken thing on your post?
I've seen bottles and cans of the Pure Protein shakes. I have the metal bottles. They are 23g protein. I think the cans have more.

This is how you get the chicken... or whatever else you want:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/prof...=editsignature

However, I seem to recall that you might have to wait a certain period of time to be able to use a tracker in your signature.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #30  

Your right about waiting I think you have to post so many times first