3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/278665-quick-weight-loss-centers-diet-2-a.html)

ghardeway 05-16-2013 06:46 PM

The pudding can be used to make cookies- depending on what size cookies you want use a teaspoon or tablespoon to scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet ' bake @ 350 for 10-15 minutes. The baking time depends on your oven.

roho42 05-20-2013 10:20 AM

oh wow...when i last did the program i was so boring. some of these recipes look like great ideas.

granted, i think the reason it worked for me was because of the simplicity of how i did it that didn't require a lot of prep. but some of the items would be great to break up the monotony...Gumbo! stuffed cabbage, pineapple ice cream! definitely going to have to implement some of these.

My typical day consisted of the following:

breakfast:
1 egg + some extra egg whites w/ some broccoli, lite salt, and a pat of lite butter (daily oil)

snack: 1/2 grapefruit (they told me to stick to citrus for best results, especially grapefruit as long as it doesn't interfere with any meds)

QuickBoost

Lunch:
Moe's or Chipotle or similar chicken salad (w/ no tortilla bowl) with just veggies and salsa as dressing (higher in sodium but i wasn't too strict on sodium because the water weight was eased back in). Also Chili's grilled chicken caesar w/ no croutons, salsa as dressing and sometimes with the parmesan (was told this was ok in moderation)
Crunch-o's starch replacement

snack 1/2 grapefruit

late afternoon right before leaving work: pudding
Quick Boost

dinner: some form of grilled chicken (usually) with some veggies
Crunch-O's or other starch replacement (rarely did i use the real starches because the starch replacements were more satisfying and killed the cravings)

evening dessert: pudding and/or other protein supplement (like the cake)

I might have missed some things but it was livable though boring. One of my favorite meats was chicken prepared Chipotle style (recipes on the net) with an ancho/onion marinate. i don't think this was legal because of the onions but it worked and maybe because the onions in the marinate are cooked off on the grill...

i also never restricted serving size on veggies.

sallycl 05-20-2013 11:33 AM

quick weight loss

Hi everyone, Am new to this forum , and looking forward to all the advice on here about quick weight loss center diet. I was on this diet about 30 years ago. Dropped lots of weight down to 130 lbs. I was over 200. Now back there again. I still have the plan, and my diet sheets. But don't remember when you eat the bars. Do the ones from Walmart really work with this plan. Started the 3 day prep phase today. thanks, Sally

roho42 05-20-2013 11:39 AM

which ones from WalMart? do they sell QWLC products now?

joefla70 05-20-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roho42 (Post 4746999)
which ones from WalMart? do they sell QWLC products now?

No. She might be referring to a past post that I (or someone else) wrote saying that I used Pure Protein brand bars that I buy from Walmart. If you compare the nutritional info on the two products, they compare very favorably IMO. I don't eat any bars anymore, but when I still did, I lost weight at a good rate using them.

sallycl 05-20-2013 12:05 PM

Hi Guys, What is quick boost?

sallycl 05-20-2013 12:07 PM

Where do the bars fit in relation to the diet. I don't remember when you eat them.

joefla70 05-20-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallycl (Post 4747029)
Where do the bars fit in relation to the diet. I don't remember when you eat them.

As a snack. But only one per day. I typically waited to have mine after dinner as if it was a dessert.

I think "Quick Boost" is a powder additive you put in water. Never had one.

roho42 05-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sallycl (Post 4747027)
Hi Guys, What is quick boost?

Quickboost is a thermogenic supplement. from nashua nutrition website:

QUICK-BOOST is a scientifically formulated beverage that combines some of nature's most powerful flavonoid antioxidants with key vitamins and metabolic enhancers. Its energy-producing effects help fight fatigue, attack free radicals, and repair cells, as well as boost energy and performance, and support daily wellness and vitality. Just mix this great tasting supplement into 8-24 oz. of water and feel the boost!

It was a required supplement for the program when i was in the center. tasted pretty good but artificial sweetener...(splenda i think)

ghardeway 05-20-2013 02:24 PM

I believe the bars are fillers that fight off hunger & help you consume additional protein in your daily diet. The additional protein is geared towards assisting the body to burn fat and build lean muscle mass. The (bars) are higher in calories & carbohydrates so your restricted to one a day.

ghardeway 05-20-2013 02:28 PM

I suggest diversifying your snacks based on your hunger level. Meaning something like:

*smoothie - mid day
*soup -with lunch
*bar for desert

At least the regiment helped me. I also purée veggies and add them into the soups - it stretches the soup pack and helps fill me up.

ghardeway 05-20-2013 02:36 PM

Please note that I added the non qwlc protein bars as a snack and have not stalled.

ghardeway 05-20-2013 02:48 PM

I purchased the following Pure Protein protein bar like JoeFla70 suggested, ate last week, and have continued to drop weight:
Chocolate Peanut Butter
16 carb grams
1 gram dietary fiber
2 grams sugar
6 grams sugar alcohol
20 grams of protein

I added the power crunch bars in my diet today and will report back if I stall. Omgah power crunch bars are crunchy like a kit kat bar. The waffle texture & crunchiness is a welcomed variation to the market trending chewy protein bar. so far the taste is divine!!!

Hope this helps!

erinh52098 05-20-2013 07:11 PM

Thanks for the recipes ghardeway! If you have more your willing to share please email them to me at erinh52098 at hotmail dot com

I am truckin' along. Haven't seen much of a loss and am starting to worry that my version of the plan isn't going to cut it. I am going to be patient and give it another week!

sallycl 05-21-2013 09:59 AM

you guys are the greatest! thanks for all the replies. I have started the prep phrase yesterday already down a 1.2 pounds. Yeah! this is just the beginning. Glad I found you guys for all the help and support.