Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

You're on Page 6 of 22
Go to
  • Quote: woohoo!! congrats on reaching that goal and continued wishes for our march towards better health and smaller clothes!
    Thank you!

Quote: I haven't gotten to the stabilization or maintenance phases either. At the rate I"m going I have a feeling I"ll be about 3/4 of the way to my goal (especially after gaining 3 lbs after my Jazzfest weekend, but it was worth EVERY ounce ). I highly doubt I will buy more weeks, so I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do, but am just focusing on getting as far along as possible for now. Still, if someone has those plans it would be handy.
    Seriously 3# from JF is nothing...you did great! Do you know about this month's special, weigh in 5x week and get a free week? Last month's special was better, but I earned 4 free weeks last month. I hope it helps you!

Quote: YAYYYY CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome!!!
    Thank you!
  • Well as much as I feel like I have gotten off to a really good weight loss start with QWL, I get pretty ticked off at how much they charge for the snacks. I mean there are many sites that sell the exact same product for $5-$7 less. Not too mention very comparable products for $12 less. I feel like QWL should offer it's members the best price possible considering how much we are already paying them in upfront fees.

OK so that is my rant and on that subject does anyone buy a protein smoothie or shake mix that they like? I am trying to find something comparable to the Twist Smoothies (strawberry banana is my fave and lemon razzy is good too) at about $1 per serving. I am also looking for one with stevia or at least no aspartime or acesulfame-k. I have come across these brands: SDC Nutrition About Time, Syntrax Nectar Naturals, CytoSport Complete Whey Protein Strawberry Banana (it does have acesulfame-k).
  • Quote: Seriously 3# from JF is nothing...you did great! Do you know about this month's special, weigh in 5x week and get a free week? Last month's special was better, but I earned 4 free weeks last month. I hope it helps you!
    I thought the same thing - and when I weighed in yesterday I was only up .5 lb (procrastination paid off!). Will go in today but according to my scale I think I'm actually now under what I was before I left last week - hooray!

Wasn't told about the special, but 5x a week will be tough. 4x was hard, but worth the free weeks definitely.

As far as the smoothies - Lemon Razz is my favorite too, but I haven't tried those elsewhere. I did just order some pizza chips, caramel crunch, pineapple orange drink, and the omega 3/6/9 pills from diet direct - free shipping and 5% off of their already lower prices - hooray!
  • went thru QWLC about 3 years ago. Lost about 60 pounds but set too aggressive of a goal (according to gym BMI is off significantly for my current Lean Body Mass) and should have gone through stabilization where i was. but i had changed jobs, couldn't get to center, and my current job is actually the equivalent of Kryptonite to diets. Couple with high stress and catered lunch every day I didn't last long.

Took about a year to gain it back and i've been struggling with what to do. was considering Atkins for a while to reset my insulin which i know is too high but i'm not convinced that atkins will not harm my lean body mass...plus even though i can have cheese and bacon, i'm pretty sure QWLC ends up being easier to do.

I actually started again before a 7 day cruise and lost about 12 pounds in 2 weeks and managed to maintain during the cruise and may have even lost a little (not sticking to diet obviously) but I didn't go back when i got back and gained it back pretty quick as most of that was water weight anyway.

Regardless I'm probably going to start the 3 day period either tomorrow or Sunday.

I was going to try to modify the plan to avoid soy and all medium/high glycemic foods (e.g. mostly the starches and/or starch replacements) because of insulin issues and because of the impact soy can have on hormones but since I know the plan works as/is I might as well lose the weight first and then see how my system is doing before making additional changes...

SW: 315
    CW: 313
    GW: 250 (for now...will go back to center to officially do stabilization and maintenance at that point, then based on eBMI will decide if I need to go further)
  • also does anyone know if they've made any interesting changes to the official food list in the past couple of years? I know right before I joined they removed Tilapia but one of the counselors told me I should be able to ignore that and just write it down as Cod or Mahi.

Was just wondering if there were any other big changes on things that are now restricted or maybe are now allowed.

Things in the past that I found odd were that I couldn't have Brussell Sprouts
    and depending on which counselor Jalapeno Peppers (pretty sure these can just be classified as green peppers but some counselors still didn't allow)
  • Quote: Well as much as I feel like I have gotten off to a really good weight loss start with QWL, I get pretty ticked off at how much they charge for the snacks. I mean there are many sites that sell the exact same product for $5-$7 less. Not too mention very comparable products for $12 less. I feel like QWL should offer it's members the best price possible considering how much we are already paying them in upfront fees.
    Yeah, that would be nice...even with their sales it gets pricey and there are plenty of places where you can get the same stuff for much cheaper. But you also run the risk of getting other stuff that you think will work the same but either hasn't been tested or doesn't fit the same needs nutritionally and may cause problems. But if it's the same item, they have to expect people to venture out on their own. That said, I haven't found a good option to purchase QuickBoost that is better than their sale prices.

Quote: OK so that is my rant and on that subject does anyone buy a protein smoothie or shake mix that they like? I am trying to find something comparable to the Twist Smoothies (strawberry banana is my fave and lemon razzy is good too) at about $1 per serving. I am also looking for one with stevia or at least no aspartime or acesulfame-k. I have come across these brands: SDC Nutrition About Time, Syntrax Nectar Naturals, CytoSport Complete Whey Protein Strawberry Banana (it does have acesulfame-k).
    That's a good question. I was wondering the same thing because i'd much rather use stevia. I don't think Whey proteins are ok because they explicitly say that the protein should be vegetable based protein (see the protein supplement information sheet). that being said, I guess if we can match the amino acids and the other nutritional numbers with the protein supplements (also looking at some of the bars) and find an average, we might be able to do this. I personally prefer a product called Whey Factors but again it's whey and i haven't compared it to the other products as of yet.

Please let me know if you find anything and i'll try to compare the numbers with the products that I have to see if it looks close. Worst case we try it and suffer a setback on the weightloss and just go back to what they support officially.
  • As a followup on the protein:

A) I looked for a Vegan/Vegetable based protein supplement that is either unsweetened or uses stevia. everything I could find is either Rice or Pea based protein which I would be concerned about as neither are safe foods on this plan.

B) I looked at the actual ingredients to the supported protein supplements and I am even more adamant about using something different. Fructose, corn syrup? WTF? I have been reading quite a bit about elevated insulin and the causal relationship with fructose (including HFCS) and when you throw that crap in with artificial sweeteners to boot, I think I am done with that crap. I guess I'm going to try to use the protein supplement I mentioned above and see how it goes. I'll reserve the old stuff for a pinch.

Now I'm scared to death to read the labels on the starch replacements. Sometimes education can be a real pain in the butt...
  • I am so glad I found this thread. I am starting the QWLC plan for my second go around. I lost 30 lbs. about 2 years ago on the plan & gradually gained it all back. I had some unexpected life events & I let it throw me...But I am back now.

Since I already know the plan & have all my materials I plan to do it myself. I plan to use Advocare spark instead of the QWLC Booster one time a day & I haven't decided what I will use in place of the QWLC bars.

What I know I will need help with is recipes & suggestions to change it up. The food gets boring so quickly.

I know the plan works so I can work hard for the next few months & lose the 30 lbs again.

Any and all advice, suggestions, etc. is very welcome!
  • Quote: Since I already know the plan & have all my materials I plan to do it myself. I plan to use Advocare spark instead of the QWLC Booster one time a day & I haven't decided what I will use in place of the QWLC bars.

What I know I will need help with is recipes & suggestions to change it up. The food gets boring so quickly.

Any and all advice, suggestions, etc. is very welcome!
    Welcome back

Please let me/us know if you find a product to replace the protein supplement. I still have quickboost and they are currently on sale in the center (and I think proteins are BOGO) but the proteins are probably expensive even with BOGO. I'm going to check out spark. They also have no problem selling you product even if you refuse the service...(in my experience)

Trying to remember some of my favs...i know i wasn't always careful with salt because i knew it was because of the water weight issues and i just factored that in over time.

one of my favorites was to take eggplant and broccoli and spaghetti squash and whatever other veggies i had available and put them in a casserole dish. cover with a good quality marinara (no sugar, low/no oil) with some garlic powder, italian seasoning, and some cottage cheese. bake at 350 for like 45 mins or so. divide into reasonable portion sizes.

I never really followed portions for veggies either. as my favorite counselor told me....no one ever got fat eating broccoli (depending on what they put on it of course)

I also liked to throw some chicken breast in the crock pot with some good quality no sugar added salsa. cook on low all day while i'm at work and eat it with some steamed veggies.
  • Quote: Welcome back

Please let me/us know if you find a product to replace the protein supplement. I still have quickboost and they are currently on sale in the center (and I think proteins are BOGO) but the proteins are probably expensive even with BOGO. I'm going to check out spark. They also have no problem selling you product even if you refuse the service...(in my experience)
    I hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan! Roho you must not be in the Houston area because those sales are not at my location. I get Quick boost online for $10 and some change and I have not seen the center ever beat that with their sales. As for the protein bars I am still trying to find one that I like. I really like the one's the center offers because they are crunchy (Chocolate peanut and lemon meringue are my faves and only ones I have tried) and all of the substitutes I have tried are chewy and just OK. So far I have found Pure Protein brand in Chewy Chocolate Chip, Strawberry shortcake, Chocolate Peanut Caramel and Chocolate Deluxe they all compare very closely nutritionally to the center's bars but have more protein. But some of them have high sugar alcohols and those have affected me Not sure if that is something new since I have been on the diet, but seems anything with more than 5g of sugar alcohol and my body rejects it! I also found a brand at Walmart by the cereals called Life Choice double chocolate protein bar and it also is pretty close nutritionally with no sugar alcohols.
  • Quote: That's a good question. I was wondering the same thing because i'd much rather use stevia. I don't think Whey proteins are ok because they explicitly say that the protein should be vegetable based protein (see the protein supplement information sheet). that being said, I guess if we can match the amino acids and the other nutritional numbers with the protein supplements (also looking at some of the bars) and find an average, we might be able to do this. I personally prefer a product called Whey Factors but again it's whey and i haven't compared it to the other products as of yet.

Please let me know if you find anything and i'll try to compare the numbers with the products that I have to see if it looks close. Worst case we try it and suffer a setback on the weight loss and just go back to what they support officially.
    You are right that most of the quick snacks are loaded with soy/vegetable protein, but the Twist Smoothies are whey protein isolate. I picked up a single serve packet of Jay Robb Tropical dreamsicle mix at HEB. Have not tried it yet,but nutritionally it is close to the center's smoothie, but this one uses stevia and also has 5g more of protein. There was another diet supply site that offered sample packs of certain mixes and I think that is the way to go. I definitely want to try something before buying the bulk size. I will probably place that order tonight so I will post the site on here later if others are interested.

Oh and FYI, most of the sites like dietdirectdotcom are selling the identical product as QWLC they are just rebranded for another program. So there is no worries about eating off program

Hope that helps!
  • Hi everyone! I live in GA and I'm kicking off phase 2 of my qwlc journey tonight. Today is my last day of green and protein(ugh). I lost a lot of weight when I was in HS on LA Weight Loss, so I thought I could give this program a shot since it's almost identical. I've bought all my supplies online(bars, drinks, boost) through Nashua Nutrition and they are identical to what the center sells, images on the boxes and all!

I'm looking to loose around 70 pounds to get to the smallest size I've ever been as an adult and it looks like I might hit that around the middle of October.

I'm going to be using myfitnesspal as my food tracker since I'm familiar with the app and I have friends on there.

If there is anything I can do to help any of you all, let me know!
  • Thanks for the recipe suggestions!

I WI this morning and I was down 3 lbs. I know a lot of it was bloat from a pretty food laden weekend. I have done fairly well on my second day of the 3 day detox. I am going grocery shopping tonight so any food suggestions or recipes would be great.

In the past I tried to make some of the recipes with the protien supplements but just could not get use to them.

Have a great day!
  • my favorite store in the past online was family bariatric but they never sold QB and i couldn't find it less than regular price anywhere else. i haven't searched in a while, however. i'm gonna have to look for that twist smoothie and give it a shot.

I wish i could say that my day one was successful. it mostly was but the universe is intent on stopping me from succeeding. my wife got some bad health news and the stress just got to be too much. i hate the first three days because it's too easy to just start over. day one begins again tomorrow.
  • I am on day 3 and so glad that I can eat more variety tomorrow. I have plans with my sister in laws tonight at BJ's Brewery and am not going to drink any alcohol. I see that as a test, but I am determined.

Sorry about the bad health news Roho.