Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

You're on Page 19 of 22
Go to
  • P.S. I was at Costco yesterday and they had the "Pure Protein" bars on sale for $14 something for a box of 18. (3 boxes of 6 bars, each box a different flavor). That comes out to about 80 cents a bar. The QWLC bars are more than three times the price. I'd love to see you take one of those bars in with you to the QWLC on an upcoming visit and compare the nutritional value and the price with their bars to see what they say!
  • Ooh Joe, you're trying to get me in trouble with those women my first week aren't you,lol! Well, I haven't started my diet yet, I need to go to the store first. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

I really do need to go to the store but I was so confused the next day after my lesson that I didn't go to the store. I was still feeling like all they want to do is sell me something and I'm worrying about telling them no each time. I am probably going to cut my loss and do my own thing. I did open one of the snacks and couldn't stand it.

Joe, I'll try to get to Costco and try the bars from there. Thanks for the heads up.
  • 600 dollars
    Can you just spend the 600 to start and not buy any other thing? I think it is horrible to pressure people with 2 salesmen in a room against 1. Reminds me of high pressure time sales salesmen. Hi Joe.
  • Hi Karen.

Libra: Before spending $14 on a box of bars you may not like, you can try one. They sell them at many grocery stores. Publix sells them individually and by the box.

From what I recall, the first three days are simple rules. Raw green veggies and protein (preferably lean). Its after those three days that you have to weigh everything and parcel out portions. It helps to keep a log until you got it down pat. This is also the time you can start using the supplements (bars / shakes). 1 bar a day I believe. I used to drink a shake in the morning and the bar at night for dessert.
  • I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. My husband has gained 50 pounds in the 15 years we have been married, but the most weight gain has been the last 5 years. He finally decided to do something about it and chose QWLC in the Houston area. He didn't tell me he was going to do it and bought a bunch of supplements and boost drinks. Now there is no turning back. I have probably gained 25 pounds since we got married, but it is really the last 15 that really bother me.

Long story short, I am trying to be as supportive as I can, but since I am not attending the meetings, I am trying to read everything I can about the diet from Internet sources (I do research for a living so it is my nature to analyze and find information on everything to the point of obsession!) I am going on the diet with him and I want us to both be successful.

Right now we are on Day 2 of the fast start. All I have is the one page informational sheet and I wasn't even sure what a green vegetable is --- if it could be cooked or raw. I have to cook evening meals so I want to be informed. I don't really like this whole revealing of the diet as you go component of the system. It drives me bonkers, because I want to plan meals ahead and get the groceries. My husband does not cook and is food illiterate. He thought the purple stuff in a salad mix was onion. I had to tell him that is something called radicchio, bless his heart!

My starting weight is 142. My goal is 128. I have also started C25K(a gradual jogging program intended to get you to run a 5K as the final goal), which I have done a couple of times, and I love. Thanks for listening. I am learning a ton here!
  • Shakes
    You can use premier protein shakes with 30g of protein instead of the qwlc shakes. The newspaper has 4.00 off coupons so you can get them for almost 1.00 a piece. I have been on the diet twice in the last 11 years.
  • 12 days down 14 pounds with QWLC.
    I started Quick Weight Loss Center August 26, 2014, and am down 14 pounds in 12 days. This is working but I need all the help I can get in knowing and understanding what I am and am not supposed to do. While the Center is great they only give you information on a need to know basis, which is torture for me. I want to know what is around the corner. I have the book they give you and I am on Plan 2. But someone here mentioned of a water flush and a plateau breaker. I'm a firm believer forewarned is forearmed.
  • Quote: I started Quick Weight Loss Center August 26, 2014, and am down 14 pounds in 12 days. This is working but I need all the help I can get in knowing and understanding what I am and am not supposed to do. While the Center is great they only give you information on a need to know basis, which is torture for me. I want to know what is around the corner. I have the book they give you and I am on Plan 2. But someone here mentioned of a water flush and a plateau breaker. I'm a firm believer forewarned is forearmed.
    Hi Navy mom I have some breakers if need email me at raquelr82 @ yahoo . com
  • I started qwlc today on my own. I am at 211. I hate the full but hungry feeling. I can't wait until my prep phase is done.
  • Hi everyone!!! I am new to this site and I am so glad I found it. I started the S4L diet a week ago tomorrow. I worked for the company for a few years and am extremely glad I kept most of the information I had concerning the diet, since now I am in extreme need of losing weight.

Good luck to everyone on this journey
  • Well, I signed up 7/31 and haven't done a thing, but ignore their phone calls. I do need to get permission from my doctor to do it but don't think I will. I just can't stand the pressure to buy something when I walk in.

Do the pills you get at the beginning give you any sudden burst of energy and curb your appetite? I really need something that will get me off the couch and moving. I am a couch potato big time.

I thought about doing the first couple of weeks if the pills will get me up. If they don't work that way, I thought I might try selling them on Craigslist.

The doctor gave me something but they don't work at all.

I did join Nutri System (again) and am on day 3. Omg, the food is horrible so far! It wasn't so bad the first time but they just have a few of the old items. And the things that I have tried so far, I got several of them, so this month's a bust on getting anything that taste good. Anyone else tried NS?

Anyway, if anyone can tell me about the supplements, I'd appreciate it.
  • This thread has been quiet. Any more updates on the QWLC plan?
  • I just started at my local quick weight loss center and today is day one of my prep phase. So far, I'm doing fine. Looking forward to the nutrition class and starting phase two! Do I need to take all the supplements and extras or will I be able to lose the weight just following the food plan? Not only are the supplements expensive but I don't want to be stuck on a bunch of pills forever.
  • Good luck AA, my doctor told me not to do the program and I told them but they kept calling forever. They finally stopped but started back this w/e, just saying they were there for me. I think my time is about to run out and I'm really upset that I didn't do the program because I would be 50 lbs lighter. Tried NutriSystem again during this time and had to quit because the food wasn't anything like it used to be, just awful. wishing you the best. I have all the supplements and wondered if I could do it on my own, but since doctor advised against taking supplements, I didn't do it.
  • Quote: Hi Navy mom I have some breakers if need email me at raquelr82 @ yahoo . com
    I gave up on the site because it was too hard. Tried it again today and it's still difficult. If you don't mind, I am much better with texts and emails. My email is Georgella @ aol.com.

I need all the help I can get. I'm still going to QWLC and am down 49 pounds. 208/159/140.