Breakfast Meal Replacement Shakes?

• Some mornings I'm in a hurry and just don't have time to make a smoothie or real food. I always try to eat something though. I was thinking of buying some pre-made meal replacement shakes for these occasions.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I need something with around 300 calories with the protein, carbs, and vitamins that an average meal would have. I would prefer something readily available at a normal grocery store pharmacy (Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, CVS, etc.).

I have tried Slimfast in the past, but it just makes me hungrier with the amount of sugar in it. I did like the Special K Protein Shakes, but I don't know if those are good for this kind of thing. I also saw some new ones at Aldi if anyone has any comments on those.
  • I am not sure what exactly will work but if you find out, let me know. I can tell you that this weekend I bought Slimfast and had a cup this morning. Within 1 hour I was starving, I mean you could hear my belly growling a mile away. The container said it lasts for up to 4 hours. Very disappointed.
  • The ones I'm really considering are things like Carnation Instant Breakfast and Ensure. Those seem like they might be the closest to what I need.
  • I drink the Pure Protein shakes. They have 23g of protein and 110 calories. I usually am not that hungry in the morning, so filling me up is not an issue.
  • Quote: I drink the Pure Protein shakes. They have 23g of protein and 110 calories. I usually am not that hungry in the morning, so filling me up is not an issue.
    Are those pre-made though? On the days I'll be needing these, I won't have time to mix anything up.
  • Ive done the carnation instant breakfast ones and i like them..they also have a no sugar added version if you are insulin resistant
  • Quote: Are those pre-made though? On the days I'll be needing these, I won't have time to mix anything up.
    Yes. They make a powder too. But the ones I buy are pre-made.

(And they are 120 calories. My previous post said 110).

I get them at Walmart or my grocery store (Publix).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/22066801?w...l5=pla&veh=sem
  • Walmart sells awesome shaker bottles with the metal springy thing it for about $7. They are over near the pharmacy in my store.

I carry water in mine and bring shake mix separately in case I need it. The frothy shake this bottle makes is better than anything else I have tried as far as a portable unit. There is some kind of magic in that little ball!
  • Porthardygurl - I'm thinking I might try Carnation to see how that goes.

joefla70 - The Walmart around here doesn't sell them, and neither does the GNC. I'll keep an eye out for them though.

elvislover324 - Blender Bottles are awesome. We use them for my marketing job when we're demoing protein shakes.