3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   What should I do (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/276185-what-should-i-do.html)

MadMay 02-21-2013 02:43 PM

What should I do

So Im new and working on my game plan. I am 203lbs and my goal is to lose 25lbs by July 22 (my wedding day) In the past when I decide that I want to lose weight it is always late spring early summer and all I have to do is walk every day for maybe a mile possibly a little less and I lose weight not really watching what I eat so much and in about 3 or 4 months I lose around 30 lbs but as soon as the cold weather hits I am back inside an gain all the weight back so this time I need to just keep exercising even after it gets cold.

So I know I should watch what I eat for general health reasons. My question is what would be the best eating plan for me? I hardly ever over eat thats more of a thanksgiving dinner Christmas situation than general day to day but I do not choose the best food for me. I find if I try to restrict my diet it works for a couple days and then I will just binge eat for an entire day all kinds of gross foods that I would not have even eaten in my regular eating habits.

The only thing I know for sure is that I need to eat food with alot higher fiber as I am not regular and I know that isnt healthy and is only helping me gain weight.

Suggestions?

Misti in Seattle 02-24-2013 08:16 AM

Hello. You did not say what you are eating when you try to restrict your food but it sounds as if you are perhaps restricting yourself to "diet food" or things you can't really enjoy... or restricting calories too much...??? Impossible to say since you did not provide enough info.

My suggestion would be to commit yourself to a *healthful* eating plan and realistic exercise regimen. It has to be a decision you make and are committed to sticking with; otherwise after a short time the "fun wears off" and you are right back to where you started.

I wish you all the best.

healthdrivenpinay 02-25-2013 06:14 AM

Suggestion with Caution

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMay (Post 4641348)
So Im new and working on my game plan. I am 203lbs and my goal is to lose 25lbs by July 22 (my wedding day) In the past when I decide that I want to lose weight it is always late spring early summer and all I have to do is walk every day for maybe a mile possibly a little less and I lose weight not really watching what I eat so much and in about 3 or 4 months I lose around 30 lbs but as soon as the cold weather hits I am back inside an gain all the weight back so this time I need to just keep exercising even after it gets cold.

So I know I should watch what I eat for general health reasons. My question is what would be the best eating plan for me? I hardly ever over eat thats more of a thanksgiving dinner Christmas situation than general day to day but I do not choose the best food for me. I find if I try to restrict my diet it works for a couple days and then I will just binge eat for an entire day all kinds of gross foods that I would not have even eaten in my regular eating habits.

The only thing I know for sure is that I need to eat food with alot higher fiber as I am not regular and I know that isnt healthy and is only helping me gain weight.

Suggestions?

Hi I'm new here and I just had to reply to your post. I've been there before. I've been worried about my health since we Filipinos generally eat a lot of oily food. Our food is really oily most of the time and I just realized that now that I'm 26! I'm not in bad shape but I had to start looking out for my overall health. I'm trying out this great weight loss program at yourholistichealthcare.com now. So far it's going great! :carrot:

QuilterInVA 02-26-2013 11:45 AM

Weight loss is 80% what we eat and 20% exercise. If you want to look great for your wedding, you need to get in more than cardio. Do some resistance training. This also protects and/or builds muscle. If you lose muscle along with fat, that is not good because muscle takes more calories to maintain (read that as being able to eat more). The largest muscle in your body is your heart.

rahul2330 02-27-2013 06:58 AM

Hi Madmay,
I think I can somewhat help you for ur eating plan----

Begin the day with morning meal. Individuals who consume morning meal often are thinner than those who do not. Beginning your day with a healthy morning meal will boost your metabolic process, plus, it will help keep you away from consuming later on in the day.

Do not consume out of big bowls or straight from the meals container or bundle, which makes it challenging to examine how much you have actually consumed.

You will be more likely to consume in small amounts if you have actually thought out healthy dishes and treats in advance. Consuming on a timetable will additionally help you stay clear of consuming when you aren't genuinely starving.

Cook your very own dishes. Preparing dishes in the house permits you to manage both section size and exactly what enters to the meals. packaged meals typically include a great deal even more salt, fat, and calories than meals prepared in the house.

When you're starving, do not go shopping for groceries. Produce a buying list and stay with it. Be specifically mindful to stay clear of meals at the ends of the aisles and along the boundary, where grocers often sell high-calorie treat and benefit meals.

Psychic 02-27-2013 07:35 AM

Just try simple swaps.

- Multi or Whole Grain instead or White Bread (Try Sara Lee Delightful Multi-Grain Bread - 45 Calories a Slice!)
- Broth Based soups instead of Cream-Based. (Try Progresso's Light soups)
- Low-Fat Popcorn instead of chips (add seasonings for more flavor)
- Unsweetened Green/White/Herbal Tea instead of Pop or Sweet Tea
- Yellow Mustard instead of other condiments.
- Lemon juice instead of salad dressing.
- Fish or Chicken instead of fatty cuts of meat.
- Margarine or Olive Oil instead of Butter.

Also simply try adding more veggies to your normal foods. Add mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc. for burger. Put more veggies in soup. Add some lettuce and tomato to your sandwich. When making lasagna, use zucchinni slices instead of noodles.

Just by doing simple swaps and incorporating more fruits and veggies, it makes everything a bit healthier and should help you lose weight.