extreme weight fluctuation !

• I've been very frustrated the past few days.

I just really got back to my routine of dieting and going to the gym almost everyday.

This is what my weight has done

Monday:209 (which means I had gained 6 pounds since my weeklu weight in
    Tuesday: 204
    Thursday: 211

Is this normal? I don't normally weigh everyday, but I was so confused by my weight fain I can't stop. Has this ever happened to anyone?
  • Do you weigh at the same time every day. It is not unusual to be several pounds heavier at night than in the morning or different times of day. I know that my weight in the evening is about 4 pounds more than my morning weight. So the weight I count is the first thing in the morning before I've eaten anything but after I've been to the bathroom
  • Daily fluctuations are normal. Especially when you first add changes like going to the gym.

My best advice is to graph your weight over the course of the month.
  • I agree with Unicorn67, make sure you weigh the same time every day in comparable clothes (or none at all, just be consistent). I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the facilities and wearing the same nightgown.

If I have a glass of water or eat part of my breakfast and then remember that I meant to weigh, I just wait til the next day. I know my weight fluctuates a bit every day (hopefully down!) but I don't want to see it once it's going up from literally just eating or drinking something (of course it would be higher!).

Hope this helps.