Help? Name of weighloss program that requires a daily amount of Morton's iodized salt

• My friend from high school lost 100lbs several years ago. It was a weight loss plan and I remember she said that a key was that it required you to have so much of a certian salt daily??? I can't remember the name of the plan but it really worked for her and i want to try. Do any of you know what im talking about. Thanks so much for your time!
  • I think the idea is that if you are iodine deficient then your thyroid doesn't perform well. A lot of our foods have iodine added, as does iodized salt. There is no magic in the salt itself. I'd just make sure you are taking a multivitamin.
  • If you like Japanese food, I'd suggest snacking on nori or having wakame soup. Seaweed is a natural source of iodine and a good thing to eat, besides!
  • You are probably thinking of "Quick Weight Loss Centers Diet." The salt is only 1part of the diet. The Mortons salt is used as a source of potassium since the diet itself does not contain very many sources of potassium. The plan also calls for most other foods to be very low in soidum.

I have been on that plan before and lost 65 pounds. I recently just started back on the plan.

They have a thread on this board so pop on in and read all about the diet plan. Several people will be more than willing to help you out.
  • Thanks! I will check out your thread. Once I got some feedback from a few people and read some old post, I think it was actually LA weightloss. I think she did the colored plans. It was a gold/yellow book she had. I will look into both of them. The salt was the only quirky thing i remembered about it that someone might recall what i was talking about... lol! Thanks so much!