General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #1  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Question Got an App for that?

To all the techy people out there! What kind of apps have you tried or are you using and why? Fitness, food or otherwise? Lets hear it!

I use MyNetDiary to track my food and exercise. (I use the Pro version - IOS)

I just downloaded Moves (FREE - IOS) its a pedometer that can tell if you are walking, running or cycling (I want to see if it works with the elliptical...)

I have tried, Lostit, MFP, Slim Kicker and a few others and I found the MND to be the best for me to track food with, although its social networking is lacking, I have 3FC to make up for it
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #2  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hey! I'm not counting, but back when I was I used My Fitness Pal, it's pretty groovy. It has the nutritional info for a lot of foods already included so you don't need to add everything manually, plus it's helpful if you want to compare the nutritional info on different foods without actually having to go out and buy them first. You can even add custom foods to your list with different ingredients in case you use them again

Right now I'm just using MY Weight, just for tracking, well... weight. I like to look at the graph when I'm having a slow time of it. It shows your average loss per week and is really handy for spotting trends. Also gives you a projected goal date based on your info so far.

Not sure if this is helpful, but I also use Moody Me to track my moods... the graph comes out looking bipolar If I have an exceptionally unusual week regarding my weight loss, I compare it with that app and can learn which food cravings, exercise behaviours crop up with different moods. Always a handy part of my toolkit.

Oh, and this isn't an app, but anyway... I have a bookmarks folder on my phone where I add any web pages that I find particularly useful, motivational, full of good info, talking about the mental part of weight loss, many threads on this forum. That's been invaluable as if I'm having a go slow or need a recipe, I don't need to hunt all over the Internet for the info I need

All iPhone by the way, but I think these apps might be on other platforms as well
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I use a free app called "My Tracks" to map out my walking routes.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #4  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryesings View Post
I use a free app called "My Tracks" to map out my walking routes.
Oooh, I might try that! I want to no longer be complaining about all the hills by the end of the year

Thanks!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #5  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Those sound like cool apps
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #6  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I use a Withings Scale that sends my weight to my phone and graphs it. It links with RunKeeper which tracks my runs other exercises, etc. I've also just downloaded GymHero which will allow me to record weight lifting, strength training and it links to RunKeeper. All my exercises then get sent to the Withings App which keeps a headline figure of my minutes of exercise. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to like me inputting a general period of activity - like 90 minutes Bikram yoga or 1 hr personal training or 80 minutes rugby training - I do all three each week, so almost four hours of my toughest exercise doesn't get counted. Still...I know I've done it!
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #7  
Meow

S/C/G: HW: 285+ / tracker

Height: 5'4"ish

I use TargetWeight. I prefer to track my food in a note app.
bugsiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I use MFP
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote