When do you change your CW?

• When I first checked my weight, it was averaging at about 141 lbs. I've been dieting since Monday - I've also started and mostly finished my TotM - and when I weighed myself this morning, the scale showed 139.8.

I'm excited, I keep telling myself I'll get into and stay in the 130's so I'm wanting to change my CW on both my profile and a ticker. But I'm wondering if I'm jumping the gun… So my question is, do you ladies change it when you see a change or wait X amount of time?

I know it's not a huge deal but I'm excited. =)
  • Sunday is my "official" weigh in day. I record my weight on that day, good or bad. It's a rather arbitrary day to pick but my weight fluctuates a LOT during the week. I just had to pick a point in time to say, OK, that's it.
  • I wait since scale weight fluxuates so much... Especially when I was right on the borderline of a weight goal, like in your case getting out of the 140's into the 130's because for me if the scale goes back up a few 1/10th's of pound (this actually just happened to me recently) taking me above that mini goal I had set for myself I would find it a little bit self-defeating and ultimately it turned out to be counter-productive in the end...

But some people it doesn't bother and some say it even motivates them more... But that wasn't the case for me...
  • Like Garnet, I picked a specific day to be my "official" weigh in day, and that's the day I change my ticker. I also picked Sunday - it helps me stay on track over the weekend, plus I like my Sunday morning ritual of having a nice cup of tea, changing my ticker and posting updates on all the various threads I post on. I wouldn't have time to do that on a weekday morning.
  • I weigh in at my doctor's on Monday mornings. I update myfitnesspal.com right away on my phone so I can see the grid hopefully move down a speck and then when I get home, I update my CW and my challenge weight & thread.

It makes for an exciting Monday afternoon for me, I'm dead serious!

(I do peek at the scale during the week but I never record that weight, good or bad.)
  • Monday is my official weigh-in day and that's when I change my ticker/CW. I actually cheated and weighed myself yesterday and was 188.8 and I was so tempted to change it, but I'm waiting until Monday.
  • The minute I see that lower number I'm on here changing it! Like this morning, haha. I woke up and saw a new low number and had to go change all my tickers and profiles.
  • My weight fluctuates so much that I record what I call my new low. So two days ago my weigt was 177.2 which was the lowest its been for a long time. Even tho, if I had weighed myself today it would probably be a little higher I go ahead and take it. I don't change my weight on any of my tickers until I reach another new low. So I'm not for sure what my true weight is but its enough to give me a sense of my rate of loss. When I'm close to goal I'm sure ill have to change my strategy but right now this is what's working for me.
  • I record whatever the scale says every Monday, up or down, and change everything right then! Personally, if I started doing highest/lowest/average weights I'd start cheating myself and doing some creative accounting on the numbers, or doing some extreme diet to get the numbers down. I have to call it exactly what it is on the day. As for goals/mini goals, I'd want to maintain it for a few weeks or go a few lbs under to know once I've posted it, it's permanent. Eg I'm calling onederland at 198