Would this be healthy?

• Hey everybody, i'm new here and i have a question. I have been struggling with an eating disorder for at lot of years but is now fully committed to eating healthy and being healthy where as before it was only about losing weight, but to be honest i'm a little unsure of what is healthy and what isn't, i can't get myself to eat stuff like bread, pasta or dairy, i just can't, but i was thinking would it be healthy to only eat fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds - and sushi a couple times a month? I do take vitamins and supplements
  • Quote: Hey everybody, i'm new here and i have a question. I have been struggling with an eating disorder for at lot of years but is now fully committed to eating healthy and being healthy where as before it was only about losing weight, but to be honest i'm a little unsure of what is healthy and what isn't, i can't get myself to eat stuff like bread, pasta or dairy, i just can't, but i was thinking would it be healthy to only eat fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds - and sushi a couple times a month? I do take vitamins and supplements
    Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing your struggle. It's funny how one person's weakness is another person's strength. I'm fighting to rid my diet of carbs and you can't bring yourself to eat them.

Health is what makes you feel good. You say you like to eat fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. If you add meats to that you could well be on your way to eating a paleolithic diet, which many claim to be a very safe and healthy way to live. You might want to look into it.

Of course you can live without bread and pasta and still be healthy if not healthier than those of us who eat it. Think about the people who are glucose-intolerant or allergic to wheat. There are ways to supplement your diet and still have balance, it's all about balance at the end of the day. But definitely check out a glucose-free diet or a paleo diet because you might be able to follow those plans easily.
  • Quote: Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing your struggle. It's funny how one person's weakness is another person's strength. I'm fighting to rid my diet of carbs and you can't bring yourself to eat them.

Health is what makes you feel good. You say you like to eat fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. If you add meats to that you could well be on your way to eating a paleolithic diet, which many claim to be a very safe and healthy way to live. You might want to look into it.

Of course you can live without bread and pasta and still be healthy if not healthier than those of us who eat it. Think about the people who are glucose-intolerant or allergic to wheat. There are ways to supplement your diet and still have balance, it's all about balance at the end of the day. But definitely check out a glucose-free diet or a paleo diet because you might be able to follow those plans easily.
    Thanks a lot! I'm definitely gonna look into those!
  • Welcome!

Healthy can be very subjective! I think on paper it does sound good! Taking into account you are eating enough to sustain you, and you feel good, that's the most important thing!

Again, welcome, and good luck!
  • Your diet without grain or dairy is fine as someone mentioned people with allergies do it ... what worries me is your goal weight of 110 for someone that is 5-7.

That would give you a BMI of 17.2, 18.5 is underweight. The smallest you could be without being underweight is 118.

http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ < ---- BMI calulator