General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #76  

Had an interesting experience yesterday. We went to an afternoon ministry meeting and to lunch before. After getting my glass of water I turned around and my plate hit a poll and went flying to the floor. I was so embarrassed that I just took the rag that one dear woman handed me and went to the bathroom to try to undo the damage. I had on a light gray skirt and couldn't get the stain clear out but after that I did NOT feel like eating. Funny thing was that on the way home my dh, dil and ds wanted to stop at subway. Knowing all these wonderful tomatoes we had at home I decided to wait and eat at home. It worked great and I wasn't starving or anything. Love those garden tomatoes with a half a sandwich.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #77  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Had a binge this weekend blah It wasn't emotional or anything. I bought the low carb peanut butter cups and I ate the whole box (12). I was mildly hungry, but I have been on this sugar thing lately. Anyway, they can't come back in the house. When it cools off I'll keep in the car. I worked out a lil harder this morning. Also seems since I've been working out I need to relearn hunger and not overeat. I like to work out on an empty stomach and by the time I'm done I feel like I wanna gnaw off my own leg.

I worked out, had a glass of almond milk to take the edge off while I made breakfast. That was about 8:30. By the time I was almost to work at noon I was looking for something else. So I picked up a danish...blah. I packed my lunch today and dinner should be fine, but maybe I need a bigger breakfast. I'm thinking of trying toast with breakfast on wednesday and see if that helps.

To stop my addiction to the scale I'm not getting on till the 14th. It was making me crazy.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #78  

Obi, I find that when you allow all foods that they lose their pull so to speak. But if you deny yourself things pretty soon they have a really strong pull.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #79  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

I haven't been conciously denying myself the peanut butter cups, but I need to take some power from them...and I also started buying the low sugar pudding I love so much and didn't have an issue with that. Ok so I'm gonna buy another box of these things and keep them at work. Let's see how this goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Obi, I find that when you allow all foods that they lose their pull so to speak. But if you deny yourself things pretty soon they have a really strong pull.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 08-06-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #80  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Carolr
Tammy You are so blessed to have your DH doing this with you. That must be really nice..
Yes it is, BUT, I have learned that this man CANNOT serve me my food, he is a wonderful man, awesome cook and loves to fix the food, problem is he puts WAY TOO MUCH food on the plate, so I have to hurry and hand him a salad size plate and tell him to put "just what fits" and no more or he will serve me a serving the size of HIS clenched fist!! Have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #81  

I had my binge yesterday on Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream. Didn't get hungry again for 6 hr.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #82  

Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #83  
Intuituve Eater

Wink

Hey ladies...so I think I had an IE victory yesterday. I went out last night since it was the end of my 28 days of trying to strict Low carb. I went thinking ok I'm going to indulge, but my stomach had other ideas. I had an appetizer, half a burger and a salad. I wrapped up the half a burger and ate it 3-4 hours later and wasn't the least bit interested in dessert. I was actually a lil grumpy I missed out on cheesecake, but I just wasn't motivated to force feed myself.

I'm still all bloated from my TOM, so no idea where I am on the scale. Today I had a lunch date and was going to have chiptle which would have meant alot of rice, but instead really wanted veggies and meat.

YAY Me. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I've spent the past 3 days off my knee. I hope it will be well for me to walk on tomorrow or at least by the weekend. I've been eating pretty good as I've been drinking Atkins shakes to make it easier for DH since he has been waiting on me. He brings me into the living room in the evening and DD has made enough food to share with me. My weight has stayed the same. I think it has stabilized. Hopefully when I can stop taking the meds and can move around that the weight will start moving down.

I really like the idea of eating portions being the size of your fist. I plan to make that my goal. I am finding that I really want to eat more low carb and will be glad when I can get up and prepare the low carb meals for myself.

Carolr I knew someone who used to eat ice cream for breakfast. The fact that you ate what you wanted and didn't get hungry again until 6 hrs later shows that you were actually practicing IE. When I was diagnosed diabetic 2, DH said something to the doc about I couldn't eat anything with sugar and the doc said "Oh she can have sugar. If she wants ice cream for a meal, she can have it". So I personally think you did okay.

Obie I think you did great and just remember that you can have the cheesecake next time if you want it. In the book Eden diet she says it is okay to eat dessert 1st sometime and then if you're still hungry after dessert, you can eat what you want till satisfied.

Tammy Tony isn't a big eater so I would probably get a proper serving. LOL

Y'all have a great day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #85  
Intuituve Eater

Thumbs down

Patty what shakes are you drinking...just curious.

While I did well in IE...I think the extra carbs didn't help, my bloating seems to have gone into overdrive. I have another 5 days before it goes back to normal tomorrow. Blah. I also didn't like the way my body felt after all the extra carbs. Happily going back to lower carbs.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
Patty what shakes are you drinking...just curious.

While I did well in IE...I think the extra carbs didn't help, my bloating seems to have gone into overdrive. I have another 5 days before it goes back to normal tomorrow. Blah. I also didn't like the way my body felt after all the extra carbs. Happily going back to lower carbs.
I have both Atkins and Slim Fast shakes however, I'm only drinking the Atkins right now. I don't like to eat a whole lot of cabs, but I do not want go as low as Atkins. While staying off this knee for in order for it to heal, I am drinking 2 shakes, 2 fruits and a meal. This makes it much easier for DH to take care of me. As soon as I am able to be up and about, I will go back on plan.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #87  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post

Hey ladies...so I think I had an IE victory yesterday. I went out last night since it was the end of my 28 days of trying to strict Low carb. I went thinking ok I'm going to indulge, but my stomach had other ideas. I had an appetizer, half a burger and a salad. I wrapped up the half a burger and ate it 3-4 hours later and wasn't the least bit interested in dessert. I was actually a lil grumpy I missed out on cheesecake, but I just wasn't motivated to force feed myself.

I'm still all bloated from my TOM, so no idea where I am on the scale. Today I had a lunch date and was going to have chiptle which would have meant alot of rice, but instead really wanted veggies and meat.

YAY Me. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
You go Obie, good for you!!!!!!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #88  

Jamoca almond fudge ice cream again but no binge. Hate that really full feeling.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Jamoca almond fudge ice cream again but no binge. Hate that really full feeling.
Congratulations on eating the ice cream without a binge. Never heard of Jamoca almond fudge ice cream. Who makes it?

I hate that stuffed/full feeling too. We had BD dinner for DSIL the other night and it felt so good to eat what I wanted and I stopped when I was satisfied. Later DD talked about how she was so full she felt stuffed and I didn't say anything, but I had to inwardly smile at myself as I thought "I don't feel full or stuffed. I feel satisfied". It was a great feeling because until she said that, I had thought I ate too much because I ate a small serving of just about everything. It wasn't until she said something that I realized I had stopped when satisfied not stuffed or full. And the scales rewarded me today with a 4 lb loss for this week.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #90  

Quote:
We had BD dinner for DSIL the other night
We had a going away party for some friends yesterday. All that cooking makes me NOT hungry.