General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #46  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Wink

Quickie Post. Feel of the low carb wagon for about 5 days, gain 6 lbs. I pretty much sampled everything i hadnt eaten in 3 weeks. I know its weird but I think it would have been alot of worse if I hadn't had IE to tell me to stop eating...Back on the wagon...Also dating a new guy and I see its gonna be interesting.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #47  

Quote:
I know its weird but I think it would have been alot of worse if I hadn't had IE to tell me to stop eating...Back on the wagon..
You can do it Obi.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Obi Can you plan some of the foods you like into your IE way of eating? Perhaps if you didn't think of those foods as "bad foods" they wouldn't be a problem. I know there are some foods that I cannot do that with, so I don't bring them in the house or I designate them as belonging to someone else. Example, I love potato chips. I wouldn't even bring them in the house except DH eats them. So I just don't touch them because I see them as his. I am afraid to even try to eat them because I can't eat them in moderation. I have to stay away from them. But there are other foods that I like that I am learning to eat in small amounts when I want them. In other words, I plan to eat the foods that I used to consider as "bad" foods.

I feel like I'm rambling. Sure hopes this makes sense and can help.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #49  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Obi I am afraid to even try to eat them because I can't eat them in moderation. I have to stay away from them. But there are other foods that I like that I am learning to eat in small amounts when I want them. In other words, I plan to eat the foods that I used to consider as "bad" foods..
I know what you mean about the chips. When I do buy chips, love chips with a sandwich and the only time I eat chips is with a sandwich, I buy those little .25 cent bags, not much in there, but it is just enough. So this may be a good way for you to be able to eat them with control. Have a blessed evening. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, ladies...Hope you're all doing well.

A couple of days ago, my sister gave me a Fitbit Ultra. It's like a glorified pedometer that can tell when you go up flights of stairs, and knows when you're being more active than usual.

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I'm a numbers geek, so love all the data it gives me. I'm also very competitive, so this will help me to compete with myself, if no one else, to get out from behind my computer and out the door to walk more often.

The goal is to get at least 10,000 steps each day. I'm not in condition to do that just yet, but amazingly enough, I found that I ended the day yesterday with over 7000 steps.

I haven't been doing very well with my eating this summer. It's been too hot here, and we've just been grabbing "whatever" to eat. And speaking of potato chips, I don't usually buy them these days because I think four dollars is way too much to pay for a bag, but since it's been hot, I've been buying and eating more of them than is necessary.

Heading into August means fall won't be too far behind--yay!--so I'm hoping the heat will be reasonable enough until then that I'll be able to continue getting out to do some walking.

I don't care about "thin" any more. Those days may be long gone for me, but I do want to improve my health and my mobility. At this size, there are quite a few things that are difficult, if not nearly impossible to do, and I'm still a little too young to be that limited.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #51  

Becky, The Fitbit sounds great since it seems to know when you go up stairs. Enjoy. I don't usually eat chips any more but have hit them pretty good this summer. I too have been grabbing whatever is easy because I didn't want to bother with cooking. I make one main meal a day with DH and the rest of the day is fin for yourself.

I am getting back on track this weekend. I don't cut out all carbs, but because of the effects some foods have on my blood sugar I have learned to be careful. Just for the fun of it and as part of the Eden Diet, I am journaling the foods I am eating right now. Since I don't want to cook because it is too hot and because I can't stand on my right knee for very long (I rode the recumbent bike too long and hurt my knee); I got me some shakes to drink and a few low carb snack bars. I decided to count my carbs and my calories just to see how I am doing with my eating. I was very surprised to find that I'm not eating almost 60 g carbs and no more than 1200 calories. I'm not trying to keep it that low, it just seems to be working out that way. I love the way it makes me feel. I'm not hungry and I don't have that full stuffed feeling. At this time, my goal is to keep myself feeling the way I do right now when I eat. I feel satisfied and content.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #52  

I really blew it today. We had a dinner at church and my son and I cooked it Also late afternoon supper. When I got home I was so tired but craving a home grown tomato and ate some potato salad, a small sandwich and a brownie. Yikes!!! I'm sure I over did it.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #53  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

I'm back on track and what I think will happen is once every 2 weeks I'll have a carb day...Most likely on a saturday. The only thing i seem to be craving is sweet not potatoes or pasta or rice. As I'm typing this I might just try and work in some low carb sweets and see if that helps, but I think saturadys will be coffee and donut day. I miss them. it isn't IE, but I'm ok with that.

Waiting for summer to be over I miss working out, but I just can't seem to want to do it in the heat.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
I'm back on track and what I think will happen is once every 2 weeks I'll have a carb day...Most likely on a saturday. The only thing i seem to be craving is sweet not potatoes or pasta or rice. As I'm typing this I might just try and work in some low carb sweets and see if that helps, but I think saturadys will be coffee and donut day. I miss them. it isn't IE, but I'm ok with that.

Waiting for summer to be over I miss working out, but I just can't seem to want to do it in the heat.
My DMIL of 31 yrs worked for a weight loss doctor in CA. He put his patients on low carb, but one day a week they were allowed to eat anything they wanted and then get right back on their low carb the next day.

I learned when I was on Carbohydrate Addicts diet that I could have a carby meal which they call a Reward Meal once a day, All my other eating was low carb. I always allow myself a little chocolate once a day but I had it at my Reward Meal. I loved that way of eating because once a day I could have whatever I wanted to eat within the 1 hour Reward Meal and I lost weight on it. Don't know why I have such a difficult time eating that way now. I never thought of it as dieting because I was so happy and satisfied when eating that way. Oh well, I think it is like Rob Stevens book says... I've got an "overfed head"... just too much "diet" info.

Anyway, I do know that allowing yourself a carby food once a day or once a week actually works. It just takes making a commitment to the way you want to eat and that is where I get hung up. I think IE works because you don't have to do anything but listen to and follow what our body signals tells us. Sounds sssoooo easy but it isn't and I figure that is because of too much "diet" thinking.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #55  
Intuituve Eater

Red face

Patty Girl I think you have it exactly right. I have already been able to say no to some things that i was a lil tempted by because I know on saturday I can have my donut and coffee.

Carolr is a process...you know what happened and you learn from it

So....something interesting...I am PMSing....I only just realized when my ankles started to swell (this only started in the last 6 months or so, never noticed bloating before) It makes me wonder how much of my craving from last week were apart of that. Eh ..we'll see what happens next month.

My supermarket has a whole section of atkins friendly snacks and stuff including pasta. I went a lil crazy buying stuff to sample (Peanut butter cups woo hoo), that might help. I don't miss pasta, but every so often I see some new interesting pasta dish recipe somewhere and realize I can't have it. So that will be an adventure for this weekend as well. I also think it will give me some variety....

My body misses working out so up early tomorrow to try and motivate myself to do something light and easy.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #56  

Waiting longer for hunger today. Need to do that.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #57  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! This week hubby and I are working on stopping when approaching full. Last night I was eating supper and was enjoying the food and had maybe 3 or 4 bites left and sat there for a few minutes arguing with myself whether to finish it, with the argument "it's just a few bites, it really can't be that bad, blah, blah, blah" and I decided NO! I am no longer hungry and am NOT going to finish this and in the trash it went!! Also, we had cookies Sunday and had a few and have not touched the bag since! Progress indeed! Have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #58  

Quote:
I decided NO! I am no longer hungry and am NOT going to finish this and in the trash it went!!
Good thinking.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #59  
Intuituve Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCajun View Post
Morning all! This week hubby and I are working on stopping when approaching full. Last night I was eating supper and was enjoying the food and had maybe 3 or 4 bites left and sat there for a few minutes arguing with myself whether to finish it, with the argument "it's just a few bites, it really can't be that bad, blah, blah, blah" and I decided NO! I am no longer hungry and am NOT going to finish this and in the trash it went!! Also, we had cookies Sunday and had a few and have not touched the bag since! Progress indeed! Have a blessed day.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #60  
Intuituve Eater

So just checking in. Kinda working out what works or me with my schedule. I work 12pm-8pm 3 days a week and 9-5 two day a week. I'm up about 6am or 7am everyday so my meals are weird day to day. learning I need to have breakfast or I feel like I'm always catching up because of hunger. I bought an atkins shake for when I get to work at 12. It means I don't have an extra meal . It did a nice job of satisfying me. I'm not much of a snacker so we'll see how this works.