General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default Food ideas?

So, I'm really trying to get serious here. I don't want to ever hit 180lbs, I've been looking all over the internet for some healthy breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas.. preferrably not too much going into it when making it, I'd really like the breakfast and lunch ideas specifically to be nice and easy. I like to cook but I don't have the time in the morning, and I hate my kitchen where we are right now. (Can't wait to buy a house!) But I can't find any real great easy ideas for anything on here, or anywhere.. any ideas?

What are your favorite breakfasts and lunches you find you could eat a whole lot? Favorites Please share!
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:03 AM   #2  

A scrambled egg burrito with 2 eggs, salsa and some sort of cheese or smoked meat is great for any meal, and very quick!

A good bowl of oatmeal. I usually always cook my oatmeal w/water and milk (or soy milk) and spices that I like. When cooked like that you get a great bowl of oatmeal after it is done. Also, I crush up almonds and flax seed to add after cooking for some crunch.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I like breakfasts that are high in protein and fat, as they keep me full longest.
This is what I've had the past few days; They are each around 300 calories.

- 2 organic hot dogs, sliced and a serving of wheat thins.
- cheese and crackers.
- 1 hot dog, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 an avocado
- Bagel with egg and avocado (that was around 500 but I was going hiking)
- 2 hardboiled eggs with 1/2 an avocado.

My lunches tend to be made of things I've prepared on Sundays
A mix of
- 1/2 cup rice or other grain
- 4-5 ounces of meat or tofu
- some veggies.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

My new go-to breakfast is a serving of Chex cereal (it is gluten free) with some almond milk and berries. I also have 1 or 2 boiled eggs to go along with it. I boil a whole dozen eggs in an evening once a week and keep them in the fridge. They last me the whole week.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #5  

0% fat plain greek yogurt, cinnamon, 10 crushed almonds, and sliced strawberries or blueberries. Sometimes I mix in a dollop of reduced sugar jam to add a little more sweetness. Comes to about 170-200 for breakfast.

My favorite breakfast is 1 garden burger broken up into an egg beater omelette, with some other veggies and a reduced fat slice of cheese. Usually around 200-250 cals and extremely satisfying!
stunzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Anything with eggs really. I love poaching eggs because you can usually let them cook while you do other things (I let mine cook while getting my lunch ready). I usually have mine with tomato and roasted pepper, but you can certainly eat them with anything you want.

Microwaved scrambled eggs in a mug is VERY QUICK (a minute or less) and tasty. I like eating those when I'm at work.

Also you can bake your own breakfast items ahead of time and just grab and go in the morning. I've been on a muffin making kick lately ever since I picked up some whole wheat flour. Best part is you know EXACTLY what's in the muffins!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote