3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Mayo or Miracle Whip? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/256435-mayo-miracle-whip.html)

BeckyC15642 04-07-2012 02:46 AM

Mayo or Miracle Whip?

I know neither one is exactly healthy for you, but which one is "better" for you? Miracle Whip has half the calories as Mayo does, but has sugar/HFCS and is more processed... so do I go with the one with more calories/fat or do I go with the one that is more processed with less fat?

Just wanted to get everyone's opinions! :)

Candeka 04-07-2012 02:57 AM

I'd go with the more calories/fat one (which I am guessing is mayo). You can easily make up for the calories somewhere else in the day while putting something less processed into your body.

ValRock 04-07-2012 03:08 AM

I agree. I avoid HFCS like the plague! I'd personally eat back all the calories I saved from it, with the cravings it would give me! That stuff is evil!

thistoo 04-07-2012 08:32 AM

I don't really like either, not because of what's in them, but because of the taste. If you have access to a health food store (or a good whole foods section at your grocery store) look for Vegenaise. It's made from Grapeseed Oil and it's DELISH.

tribalgirl 04-08-2012 12:38 PM

If I'm going to use mayo, I use the real thing, not MW.

I've never tried Vegenaise, although, I've seen it at the HFS. I think I'll give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion, thistoo! :)

ValRock 04-08-2012 12:44 PM

What are you using it for?

I often sub Greek Yogurt with our without spices for other creamy substances and it's usually pretty good :).

Me Too 04-08-2012 11:40 PM

one word, mayo

BeckyC15642 04-09-2012 03:52 AM

I've only been using mayo when making tuna sandwiches, so I only use a small amount. I was just wondering if it would be better to keep using that or to go with Miracle Whip. Other than my 2-3 tuna sandwiches a week, that's all I use mayo/miracle whip for which I don't think is too bad considering I used to use it all the time! :)

melodymist 04-09-2012 03:59 AM

I love mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

philana 04-09-2012 04:37 AM

I would go for the mayo any day in the week! I avoid the 'light' products and just have the real full fat thing but a smaller portion and less often.

I have Greek Yoghurt every morning, and I always have the full fat one, I just use less. And I always have a bit of sugar in it too. Real sugar.

sontaikle 04-09-2012 06:52 AM

While this would totally ruin the point of saving calories, you can actually try making a tuna salad with avocado. It's probably a lot more nutritious that way, it's just that it'll be higher in calories than any "light" product I guess.

I actually find that just eating tuna as-is is pretty tasty. Sometimes I do mix in some onion powder though :)