General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #256  
Lo

S/C/G: 140/138/125

Height: 5'3

Hey summerlove -

I actually haven't tried doing fast5 or the IF yet.. I'm wondering if it would actually be easier to stay within my calorie limits if I started using eating windows every day rather than only 24 hour fasts twice a week.. Anyone out there have experience with each and prefer one over the other?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby here. I am happy to say that switching to the Theraflu and one day back on IF, window was more like 8 hr, the weight is back down and looks like I may have lost another lb although I'm not going to count it until Wednesday WI.

I think using any eating window helps me. Some days I eat in a 4 hr window and some days it is a 8 hr. I just kind of go with how I feel trying to listen to my body signals. About 10 years ago, I lost weight doing Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. For a long time I ate only one balanced (they called it a Reward) Meal a day which meant I was doing a 24 hr fast everyday. Later I went to eating 2 meals a day where I ate the balanced Reward meal (RM) and 1 Complimentary Meal (CM) which was a no starchy carbs meal. I lost 70+ lb. I did it because I wanted to lose as much weight as possible before I went back home in TX. After the trip, I started back to eating and here I am with almost all that weight back. I had never heard of IF and thought I had to go back to eating 3 meals a day. Stupid thinking on my part. DAH Any way I shared all that to say that I have decitided to go back to eating that way. I love eating that way and always did. Now that I know about IF, I know how healthy this way of eating is, why not go back to it? I read something the other day about the benefits of eating 2 meals a day. Of course they were pushing eating breakfast which we have learned we don't have to do. But there is a real benefit of giving your body a rest even between meals... article suggest 4 hrs helps with our digestion.

Well, sorry I got to run DH has a docs appt in less than an hour.

BBL
Old 04-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #258  
Still Maintaining! :)

S/C/G: 260/146/146

Height: 5'6"

summerlove I've done 16/8 and Fast 5 and can't really tell a difference as far as how I feel. I picked Fast 5 because I eat less when I have less time to eat...

On the weekends, I often do a much shorter fast one day (like Sunday so I can eat at the family 1 PM lunch). Gives me something to look forward to and works around my social schedule. I've not noticed that it hurts anything. I think even doing IF 5 days would be helpful.

Last edited by KTucke7; 04-16-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'1"

Way to go on the loss 35 x 35,,penguin41,,Rosey85!

thistoo I have also been strugling with staying strick with IF but Im just going with the flow and trying not to fight with my body.

Welcome Dolores Clairbourne!

Sapphiregirl congrats on your 24fast yesterday!

pattygirl63 hope you get over your cold soon.

Welcome Proatthis and 48hr fast, wow and good luck!

Good luck kelleyb, we'll get back on track.

summerlove, hope your fast goes well and welcome if I havent welcomed you yet.

BKLady4, I try to stick with Fast 5 during the week and sometimes add 1 to 2 24hr fasts in there.

So today is my weigh in day and Im at the same weight as last week, 140..so, all I can do is keep on going
Hope everyone has a successful day
Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #260  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I go back and forth. I have a 5 hour "ideal window" and an 8 hour "if I feel the need to eat or life gets in the way window" - I have never done a 24 hr fast and dont really have a desire to any time soon.

I usually break fast somewhere between 12 and 2. I dont think I have ever gone later than 2 (I get up at 5 am and start my day with a workout). Wednesday I have a bizarre schedule and will either have to break really early or after 4. I'll play it by ear

Last edited by ennay; 04-16-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #261  

Height: 5'0"

Just dropping in... things have been hectic.

summerlove: weekends are hard for me, too, mostly because Hubs is home and wants to eat, eat, eat. I do relax a bit more on the weekends, but then I pay for it on Monday.

Today I am feeling bloated and ugh. Probably because I relaxed TOO much this weekend. My bday is this week, too, but I am still sticking to my plan of sushi.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 193/176.5/137

Height: 5'5

I went out today with my hubby and got some Japanese food. I thought I would regret it later, but I got home and I realized that was not the case! I tried on some of my favorite pants. Unfortunately, I've noticed them getting tighter over the past few months.. I could wear them, but only if I squeezed my butt in. Even then, sitting down was not comfy and they are a pain in the butt to walk in...literally! I never wear them anymore.

Well, that might be changing soon! When I tried them on I noticed I could squeeze myself in them MUCH easier. Walking and sitting are actually comfortable now! I am surprised that I am seeing some small results so quickly! I hope I will be able to wear these pants without too much hassle by my birthday exactly three months from now!

Last edited by penguin41; 04-16-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone

I just finished a 48 hour fast and feel great! I haven't weighed myself yet I will do that later. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #264  
Lo

S/C/G: 140/138/125

Height: 5'3

Penguin, what a great feeling! I love when that happens. I have a white jean skirt that I use to gauge how I'm doing. Right now it's pretty tight, but stilll buttons. I'm hoping by July it will be comfortable.

Proatthis - good job on the 48 hour fast! I started my fast last night around 830. Not hungry really right now, but I never am. Hopefully it's not too difficult a fast, as I'm getting a cold. However, I read that fasting can help shorten cold symptoms, yet another positive!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/150

Hi All,

I hope everyone is having an awesome week. IF'ing is going really well for me after trying everything to help me lose weight. I am almost into onederland - scale said 200.6 today. I can't wait to be in onderland again - it's been a long time. Hubby finally said something last night about me losing weight - and it was so nice to hear and know he noticed. I am wearing shirts that my tummy couldn't fit it and it's nice to now have a variety to choose from. I am not sleeping well though - not sure what' up with that.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Pretty lady - you and me both on getting to Onederland. Good Luck!

penguin - I totally hear ya. I've actually had to take in most of my work pants. The pair I have on today I could not wear after gaining weight (after taking my current job, lots of sitting). There are pretty lose right now and I will probably have to take them in soon too. Its a great feeling. I refuse to buy new clothes until I absolutely cannot wear what I own now.

Esmi - Keep working at it. You've done great so far, Its so much harder when you only have a little to lose!

Today is my official weigh in day. I weighed in at 200.8. That is 2.8 lbs this week. I am really happy with that. I'm thinking after my fast on Thursday, that nasty two will be gone!

Just want to let everyone know of my nearly 50 lbs lost. 31.1 (10 was probably in the first 3 weeks)was with conventional calorie and 18.1 has been with IF. 31 was over 7 months and 18 over 2.5. So with IF I have lost over 7 lbs a month, compared to 4 with lcd. I was actually plateuing A LOT with the lcd, haven't had a non-loss week with IF. So if you are wondering if IF works for weight loss, it does!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #267  

Good Morning Everyone,

Feeling much better today as cold is getting better and cough is more of a dry cough instead of croopy like. DD has a nebulizer and had me use it yesterday and I think it really helped. Weight was still down so I am thankful to be rid of that horrible fluid build up. We ate out yesterday so I wasn't sure if it would stay off or not but it did. I think I will have a shorter window today as we probably won't eat until after 3 which is rare for us. Schedule is just falling that way. I think that is one of the nice things about IF; it easily fits into any schedule.

Prettylady411 - That is great that you will soon be in Onderland and so neat that DH noticed and said something.

BKLady4 - Good luck on the fast and hope it helps shorten or even prevent the cold. I am more and more amazed at all the great positive benefits of fasting. It really makes you wonder why we've been made to think it is so bad for us.

Proatthis - Great job on the 48 hr fast. Years ago I did a one week fast with the church I was in, but I don't think I could ever do that again. My diet doctor I went to back then told me what a good thing I had done for my body and said that I should really ready to get back on my diet. Oh how I had known what I know now about IF. I would love to try a 24 hr fast sometime, but haven't got myself convinced I can do yet. I do it when we travel so I know I can... it's just getting my mind set to do it. Any Congratulations for doing the 48.

penguin41 - I love it when the scales moved but I really love when clothes I haven't been able to wear suddenly fits. I'm happy for you. Great job.

KTucke7 - I think that is the nice thing about IF is being able to have a short fast or a longer fast depending on what is going on that day. Most days I plan to have a 4 or 5 hr eating window, know if I need up to an 8 hr fast that I haven't blown it. After reading so many things about different diets and what makes some of them work better than others, it helps me to understand why IF works so well. This flexibility does away with those times when a person thinks "oh well I've blown it so I may as well eat and start over tomorrow" feelings. We're always OP.

banananutmuffin - Don't know exactly when your birthday is, but I wish you a very Happy Birthday. I know a lady who celebrates her birthday all month, so you have a Very Happy Birthday Week.

I know I've missed some so I'll just say Hi to all of you.

Have a great IF day.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #268  

wvuchick - CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss and thanks so much for sharing your experience with IF. Great job and news.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

For the past few months, i've been doing IF but not losing weight because i have had quite a few sugar binges in the evenings. During the day though, i don't eat any sugar or starch (big contrast from when i used to snack on cereal and cookies all day). Well yesterday i went to the dentist and the hygienist said i had a HUGE improvement in my gum recession!!!! Before, i had deep pockets of 5-6 mm, now i am down to mostly 2-3 mm and only a couple 4's!!! I need to give up the binges altogether, of course, but it has obviously helped that i limit them to nighttime, when i'm going to be brushing my teeth shortly after. Yay!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'1"

ennay-Thats great that you have 2 windows that you go by, cause we all know how life can sneak up on us and we have to tweak things.

banananutmuffin, I am the same way on weekends and hubby likes to cook for us.

penguin41-how wonderful that you are shrinking and your clothes fit better.

Proatthis- Have a great day and way to go on finishing your fast.

BKLady4 I sure hope you dont get too sick and that it passes fast.

Prettylady411-Congrats on being o so close to onederland, and it feels so great to have hubby notice the weight loss.

Good job wvuchick on your continued weight loss! And your right, i dont seem as determined as before to do my 24hr fasts etc, but I am staying within my window and averaging 20hr fasts and Im so close to my goal! Thanx for the encouraging words.
Its really great to read about how you lost all your weight so far, thank you, and it shows us how great IF truly is if you give it a chance.

Everybody have a successful IF day!!!!
Closed Thread