General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #1  
Viking Barbarian

S/C/G: 298/226/120

Height: 5'8"

Question Tried IF...thought I was gonna die.

Back in high school I used to do IF no problem. Yesterday I was expecting the same, but it was awful!! I woke up fine, made it through the morning hungry but fine, went to work, and thought I was going to die. I felt weak, nauseous (i kept a soda (diet) with me all day so sip on because i felt so bad), lightheaded, etc. When I got home the bf wanted to order out and i was more than happy to. I don't understand why I felt so terrible. I do work with food all day so I can see it as being psychological easily...but I was cooking ravioli with chicken and tomato sauce...I don't eat meat or sauce. And it's not like I had the desire to eat (a co-worker was doing chocolate covered strawberries...thought I was going to die there. She kept offering too it was driving me crazy!!!!) and I was offered a chocolate bar from munsons and a cupcake but I didn't want them. It was weird. I'm going to try again today since I'm at home all day and can make teas and drink actual ice water unlike at work, but any advice? I don't know why this is so hard for me now, I used to be a pro.

oh and I need my moment. I finally saw a 7 last night!!! I weighed in at 279 FINALLY so I guess a partial day did do something for me I haven't seen that number in over a year.
TheVikingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I do IF 6 days a week. I find that if I'm not drinking my hot tea/ice tea or water all day long, its harder. Is there a reason you can't drink water at work?

GL. It'll get easier!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #3  
Viking Barbarian

Well I work at Sam's club making free samples, and since we have a cart next to ovens and skillets etc they don't want any beverages with you. I was risking MAJOR trouble having that soda yesterday. They have "designated" water bottles, but I haven't been able to get one yet though i asked a while ago. They have to send them out from California along with the uniforms etc so I don't see it happening any time soon, and even if I bought one that was the same exact thing i couldn't use it because it's not from them. It's kinda stupid.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #4  
Viking Barbarian

Oh and how do you do it that often? What's you eating schedule like then? Just curious since I'm still trying to figure out a grand master plan I can stick to lol
Old 02-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

I feel really stupid asking, but what is IF?
superchick36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #6  
Viking Barbarian

Intermittent Fasting
Old 02-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Hydration is SO key. I do If 6 days a week and a full fast one of those days. If I'm not getting enough water I can tell very quickly!

I also take some cinnamon capsules and a B complex mid day.

It does get easier!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I know this is an old thread but ValRock- I was wondering what does the cinnamon capsules do for you?
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 147/135.3/127-132

Height: 5'2"ish

I have a hard time getting started myself. I do 6/18 or 8/16 days & the first few days are kind of rough because I HAVE to eat right after I get up or I feel sick so I always go to bed hungry the first few days.
bluemonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #10  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Not sure what you're thinking IF is, but it's only for a few hours each day. Unless you're doing eat-stop-eat? If I do IF I'll fast from about 8pm to 1pm the following day.
meltaway is offline   Reply With Quote