Dr. Anderson's Simple Diet

You're on Page 7 of 26
Go to
  • I dunno about the cupcake. I'd probably have it if it's not a daily thing and at this point not worry. For me the closer I get to goal (I lost weight each time after each of the three kids) like within five pounds, that's when I have to budget more and cut some crappy carbs out if I want to be my thinnest. But I'd rather be a size larger or five pounds heavier than my smallest than give up everything.

I'm sorry BF isn't supportive so far, maybe once he sees the positive changes in you he will be more apt to be. DH tried this diet, but he comes from a family that never had to say no. I mean in ALL aspects they will not give up anything to get something, so I think his mindset is still that. He is supportive though, but I hope he starts again as he has thyroid and BP issues. My dad is really regimented as far as workout and diet, as is stepmom, so they really keep me motivated. I don't want to be like my mom, 62 and winded by getting the mail twenty feet for the house. My dad and stepmom still hike, swim, and ice skate (sometimes ski) so it helps. They don't diet per se, my dad is an ice cream eater big time, but they eat healthy 90% of the time.
  • Quote: I went shopping yesterday and bought some frozen entres for 5 days. I felt kinda embarassed buying some many frozen entres. I know I shouldn't care but I do :/
    I felt the same way! I did feel better at the checkout, the cashier was saying that she had a customer who paid over $500 (3 carts of food!) and one whole cart was full of frozen foods so her hands were numb. LOL

This will be my third day on the diet, we are visiting friends so it should be interesting. I think I'll just eat small portions of what they have (they eat pretty healthy) and keep track with my calorie counter app. I am bringing a bar in case I'm tempted by desserts! I started at 192 and I'm already down 2 lbs, I know they say that is usually "water weight", but it feels good anyway.

Kristin
  • A question...how do I change the weight on the weight tracker? Can't figure that out!

Thanks!
  • Quote: I dunno about the cupcake. I'd probably have it if it's not a daily thing and at this point not worry. For me the closer I get to goal (I lost weight each time after each of the three kids) like within five pounds, that's when I have to budget more and cut some crappy carbs out if I want to be my thinnest. But I'd rather be a size larger or five pounds heavier than my smallest than give up everything.

I'm sorry BF isn't supportive so far, maybe once he sees the positive changes in you he will be more apt to be. DH tried this diet, but he comes from a family that never had to say no. I mean in ALL aspects they will not give up anything to get something, so I think his mindset is still that. He is supportive though, but I hope he starts again as he has thyroid and BP issues. My dad is really regimented as far as workout and diet, as is stepmom, so they really keep me motivated. I don't want to be like my mom, 62 and winded by getting the mail twenty feet for the house. My dad and stepmom still hike, swim, and ice skate (sometimes ski) so it helps. They don't diet per se, my dad is an ice cream eater big time, but they eat healthy 90% of the time.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to have it. I won't let it bug me too much. It's not like I eat this every day. It's an Oreo Cupcake, sounds super yummy!
    My boyfriend is really not helping me! Last night, he was eating chips in my face... I locked myself in the bathroom so I didn't see him eating them. SO mean!

I did GREAT yesterday though. Perfect day overall! I had my 2 entrees, 3 shakes & 5 fruits (no veggies). I also drank 2L of water. The only thing I DIDN'T do is go for my walk. I TOTALLY forgot about it. I wanted to go walking yesterday with the dog but it completely slipped my mind while I was reading a good book. I'll make sure to go tonight though!
  • Quote: I felt the same way! I did feel better at the checkout, the cashier was saying that she had a customer who paid over $500 (3 carts of food!) and one whole cart was full of frozen foods so her hands were numb. LOL

This will be my third day on the diet, we are visiting friends so it should be interesting. I think I'll just eat small portions of what they have (they eat pretty healthy) and keep track with my calorie counter app. I am bringing a bar in case I'm tempted by desserts! I started at 192 and I'm already down 2 lbs, I know they say that is usually "water weight", but it feels good anyway.

Kristin
    I can imagine having frozen hands after a full cart! LOL
    Congrats on the 2 lbs weight loss!! That's awesome! Even if it's water weight, it's still weight. Be happy for that! You don't want water weight
  • Quote: A question...how do I change the weight on the weight tracker? Can't figure that out!

Thanks!
    Click on User CP.
    Click on Edit Signature.
    Scroll down and you'll see the code of your signature. In there, you'll see your starting weight, your current weight & your goal weight. Change the last number to what you weigh and voila!
  • Kristin WTG on being prepared with the bar. I really do believe being prepared and not hungry for me is the key, if I am starving it's so much easier to grab crap or fast food. LOL about the cashier's hands, I can imagine, although in these temperatures we have lately it might be welcome (100 degrees give or take 2). I'm sorry I don't know about the tracker. And I'm with Sophie, water weight is still weight. I know for me retaining fluid is a big thing (my mom's side gets severe edema so I do watch it for that reason and I had kidney issues as a child--but knock on wood none since the surgeries when I was little). So I think yay!

Sophie I have to admit I've never had an Oreo cupcake. I never was a fan of Oreos until about 6 years ago and then I was never getting enough, mostly Double Stuf and my daughter got me hooked on the vanilla ones, but like Oreo ice cream is a downfall or those frozen Oreo pies or the "fake" cheesecake you can make on the JELL-O aisle? But I don't buy it. I'm sorry BF isn't being supportive. Last night my husband went on a snack rampage. He told me for years "don't buy it and I won't eat it." Now he has blood sugar issues and is a jerk when he's not eating on a schedule, I mean he has a reputation for it throughout the family and work people. Anyway he was being a jerk and upset there were no snacks (no one stops him from going to buy them and I don't say anything for me it's not worth the argument and honestly he's too lazy to actually go out to the store on the corner and get food). So he ends up eating Top Ramen or whatever those salted noodle things are. He bought a CASE of them about a year ago to take to work (I hate them but my daughter likes them occasionally, the boys not so much). Anyway he ate that THEN got mad at himself because he ate that. It was hard not to say "I told you so" because he does get bloated and swears his bones hurt from the salt. I dunno about bones hurting from salt, but geez if it makes you sick every time you eat it--stop eating it. I say that with him especially because he's on his mom ALL THE TIME for her coffee and cigarette habits, I'm not keen on the cigarettes and she knows because of rheumatoid arthritis and stomach issues she should not have coffee, but she's a big girl. She doesn't smoke in our house and is very considerate, so I think it's semi-dark comedy funny he doesn't see the parallel.

Well I'm up a pound this morning, I don't know why but TTOM is next week so maybe that or salt or who knows. I'm not worried. My goal is to be in the 160s (even if it is 169.9 LOL) by the end of this month or the end of next week because of TTOM and hopefully in the 150s by the end of September. I went through and read a lot of goals and mini goals and saw some pictures of where I want to be in 6-12 months and I do know I can do this. I am also semi hoping because of this my husband will get on board. He did lose about 35 pounds two years ago when he started cutting portions and doing taekwondo. The dojo wasn't really a good one (it was a belt factory) so we quit and I can't do it anymore because of the myofascial issues I have (but maybe later and I'd go to a different studio), but hopefully he'll get excited and start again.

This got long

And OMG I spent more and tried some of Amy's stuff, unfortunately what I didn't notice is it was TWO servings per package so my cheese enchiladas the other day were 480 calories versus the 240 I though (I added them correctly in the calorie counter). I think once in awhile those will be a nice treat though. I love Mexican food.
  • This is going to be my first time trying a oreo cupcake. Hope I don't get hooked on them...
    Men are so complicated sometimes... But we love em anyways lol

Already have a cheat gulped down. I had a coffee this morning with cream & sugar. I'm not planning to cheat again today but I thought I'd confess my cheat. I'm probably going to be getting another one tomorrow with my cupcake. *slaps hand* Bad me!

I had some cherries last night and bit into one that was rotten, GROSS ME OUT! I spit it in the toilet. I paid a lot for these cherries and I have to watch what I eat... What a pain!
  • Ugh I hate that with fruit and veggies, you expect it to be fine and when it's rotten just makes you never want to eat that again.

Good luck today!
  • I know, and I LOVE cherries. THe place I get my fruits from now are always poor quality. I should buy them elsewhere.

I ALMOST weighed in this morning. Should I weigh in daily during the first week or should I wait until the end of the week? I'm so excited to know if it's working.
  • I'm pretty sure he'd recommend once a week, I did it daily the first 2 weeks and now it's probably 2-3 times a week? I read somewhere weigh yourself 2days a week and 2 different times and then add together, divide by 4 and get the average. For me that's not a big deal as long as I see the trend as downward. I lost a lot initially and now it's slowed to about 1 pound a week, but heck better than gaining.
  • Yeah, I think I read once a week too. I'm just too excited to see some weight loss! I LOVE this diet so far! I eat often and eat a LOT healthier than I did. The frozen entrees are so delicious, that helps a lot too!

I'm going to give myself a monthly goal of 10lbs by the end of August so I'll be in the 160's again.
  • Sophie the goal sounds doable. I do find most of the entrees pretty good, I've had some icky ones and for some reason Healthy Choice, which used to be my favorite years ago are too bland to me now. I also do that trick where I will add more veggies to something, say a pasta I'll add spinach to, to use the sauce and add more bulk. Love it!
  • I like Smart Ones & Lean Cuisine. These are the ones I tend to stick to. Yummy! I had Chicken Teriyaki for lunch over brown rice, it was yummy!
  • Quote: Already have a cheat gulped down. I had a coffee this morning with cream & sugar.
    Ok, I have to confess, I'm keeping my morning coffee, with coffeemate and sugar! I just can't do coffee with anything else, I've tried Splenda, Sweet & Low, stevia, agave nectar...just can't stand it with anything but sugar and creamer. I'm just tracking it as part of my calories, it's only about 60 calories a day for two cups, I can work with it.

Kristin