General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 164/163/130

Height: 5' 5"

Glad to hear Crystle is ok. I live in West Texas so we weren't affected, but I had friends and family that were right in the middle of it. It's amazing there were no fatalities. Thank the Lord!

Weighed in this morning. Down .8 lbs. Not much but I'll take it. Woke up very hungry this morning. About to heat up some eggs/sausage I had frozen. Wrap it in a low carb tortilla and start my day.

Yesterday's menu- I missed breakfast because of a meeting. Had red bell pepper strips with homemade ranch dip (no maltodextrin!). Salad with chicken for lunch. And homemade WW pizza for dinner. Oh and blackberries for afternoon snack. Pretty good eating day I think. I think I have a tendency to not eat quite enough. I'll have to keep a watch on that.

Solly-I didn't see 60 minutes but I read an article about it. I'm not sure I agree it is as addictive as cocaine. But I do believe it's poison to your body. Just yesterday my husband told me he needed to get back to eating correctly because he just doesn't feel good. I told him the same thing...sugar is poison to you...it just tastes good. lol I think it's very telling .. When I go without potatoes, for instance, for several months and then eat them I get sick. I think that says it all.

Since our recipe board was deleted, where is everyone getting recipes?

Have a wonderful day everyone!
maables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #212  

Hello everyone! I went to water aerobics this morning. Great workout...then I went to the farmer's market near here and got a five pound bag of tilapia filets for $15! I just finished a batch of Jamaican escoveitch fish. I did not use flour, just some seasoning and so it is gluten free. It is a bit spicy, but we like it. I need to perfect my technique. I have eaten it many times at our Jamaican friends, but never tried it myself. My fish did not fry up evenly golden...and some of it stuck to the pan horribly!

MAABLES: I am not sure about where others get recipes from. I have a lot from years ago, and I check out blogs and recipe sites. One of my favorites is http://www.food.com/ It used to be called recipezaar. It has tons and tons of recipes and you can search for certain categories. You might also want to check the South Beach recipes on here. They are for the most part, the same as Sugarbusters. If you have a link, or find an old one from years ago, you can sometimes get into the recipes. I guess they were not deleted, but sent into cyber space where they could not be easily accessed. Like if you do a search for posts by debelli, you might be able to find some.

Off to work on the rest of dinner!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #213  

MAABLES: Just checked it and it still works. Go to search, search for user Debelli, and you will pull up LOTS since she started a number of the recipe threads.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #214  

Great! Thanks I will check it out!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #215  

Found the recipes and most of the old discussion boards. I was going to post the link to the recipes but I have to have 25 posts first. Guess I better get busy posting more. lol

Went with my girls to Souper Salad last night. I was so proud. I actually stayed legal. It felt so good to walk out of a restaurant and not feel miserable! Day three down...onto four. The cravings are starting to subside. I then had to make two batches of ooey gooey butter cake for my husband to take to work. Didn't sneak one lick. Good day!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #216  

Way to go Maables!

I just blew my carb count...a grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat, and an orange. sigh....

Last edited by Ellen; 04-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #217  

I have not had a grilled cheese in so long...I bet it was yummy! Just limit your carbs for the rest of the day.

Do you know if the sprouted grain breads are any better than standard sgww bread? We have a Sprouts market here and they have a wonderful sprouted grain. It is much softer than the Ezekiel bread. I sometimes get the low carb tortillas too instead of just ww. I don't know if it helps but in my mind it does.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #218  

You know, I really don't know much about the benefits of sprouted grain bread. I think it is easier to digest, but I am not sure. When I ate bread I just made sure I got 100% whole wheat with no HFCS in it. Nature's Own here is made with brown sugar instead. And now that I don't eat bread, I buy Publix whole wheat for the grand kids.

Tonight we went out after church with a group....we had already eaten dinner, but got a 'snack' of chili rellenos and guacamole salad. It was good...and not terribly filling. I did eat a few chips. :O
Old 04-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 128lbs/99/99

Height: 5' 2"

I'm not on any kind of low sugar diet, but I have decided to nearly eliminate sugar from my diet.

Nearly two months in and I'm doing well avoiding sugar rather than eating a candy nearly every day. Only had one candy two days ago, and that was to not pass out from giving blood. Otherwise, I've gone 7 days in with no suga cravings.
Moonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 226/197/145

Height: 5'1"

I'm jealous Moonsai , about the no sugar cravings part! Does anybody know how long it takes to really get clean off sugar? I'm having such a hard time.
llladynasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter. May you have many blessings this year.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #222  

Had a rough week last week hope this is a better one coming up. We're going to barbecue for Easter. Its supposed to be a beautiful day. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #223  

LADY: It varies. I am sorry you are having troubles with it. It took me a week or two the first time, but now that I rarely have sugar, it seems easier to get back off it when I do indulge a bit. I try not to over do it...I did over Christmas and while the cravings are gone, my blood sugar levels are still up and will not come down. sigh....

SOLLY: Happy Easter!

TONI: Sorry you had a rough week. I hope things are better....

Got the gang coming over tomorrow...set the table tonight, to give them hope dinner will eventually be served!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #224  

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Easter. We stayed busy working in house. Just moved about 5 weeks ago. So lots of stuff still to do.

I don't remember how long the sugar cravings took the first time I stopped sugar. This time it has only been a week and the cravings are pretty much gone. I think it's just like nicotine or other addictions...a lot of the craving is mental. When I quit smoking I didn't know what to do with my time after dinner or my drive in to work. It was much more mental than physical for me.

I made Pecan Bars this weekend. I found the recipe in the old recipes for SugarBusters. They were great! I will use less agave next time though...I was surprised at how sweet they were. Pretty soon I'll have enough posts so I can add links!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #225  

Had a wonderful Easter. Just a pleasant day at home. With just DH and I. Got my treadmill walk in this morning and thinking about breakfast.

Ellen- Hope your dinner and day was nice....

maables- Pecan bars sound wonderful. I would love to have the recipe as soon as you get the link up. Sounds like you're busy busy....

Solly- Hows the eating going?

Off to finish my coffee....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote