General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default What Is The Best Supplement To Build Muscles?

Hi, I do workouts regularly but I don't find much difference in my muscles. I haven't consumed supplements so far. I am thinking of trying it. Can anyone suggest me the best supplement to build muscles?
fitnessgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #2  

What are you doing for your workouts? It takes weights to increase muscle, not supplements.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #3  
New start 24/10/10

Height: 5'8

^I agree and wow your weight loss is amazing!!!

It is difficult to build muscle on a calorie deficit because building muscle needs a calorie surplus so this may be why your results are minimal. I would suggest increasing your protein. An rough guide that has proved popular with some weight trainers is 1 gram of protein per lb of lean body mass, if you are not already doing this

Last edited by supergir111; 10-01-2011 at 10:40 AM.
supergir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/185/185

First i would like to clear that it's very hard to build muscles when your trying to lose weight (When the body uses more enegry then you put into it). Thats why many bodybuilders for exampel bulk and cut in periods. I would also clear out that most of the suppliments on the market is just powder that cant show any scientific grounds of it working - With this they add fancy names to sell more.

With this said i can continue to the point. What i would recommend is proteinshakes, EAA (essentional amino acids) and creatine. There is many studies on this and they have shown positive results.

Due to i'm new here i cant post any external links so you have to google thoose urself. But there is great articels out there that can tell you more about this suppliments.

// Adam
Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote