General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 09:02 PM   #46  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Alice, I'm glad to hear that your plans are on! You must be getting so excited.

judi, you're religious and family relations seem to be going great! Glad you are getting to spend time w/ DH and D.

Hey, I got my groove back on the diet I think. Exercise and food have been consistent this week and I can tell the dif too. I am find it very odd that I am losing inches in my hips and thighs. I am a classic pear and I guess it is age related that my middle is shrinking slower. But I am not complaining about the legs 'cause I have always hated my legs. I think my butt is looking especially firm. The squats and lunges I am doing must be doing the trick. Anyway, body composition changing even when the scale isn't. BUT, I am seeing a LITTLE progress there as well. With 4 1/2 weeks left in challenge 2 I am thinking that I may end up with some good results after all.

Cheryl, how are you doing? Check in and let us know.

Take care.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:02 AM   #47  

Default poutine

Ahaa...poutine is Canadian...well, French Canadian from Quebec. Apparently the story I heard is a fellow had lots of cheese curds left over from his dairy concern and sold it to a french fries shop to put on top of fries with gravy. Now you can have poutine from coast to coast in Canada. McDonald's recently started selling it and New York Fries has been selling it for quite awhile. Its good but fattening, of course.

Ledom you are a pear and I am the classic apple and Alice probably is the hour glass.

Glad you are going on time for your holiday Alice.

Ledom, not that religious...I only started going to church again last July after years of not going.

The week has just flown by. I have new contacts and new glasses so I have been reading like mad.

I have some periwinkles blooming in my yard, blue ones. Daffodils are up in some spots in Vancouver, not yet on the island. I will have lots of them because I see them shooting up all over. One thing that really naturalizes well here. Plant ten and get at least twenty and on and on every year after. My tulips don't last as well though.

Estaban looks a bit better today. Even Marley felt sorry for him, he put his good squeaking ball beside him today and walked away. Highly unselfish of Marley...maybe HE had a religious experience!!

That was very funny about Shamrock!! How do they know those things. Telepathic (sp.) I think.

Did you watch the Michael Jackson special tonight? I did think that English reporter was a real slime the first special.

It is almost 1:00 am, DH and the pets have all gone to bed. I am sitting up eating pistachios and having a glass of wine. I wish you girls were here having a glass of wine with me.

Night! Night!
Old 02-21-2003, 07:33 AM   #48  

Angry It's Friday!

We had a beautiful day yesterday..in the 40's and it was above zero this time! We did have some snow melt.

judi, of course, isn't everything that is good fattening? Thanks for telling me what poutin is. I am a mix of hour glass and apple..I guess. I have a big stomach, but I also have a waist, and my legs and arms are like an apple shape..on the thin side. What have you been reading, anything good? OOOH, flowers blooming! How I envy you. I have another 2 or 3 months before anything appears, (hopefully our snow will have melted by then) Marley was probably trying to comfort Estaban. How sweet! It's amazing how pets know. I wish I was with you having a glass of wine.

ledom, that's wonderful you are back on track and seeing such a difference in your body composition. With your body being toned...it doesn't matter how much you weigh. You are doing so well. Congratulations. (pat..pat..pat..).

We are leaving tomorrow morning. I will be able to check in a few times while I'm away. My IL's have a laptop, and I can see how you guys are doing.

Take care and have a great weekend.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:29 AM   #49  

Hey ladies Sorry for the long absence--Monday was a holiday, had meetings Tue. and Wed., and Thurs. worked in a county w/no computer access of my own.
Needless to say, with all the hectic activity going on this week, I have not stuck to any kind of eating/exercise program AT ALL. Interesting sidebar, though, is that I've lost 3 lbs. Probably lost the muscle I've built so far on BfL. Sigh.
This time of year is the hardest for me where dieting is concerned, because I'll be so BUSY from here until around mid-May, early June. I am seriously thinking of going on hiatus from the BfL program and counting WW points for awhile, leaning more on protein for my points than carbs.
It's supposed to rain the WHOLE weekend here this weekend Hurry up Spring!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss reading your posts and "talking" to you all.

Take care,
Cheryl
Old 02-23-2003, 01:39 PM   #50  
Chick

Hey guys,

Cheryl - keep plugging away no matter what your plan is. When I was in grad school I gained SO much weight because I was busy and stressed. How I wish I could do that over with a different mindset. Taking care of our health should always be our #1 priority.

Alice, hope that sunny skies are shining on you as you make your way south.

judi, wouldn't it be fun to get our little group together? I vote for meeting on your island, it sounds so exotic!

Well, I am just keeping on keeping on. A show opens on Tues. so I'm in that mad rush to get everything hung and arranged. Will be letting out a big sigh of relief as I reach mid-week and it is behind me.

D will be 19 this Fri. so that will involve a big celebration. She recently modeled for one of my favorite artist who was working on a series of paintings for a client. Once we saw the paintings we couldn't stand not owning one so we commisioned a portrait for D's b'day. It gets to stay in MY house until she has a home of her own. It is so cool!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:20 PM   #51  

Thumbs down We're in FL!

We have arrived and it is 81 deg. Finally!!! My kind of winter weather

ledom, a Happy Birthday to your D What a wonderful thing to do ti have a portrait of your D. OOH, to be 19 again! Good luck with your show. I'm sure it will be a success.

judi, I'm with ledom, we all should meet on your island and see all your wonderful scenery and your exotic flowers.

Chery', it was good to hear from you. Just keep plugging along and everything will work out for you. I am also spending more of my points on protein.

Take care and I'll be checking in again. Have a great afternoon and evening.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:07 PM   #52  

Default Florida

Alice, it must be wonderful!!! Enjoy it for all of us! How is Miz Lacee liking travelling??

Yes, I would love it if you girls came to visit. There would be a lot of wine drinking!

Yes, Happy Birthday to your D Ledom! She sounds like a wonderful girl and she has a wonderful mom. The portrait is SUCH a good idea. How is the show going?

Everything here is good, even the weather. THis has been the best winter in my memory with no snow and the least amount of rain.

Cheryl, Ledom and Alice ENJOY the day
Old 02-26-2003, 02:16 PM   #53  
Chick

Default Hey girls,

Cheryl - are you snowed in?

We finally got our yearly winter storm. This is the second day schools have been closed. I have been using my time to....well to be lazy if I have to be honest. I am cleaning the floors, albeit very slowly and in my own time.

judi, that is so surprising that you haven't had snow this year.

Well not much to report. We may have another snow day tomorrow, but by the weekend it should be in the 50's.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:37 AM   #54  

Unhappy No more dreams of Montana......

I used to have this fantasy of meeting a cowboy and living happily with him in our wonderful ranch house in Wyoming or Montana. I think all the Harlequin romances did something to my brain After the winter we've had this year, I definitely know that I don't want to live somewhere where there are long, cold winters!! Snow is pretty (the first two days), ice is just plain scary. I came in to work an hour late today and Tuesday, and didn't come in at all yesterday. The roads are so SLICK!!

So much for the weather. I've been counting my WW points since Monday. I'm doing pretty well, I think. I'm still lurking at the BfL forum, although I'm ashamed to post there . I really do think that is a great program, I'm just not ready to "cross the abyss" at this point in my life. Sigh.

I hope that everyone is doing well. Alice, I hope that you're enjoying your vacation. The thought of 80 degree weather makes me drool Ledom, hope things are well in central AR. Judy, great about the boyfriend going to classes w/your daughter!

Later,
Cheryl
Old 02-27-2003, 05:36 PM   #55  

Default its me

Hi! Well, I have been eating about 10 points over...not junk just more food. I have been drinking 8 -10 glasses of water a day for this last while. I do feel a lot better, I think I was going around dehydrated most of the time.

Ledom, are you still OFF of coke???

Cheryl, why are you so busy at this time of year?

Yes, it is strange that we have had no snow. They predicted some a couple of days ago but we didn't get any. Suits me fine!

I joined a spa downtown Vancouver. You get discounts on services. I had a manicure and it only cost $16.00. I might go for some of the "stress reliever" massages. I really don't have stress but a mini massage might be nice.

Are you lounging about in the sun Alice, drinking drinks with small umbrellas in them LUCKY LADY!!!

Gosh why doesn't that &*%$# Saddam go into EXILE and save us all a lot of hassle!!!! Apparently there are many prayer groups praying for that very thing.

I got to go ... the kitty keeps walking on my computer because he wants to sit on my desk and look out the window.

Have a good end of the week, everyone!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:22 PM   #56  

Angry Hi guys!

The weather is still holding in the 80's and I will take it as long as I can get it.

We celebrated our 31st wedding anniv. yesterday. We went to an Italian rest. that is our favorite..had appetizers through dessert. My eating hasn't been that good, but I am trying. We have started walking. There is a good sized loop we walk and it takes us 45 min. to complete. My pant-o-meter is doing fine.

judi, how is it going eating extra points? They figure 1 point = 50 cal. I'm thinking of eating extra points to make 1200-1500 cal. and see how it goes. I agree with you 100% about Saddam. What he has done to his own people is just horrid.

Cheryl, that's great counting your points is going well. Are you snowed in? I saw on the weather that you guys got some snow.

ledom, are you still cleaning up after the snow storm? Hope the weekend is warmer for you.

Take care, enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:56 AM   #57  
Chick

Default Hey everyone

Happy Anniversary Alice. Thirty-one years! Wow! Glad you got to visit one of your favorite restaurants.

judi, I AM still off diet coke. Every once in a while I think of having one, but no, I don't want to. I have already had enough for two lifetimes.

Ah, but I am struggling in other areas. I am keeping to the diet (though I admit not so strictly as in challenge 1), exercise has been even harder. I am not sure what to do with myself to regain motivation. I have about 3 weeks left in this challenge. After D's birthday, which is today, I plan to finish up strong, take a week off and get with it again. I know it is a matter of my mind being strong. I don't want to get into the habit of breaking my self promises. I am not going to dwell on my mistakes too much. I don't think that helps.

Well, the cowboy sounds nice Cheryl. But I know what you mean. We are finally going back to work today after 3 snow days. Alice, you'd laugh at us here but it has been treacherous w/ lots of ice more than snow which at least gives you a little traction.

Take care all.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:32 AM   #58  

Hey Ladies!

Alice, glad to hear that you are enjoying the weather. I'm so jealous! Actually, it felt nice outside here to me today--a balmy 36 degrees Congrats on the 31 years. You could have a scoop of ice cream from BR for every year of marriage.... Yum.

Ledom, it never helps us to dwell on our mistakes. Learn from them and move on. Dwelling depresses and makes what we're trying to do harder in the long run. JMO.

Judi (sorry about the "y"--don't know where that's been coming from!!), I am busy this time of year because I work in the Farm Loan Dept. of the USDA Farm Service Agency. From here until around mid-May, early June is when all of our farmers come in to get their operating money for the crop year. I am responsible for three different counties--taking the apps., entering them in the computer and getting them ready for the loan officer, or loan manager to approve. We are especially hectic THIS year, because Congress just passed the budget last week. We've been working under continuing resolutions since Oct. 1 of last year.

No news on the weight issue.

I agree about Sadam. I am ready for all of this mess to be over. I have the feeling things aren't going to end well for anyone involved. Ugh.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:52 AM   #59  
Chick

Hey Girls, Did you have a good weekend? I was very industrious, I cleaned and rearranged furniture in my bedroom. You might even say I started my Spring cleaning. Kind of gives me a new lease to have my space renewed. I am off to a good start with my diet week. Good healthy food cooked and in the fridge and I got my workouts in yesterday and today. I seem to remember from the last couple of years that when spring rolls around I have a hard time getting out of bed early enough to exercise. I wonder why that is? I am really going to try to break that habit this year.

Ya'll take care.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:38 AM   #60  

Default Monday

Good morning ladies!

Alice, way to go on your wedding anniversary! You two sound like you have such a lovely relationship. When are coming home?

My eating extra points is keeping me from being hungry but the scale hasn't moved for about 3 weeks. Well, Lent starts on this Wed. so I am not going to drink wine until after Easter and I am gong to go back to eating within in my pt. range and try to stay at the low end. I think I have to get more protein...maybe cottage cheese, I can't look at another can of salmon for awhile. I feel I have eaten a whole school of salmon myself since I added salmon to my diet. BLECHHH!

The Bay (a Canadian dept. store) downtown has all kinds of rack designer stuff. It is so WONDERFUL! It is expensive though...a blouse can be almost $300 bucks...but they do have good sales...I bought some Ralph Lauren pants for $58.00. It is just these last few years that you can get really nice clothes for big women. The XX size clothing is in a section of the store called "Above Average"...good marketing, eh? It does take the sting out of being bigger.

We went for crepes (our D and her boyfriend took us) yesterday, it was fun.

Marley is getting his hair done at the doggie dresser so I am on my own today. I will go for a walk. It is only 7:35a, here and the sky is already a bright blue.

Cheryl, your job does sound like it would keep you busy all right!!

Ledom, did you see that article (I think it was on msn) on pop was the reason we in the west are gaining so much weight. People drink it instead of water and not the diet kind either.

I have been doing good on my water consumption. I bought a nice bottle from Starbucks, to motivate myself.
Closed Thread