General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #1  
BAMA GIRL 1954

Default Which is best Atkins or South Beach?

Can anyone tell me which one of these diets are the best? Are could anyone tell me of another low carb diet that would be good to try? thanks Patricia
BAMA GIRL 1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I think most people on this board would tell you there is no "better" or "worse" diet. Some diets work better for some than others. It depends on the individual.

All diets are just different journeys with the same objective: eat fewer calories than your body burns every day.

For some people, taking the South Beach journey helps them stay on plan, for others its Atkins, for some it's just watching their carbs, for some it's calorie counting or Weight Watchers, etc. But ALL diets are just different sets of guidelines for reducing caloric intake.

There is a low carb board on this menu. Perhaps check out what other people have to say about SB, Atkins, and others. Then try out what you think works best for YOU.

Good luck!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #3  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing the Dukan Diet which is a very low carb and low fat diet. It's been great for me, every easy to stick with and I'm very pleased with the results.

It's pretty restrictive but somehow, that has made it easier for me to follow.

We've got a support thread here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...t-support.html if you want to read a little more or ask any questions.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm doing The Belly Fat Cure, which is a sorta-low-carb diet that is very restrictive on sugar. There is a thread under Other Reduced Carb Diets. Unlike Atkins or SB, it does not have phases.

I would say that you should research all of them and figure out what you think your best shot is - then stick with it. All low-carb diets operate on similar principles. Once you study several you could even make your own way - I have modified the BFC to make it a bit lower-carb and that seems to work for me.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #5  
it's always something

Which one is best is really which one is best for you Check out the menu plans and decide which ones you prefer and think you could stick with long term. It's a personal choice based on your individual tastes and lifestyle.

Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

While you're doing your research into these diets, you'll also find that Ideal Protein is a popular low-carb diet. I considered it for a while, but I don't think low carb is for me, personally. I find it too restrictive. I've lost all my weight, both times, with calorie counting. I recommend looking at a few different diets until you find one that fits you.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/207.5/165

Height: 5' 9"

I would look critically at any diet before going with it. For example, one person may be able to lose weight on the atkins, but it also might mess up their cholesterol levels. What are your personal goals (besides losing weight) and would a certain diet fit these goals? Also, if you try one diet that's not working out, don't be afraid to switch diets, or combine them within reason without falling off the wagon!

There is one thing all diets seem to have in common: a focus on purposeful, planned eating.
melstrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 78/71/55

Height: 5'6"

atkins! definitely atkins!
Mehai is offline   Reply With Quote