General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #1  

Default Juicing??

I bought a juicer yesterday. I would like to try to drink a juice a day, but possibly go on a short juice fast (10 days? Okay that doesn't sound so short...). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had experience with juicing.... is it a good tool to jump start weight loss? How many juices a day would I drink? Also... I don't need the very basics... I know a lot about nutrition, I guess my most important question would be how would this effect working out? Since I wouldn't be ingesting protein, how would my muscle building, energy, and whatnot hold up?

Also - if anyone has any good recipes they would like to share, please do!!!
macg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/185/160

Height: 5' 7'

I did my first juice fast in March for three days. It was CRAZY DIFFICULT and awesome at the same time. I eased into my fast with a few days of raw foods and eased out with a few days of raw foods which was also difficult but I recommend it. I really felt cleansed and renewed after the 8-9 days of this.

It helped with my weight loss by practicing mindfulness when eating. I felt like I was able to kind of restart... if that makes any sense. I drank as much juice as I wanted and tried not to drink too much fruit juice to avoid sugar spikes. It is also not recommended to do any strenuous physical activity while on a juice fast. Yoga and walking are probably the most intense you might want to go.

I lost 6 pounds on my fast but gained back 3 after consuming regular solid foods again. I did a ton of research before I started, so if you have any other specific questions let me know. GOOD LUCK! Message me if you need support throughout your fast, like I said they can be CRAZY
Jesscobedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It seems juicing is picking up due to the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly dead". Normally, I wouldn't point someone to another site but I think there is a lot of good information including 15 day meal plans where you build up to 5 days of juicing and then taper off for 5 days. The recipes include calorie and protein counts and there is a nutritionist where you can ask questions. The meal plans would give you between 40-60 grams of protein per day which is well within the RDA.

Http://jointhereboot.com

I'll also say I was quite skeptical about juicing until reading some of the information on that site.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote