General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #1  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

Default Best Meal Replacement Shake?

Hello. I searched the forum but didn't exactly find what I was looking for. I have a problem with just skipping break fast (sometimes lunch too) because of a bipolar disorder leaving me unmotivated. Of course not eating enough is just as bad as over eating on a diet. So I'm looking for something that I can honestly just open and drink/eat.

I read to stay away from Slimfast. What else would be good in and of itself, nothing added or changed. I know it sounds sad but sometimes I just don't care about getting up out of bed let alone eating. I know it would be cheaper to buy protein powder and make my own, but that's honestly just not an option sometimes.

So, any suggestions or advice would be super great. ^_^
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

EAS ready to drink shakes, you can get them at Sam's club and WalMart
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #3  
Set and determined...

Ok thank you!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #4  
Set and determined...

I found some at walmart but they were with the "muscle" building supplements. Are there different lines or are they all the same?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 306.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I use several different protein shakes to keep me on track. The key for me is high protein, low carb and low sugar. I use Nectar Sweets shakes-they come in fruit flavors as well as dessert flavors. I am able to find them in single serving packages at my grocery store. I also use NWW protein and EAS Low Carb protein which is probably the most widely available one. I don't like Slim Fast because it is full of sugar and has very low protein. Protein keeps you full and sugar spikes your blood sugar.
jnhu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #6  

I like to have the sugar free carnation instant breakfast packs on hand to mix into skim milk, or fat free Almond milk when I wake up too late to cook a breakfast. The chocolate is my favorite and it keeps me full until my scheduled morning snack and my blood sugar doesn't spike with it.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/172/158

I like the Jay Robb Whey protein. It comes in delicious flavors, including Orange Dream and Pina Colada. It mixes easily in water too. I've purchased it at GNC and my local grocery store. It makes a quick breakfast before work.
HoustonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #8  

Default protein drinks

I understand about using the ready to use protein drinks-they have helped me a great deal. After much searching...I have found EAS and muscle milk drinks and pure protein bars to be the highest protein and lowest carb that I can find in my town. Their are probably more online, but since I can pick these up at BJ's, I use these. Good luck and do what you have to to help yourself!
cinthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by easbrand View Post
bellamack, thanks for the reco! What flavor do your like? ~Brittany @EAS
I have tried strawberry & vanilla and I like both. Another poster talked about the *Pure Protein bars, they come in some fantastic flavors. You can purchase those at WalMart/Sams, Wegmans & Target. My husband uses both EAS & Pure Protein, along with a low salt balanced diet and has lost 30 lbs and he really looks great. 6'4" and now 208 lbs.

* These come in some great flavors like, Smores, Caramel Peanut Butter suprise, Choc Peanut Butter, etc. Hope you like them
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote