General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/136/120

Height: 5"7

Exclamation 5 lbs in a week? Is it possible (in a healthy way?)

Hi! Well first of all.. I just want to say I'm new here but I think I'm really going to like it!

Alright so, I have been watching my weight for the past year, but I have not seen any changes. Is that possible? Healthy eating, exercise every day or almost everyday. And I am feeling pretty disappointed. My parents are hosting a dinner party next Saturday And I want to see if maybe I could lose 5 pounds. Is that a reachable goal if I am doing it in a healthy way? Please help.. :
loonytoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/205/185

Height: 5'10"

If you have a lot of excess water weight then it is possible. When most people start a new diet they can lose 5 lbs in the first week. If you throw yourself into a regiment it could work. 3FC doesn't condone crash dieting or dangerous fad diets. There are forums here for many different specific diets. Find one that fits your life style. I also suggest investing in a food scale. I do what you do... eat healthy and exercise regularly. But I tend to eat more when I exercise. That counteracts any weight loss benefits I would have seen. I recently bought a food scale and started sticking to a weight loss plan and I am seeing promising results!
marheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Why do you want to lose 5 lbs in time for the dinner party? It's not like anyone can see lbs - only inches. That seems a rather arbitrary goal.

It must be very frustrating to think you're doing all the right things but not seeing any results. Are you keeping a food log and tracking your calories and macronutrients?

Also consider that you may already be at a healthy and comfortable weight for your body and that your healthy eating and exercise is simply maintaining that. Why do you want to reduce your weight? Perhaps you could change up your exercise routine - lift weights, if you aren't already - to build a little more muscle.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I think it would be very unlikely for you to lose that amount of weight in that amount of time, simply because you don't have as much to lose, and it gets harder as you go.

What kind of foods have you been eating? How much? A sample menu might help us better understand why you're stagnating. Have you noticed your clothes fitting looser? If so, it's probably because you're gaining muscle weight.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #5  

You might be able to. I know that on some low carb plans you lose weight during the first week very quickly. For example, I was on the 17 Day Diet for about a week, and from the fit of my clothes, I estimated that I had lost at least five pounds. There's a 17 DD group under the "General Diet Plans" forum.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

No changes?

When you say you've been watching, and exercising more... what does that mean?

What's your calorie intake? What types of foods have you been eating? What's your activity level? What types of exercises have you been doing?

Have you lost any inches? Did you take pictures to start? Any clothing feel looser?
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #7  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I CANNOT stress WEIGHT WATCHERS enough. I would lose 4-5 pounds every week in a healthy way on weight watchers. You eat whatever you want and get the nutrition you need and do it in a healthy way. If you really want to change your life, I would highly suggest finding a meeting in your area and trying one for free to see if you like it! It has been SUCH a huge motivating change in my life. It kick started my weight loss and motivates me every single day. It has changed my life in ways I could never imagine! I hope you reach your goal!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #8  
Helping you succeed!!

Generally 95% percent of the time if you cut all salt out of your diet you will lose pounds of water weight in a few days, which is a healthy way of losing water weight, but there is no way of losing much more than 2 pounds a week in a healthy way, meaning you will lose some muscle if your losing weight that fast. You want to keep the muscle because the muscle burns the fat.
PersonalTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #9  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

You are 14? Don't worry about the pounds! You are tall!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5

at your weight I think it's unlikely. Especially if you have been watching what you eat for a while. For long term though I'd suggest you sign up for lose it or the daily plate and figure out how many calories you can eat to lose a pound a week. Then increase the intensity of your workouts.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote