General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #46  

Good to hear from you Trish. All my kids but one SIL were here for my youngest DD's wedding 2 weeks ago. There are now 35 in our immediate family.......kids, spouses, grandkids and DH and I.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carolr WOW! That is a lot of people. I've cooked for that many family members in the past but that was my sisters and their families and friends of their children coming in to eat besides my own kids and grands.

I got chairs changed out. I've got my list of things I want to do before the kids get here. DH kept some boxes from when we moved here so I hopefully I will have enough for the things I need to pack up. I have to go get a perm tomorrow and will stop by the store to pick up some newspapers for packing. I have church brunch Saturday morning and want to check into having the store deli make up a fruit platter for me to take. I think I'm going to try my hand at an egg dish to take as well. I found one for making individual muffin size fratta type thing, but I think I'll make mine more like a casserole and let everyone dish out as much as they want.

I listen to a thing I got through Everyday Health on what is called The Diet Solution by Isabel De Los Rios. I went on their website and listened and got a lot of good info about how to eat and not count calories. This is by a woman/dietician who hates counting calories. Her theory is that it isn't the amount of calories as much as the quality of the calories. I'm not interested in buying her book/s because they can only be purchased through her site and I only saw them sold as a set and I don't want to spend that much money for any more books. Besides I think I got the idea of how to do it and it seems very much IE friendly. Eat whole foods like meat, fruit, veggies etc don't eat processed foods with chemicals. I just found it interesting that she seemed to think that if we eat more like this we most likely would lose weight and keep it off.

Better get busy. Will check back in when I can. Have a good day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #48  
300+ Chick

Hello all!

I used to post on this topic,on and off..and come to terms on not counting calories,points,etc. I am a stay at home caregiver and most days deal with family stress and not think much about food so much. All I need to do is stay busy.

I am focus more on fitness and eat healthy, common sense eating when am hungry. Simple is that!! I am starting to get bored on eating cakes/candies..and do love my fruits!!

I also ditch my scale for awhile, was a daily weigher and was not getting anywhere, weight goes down and up cycle and decided on being patient.

This method will be good for me and will do my best on posting on here more.

Enjoy your evening..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #49  

back Liliann. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Last edited by carolr3639; 07-13-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #50  
300+ Chick

Carol.. Thanks for the welcome and Thank you for keeping this thread going. Hoping more people will realize this method.

I weigh daily,and weighed this morning and will only weigh in once..and I lost 2 Lbs!! I noticed with this method, that I eat later in the mornings..usually eat around 7am. I wait and start eating my morning meal around 9-10 am.

I have Paul Mckenna book on quitting smoking, but end of the book, he has tips about eating when hungry and stop when being full. I am trying to go by the hunger scale and so far,,been satisfied.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #51  

I am reading Leslie Sansone's book, Eat Smart, Walk Strong. She says, "If we ate only when we were really and truly hungry, and stopped eating when we were full, weight control would not be a problem."

Last edited by carolr3639; 07-14-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #52  
300+ Chick

I did not know Leslie Sanone has a book out..Have her walking videos..but that makes sense!

As I recall from past dieticans..they gave me a print out sheet of a hunger scale, and never gave my all.,,Always fallen into the "dieting game" mindset and last year recycled all my dieting books. The only 2 diet plans that I had been on was Richard Simmons Deal a meal back in the 80s and Slim Fast shakes in the 90s..but regained it back. I have to learn on not getting back into that dieting game world/mindset.

Enjoy your evening!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #53  

Liliann Glad to have you back. I lost weight on the Richard Simmon's Deal a Meal years ago but gained a lot of it back. I also lost weight on the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet a few years ago, but got off in 2007 when we moved to SC and gained a lot of the weight back and been bouncing around since then.

Carolr I seem to remember seeing Leslie Sansone's book in Costco several months ago, but I have so many diet books I didn't get it. I totally agree with her. I am eating more low carb but not an actual diet. I'm not counting calories or carbs; just following the IE rules we learned long ago eat when hungry, eat what I really want and like, savor every bite and stop when I'm satisfied. Still having problem with knowing when to stop, I am only eating when hungry and I'm finding I am eating less.

One thing I'm doing too is that I don't eat breakfast until I'm ready. If I'm hungry I eat it, but if I'm not hungry when I first get up then my breakfast becomes brunch later in the morning. I may eat a full breakfast or I may just have fruit and coffee. I am happy to say that IE is suddenly working for me. I feel so free not to have any calorie or carb counting I no longer find myself at the end of each day with calories or carbs that I have to eat to get them into the date. The freedom I'm finding with IE is fantastic. I sure want to be a good example of IE to my grandkids when they come to live with us.

DD is going to work an extra Monday for her boss so her co-worker can have her vacation so they probably will be here 2 weeks from today. Gives a day or 2 more to get things done here. Amazing thing is I met a lady today at the beauty shop who is the music teacher in the elementary school my youngest GD will be attending. She is a very nice lady.

Guess I better head for bed. It is after 1 am. So I guess all those things I shared about the kids were for yesterday.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #54  

Quote:
I am happy to say that IE is suddenly working for me. I feel so free not to have any calorie or carb counting I no longer find myself at the end of each day with calories or carbs that I have to eat to get them into the date. The freedom I'm finding with IE is fantastic. I sure want to be a good example of IE to my grandkids when they come to live with us.
This is such good news.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #55  
300+ Chick

Trish... Glad to hear IE is working for you!! Keep up the great work!! Thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #56  

Did a 5 mile WATP before breakfast this morning. I think it is easier to do that way. I was less tired at the end.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #57  
300+ Chick

Great job on the 5 WATP miles!,Carol..Great job!!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #58  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello all!

Lilian!
Hubby and I had our weekly weigh in this morning. I am down 2 pounds and he is down 3/4 of a pound!

Have a blessed evening.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #59  
300+ Chick

Great job CC and to your hubby..What a team work both of you doing!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #60  

I am actually eating more Atkins Induction right now although I didn't plan it. It just seems to be what I'm hungry for although I still only eat only when I feel hungry and I don't eat when I'm not hungry. I am absolutely amazed at how little I'm eating and how satisfied I feel. Just curious if anyone else eating IE has found that once they were free to eat what they wanted that they ended up eating the way they had tried eating when dieting. Low carb has so many benefits for diabetics or at least it does for me. I find it interesting that I struggled trying to get back to eating low carb, but when I decided to quit dieting and just eat what I want when hungry and only eat till satisfied that what I'm wanting to eat is low carb. I guess that proves that the body knows what it needs if we will just pay attention and listen.