General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default looking for a buddy for The super skinny grapefruit and egg diet plus

any takers? I downloaded this book a few weeks ago, its only 14 days so it's not a long term plan but a great way to boost your weightloss before the 4th of july. Per the book you could lose up to 25 lbs in two weeks but honestly I'm sure that may be the case for the super obese but probably not for me. Anyway, if anyone would like to join me I could use the support. I'll keep a thread going for my progress.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #2  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Spryng - I'm looking to jump start my weight loss - I have been static now for 2 weeks, gaining and losing the same 2 pounds.
I'm going to join you in the grapefruit egg diet for 14 days starting tomorrow (or whenever you start). I'll post my progress here.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #3  
Struggling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaithsandy View Post
Please share the book. So that i can also join you guys.
I downloaded the book but I don't know how to share it. It's 3.99 in the Kindle store.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #4  

I'm so excited! Thanks so much Darius!!! I do so much better when I have a buddy for sure
Kaithsandy, yeah I believe the book is in eformat only, I downloaded mine on my nook but amazon has it and other sites as well so it's a quick 60 sec downloaded and the book is very short and the menus are easy to follow.
Right now I'm enjoying my 1/2 grapefruit and tea for breakfast. I am really excited about tomorrow, my very first juice!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #5  

How did your first day go Darius?

My day was good! I had a headache earlier, probably from the lack of caffeine I'm used to. I drank tea like it said I can have but I don't think tea has very much caffeine in it which is fine, I need to cut back anyway. I've been way too dependant on energy drinks and diet sodas so the tea is a refreshing change for sure.
Lunch was 1/2 grapefruit and 1 boiled egg in my salad and it says you can have any dressing so I used a sweet and spicy light french dressing and it was sooo good! Dinner was two boiled eggs in my salad, same dressing, 1 slice of whole wheat bread and 1/2 grapefruit. It was actually pretty filling. I'm just drinking water the rest of tonight. So all in all a sucessful first day, I am so excited about my first juice day tomorrow. I've never done just juice so I can't wait to try out my new juicer and not have to cook etc all day, just enjoy my apple, grape, cranberry juice
I'll check back in tomorrow, if anyone is interested in joining please feel free!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #6  
Struggling Member

It's Tuesday morning here and I started day 1 of the program. Me too, I look forward to first juice day tomorrow. I don't have a juice extractor (never heard of one) so I'm going to improvise somehow...I think on my juice days I will drink unsweetened fruit juice and green tea (separately of course).
BTW, my mom's family is from Arkansas - pike county and montgomery county area. The last time I was there was 2 years ago.

Day....Weight
----------------------
Old 06-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #7  
Struggling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
How did your first day go Darius?
Hi Spryng - I started 1 day after you, and I am 14 hours ahead of you, so it is Tuesday morning here, and I started Day 1 of the program today. It's 7:36 AM and I have been up for 1.5 hours but I haven't eaten yet. I am going to go out and do my C25K soon. I will post more results tomorrow...

Day....Weight
----------------------
Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #8  

oh ok no problem! I can't wait to hear how your day goes
Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #9  
Struggling Member

Ok I just finished day 1. It's 7 PM and I am through eating for the day.

I skipped breakfast and had about 3 cups of coffee, and did my C25K run/walk.

Lunch: I moved my bread allotment from dinner to lunch because today I wanted a bigger lunch and lighter dinner. So for lunch I had 2 eggs cooked together with 2 slices of bread "egg in a basket" prepared with about 1 tbs olive oil, and 1 half grapefruit. No salad. Cold mugicha (unsweetened wheat tea) to drink.

Dinner: 1 scrambled egg prepared with about 1 tsp olive oil, 1 half grapefruit, and a bunch of cold watermelon cubes (about 1/2 a small japanese watermelon). Mugicha to drink.

I was sort of off-plan (on-plan eggs can only be boiled or poached), but overall I did very well with no snacking and I felt full after both lunch and dinner. I will be a lot hungrier the day after tomorrow (day 3) and I am sure I will eat my salad allotments and protein allotments.

I look forward to the juice day tomorrow (day 2).

Day....Weight (morning)
----------------------
Old 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #10  

Morning!
ok I peeked at the scale this morning and I'm already down 2.2 lbs, woo hoo! today is my juice day, I just finished up juicing 6 red apples, 4 cups of green grapes, 4 cups of red grapes and 1 cup cranberries and it's so good!!! I had to add some water to dilute it or it was just too sweet but now it's perfect. It made enough to give me 3 large glasses, so 3 meals. I can't wait to see how my body reacts to it and what the scale shows tomorrow.

Darius, yes your meals sound pretty good. I would encourage you not to skip your grapefruit at each meal especially breakfast because it really wakes up your metabolism and helps shed fat. Don't tweak the program too much or you may not get the weightloss you are looking for but it's still very healthy and sounds satisfying for sure I'm usually bad about tweaking a menu until it's no longer the same diet so I am just sticking to the menu 100% this time. There are no reviews out there on this plan so I want to be able to write some but only if I do the program as written. But keep up the good work buddy!!

I'll post later about how my juice day went, have a good one!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #11  

ok this plan is much harder than I thought it would be. I guess I'm not cut out for a whole juice day, even after my juice for lunch I was shaking with hunger, my sugar levels plumetted and I just felt horrible so I had to get some real food in me to get back in balance. I feel horrible for needing to do that but I can't shake at work, LOL
I may have to modify this as well Darius, I think you had the right idea. Maybe there are no reviews of this diet because no one has been able to successfully do it because maybe it's not reasonable?? LOL I'm definitely thinking twice about it now. hmmmm...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #12  
Struggling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
Darius, yes your meals sound pretty good. I would encourage you not to skip your grapefruit at each meal especially breakfast because it really wakes up your metabolism and helps shed fat. Don't tweak the program too much or you may not get the weightloss you are looking for but it's still very healthy and sounds satisfying for sure
That's good advice Spryng. I don't plan to skip any more grapefruit breakfasts (yesterday was just unusual). Also you're right; I can't keep modifying the diet because then it won't be the same diet. I am going to stick to the diet except for the juice days - I will be drinking just plain grape juice, apple juice, and grapefruit juice and water because I don't have a juicer; but I really think I'll be OK.

About your juice day - Really, anyone should be able to pull through 24 hours of a juice fast without problems. If you are getting the shakes and very uncomfortable, then you have low blood sugar or something and I really think you should attack that immediately and eat something. I think we are going to do very well in this plan.

I'm down 2 pounds this morning, probably a delayed reaction from all of the exercise and dieting I did over the weekend, and plus it turned hotter here.

Day....Weight
----------------------
2...J.......279
4...J.......
Old 06-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #13  
Struggling Member

Well let me add something - when I said "Really, anyone should be able to pull through 24 hours of a juice fast without problems."
I didn't mean it to sound like "anyone can do it, and if you can't, it means you are a failure.."
What I meant was, a 24 hour juice fast isn't that hard on a person (easy for me to say) so if you are getting the shakes you should definitely eat something. You might have chronic low blood sugar or something (my mom does) and maybe 24 juice fasts aren't right for you.
Like you said, you can't shake at work. I telecommute daily so I have a lot of freedom to react to any weird situations that may occur with my diet.

Today is my juice day (It's 6:09 AM here) so we'll see how I do.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #14  
Struggling Member

Well I am at the end of my first juice day. I was pretty hungry all day long. It's a good thing I telecommute because I don't think I could work a whole day at a real job without eating anything. I felt pretty weak sometimes today even though I did do my C25K this morning. I look forward to eating something tomorrow.

Day....Weight
----------------------
2...J.......279
4...J.......
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #15  

Morning!
thank you for your words of encouragement Darius!! It really did help me. And I think you are right, I've been showing signs and symptoms of pre-diabetes/hypoglycemic I was hoping losing more weight things would balance out. But yeah on my juice days I may have to include some protein at least at lunch. Yesterday I had a little chicken after my juice lunch when I was shaking and it really helped me. I was able to just have juice for dinner with no shakes so I guess I needed just some protein with lunch. But I made it through and still lost another .8 lbs for a total of 3 lbs in 2 days, not too shabby I'm very proud of myself because during that shaking and just feeling horrible yesterday I thought hard about quitting.. but I pulled through and I'm so glad I did!
So today is back to real food, two boiled eggs for breakfast and my 1/2 grapefuit. Very good and filling!