excess fliud on ankles

• Hello everyone! I need to get serious about healthy eating and exercising, so looking for suggestions for summer . Also question about exercising with swollen ankles, What is the best exercises and how can I reduce the swelling?I asked my family doctor why my ankles look like those fish with bubble eyes? He said its because I have excess fliud deposit there. I already take a water pill and meds to prevent gout what else can I do? I'm usually up in the morning for about an hour and they start bothering me. I'm about 60lbs overweight and I know that doesn't help . Any suggestions ?
  • This may sound strange, but drink more water and watch sodium like a hawk. I can always tell when I'm not drinking enough plain water because my ankles swell. As long as I am hydrated, no swelling. I also do not use salt and make my food from scratch since there is a lot of hidden sodium in processed foods.
  • I actually had swollen ankles from sitting too long. I started drinking more water and walking regularly each day and I haven't had a problem in almost two months now. Losing weight hasn't hurt my cause, either.
  • Yes, more water and walking, less sodium. I used to get super puffy ankles and now hardly at all. My hands have shrunk too... down 2 ring sizes (I will attribute 1 to the swelling and 1 to the 30 lbs)
  • Like everyone else is saying, less sodium, more water, and try to have potassium-rich foods. Your body needs potassium to help pump out sodium in protein channels, so a lack of potassium leads to bloating.

good luck!