General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #1  

Default Frustrated over baby weight. Can someone help with calorie deficincey????

I gained over 85lbs during my pregnancy..11 months later I am 40lbs down but it wont budge from here! I am female, 5ft3 and 180lbs. I walk on a treadmill 30 mins every morning at 3.5mph alternating inclines and sprints. I also bike while towing my daughter behind me in a tent trailer anywhere from 30-60mins every evening. Can someone tell me how many calories I should be eating as well as burning each day to lose 2-3lbs per week?

Thank you kindly!
roemerrach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Do you know how much you are eating now?

I think eating 1300-1400 calories should be a good starting point. As for burning at 180 theoretically you are burning at least 1800 calories a day. If you weren't exercising but only eating 1300-1400 a day then that'd be at least 1 lbs a week. Considering the exercise you are doing I'd say that you can lose 2-3 lbs a week this way.

Don't get too low on your calories and make sure a majority come from lean proteins, vegetables, and whole grains. Try to eat as little processed food as possible.

If you don't lose any weight after 2 weeks at 1300-1400 calories change to 1500-1600 calories because you might be eating too little.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote