Detoxing

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • O.K I wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to detox themselves. This detoxes goal is not to lose weight. I wanted to go on an organic raw fruit and vegetable fast for three days and then using an enema/laxatives to clean out my system (or use the enema first).

Please keep in mind that this is not simply a weight loss tactic. I am aware that I can not keep eating like this and that I can not always use enemas. I just simply want to help myself to become healthier.

Thank you! Please share stories and thoughts, whether it be negative or positive. Thank you!!
  • Why do you think you need to "detox" ?
  • Quote: Why do you think you need to "detox" ?
    Because I have been feeling extremely sluggish, and tired for a while now. I want to feel more energized. I know that your body has a way of cleaning itself, but this may make me feel good. Thank you for your reply! So I take that you do not agree with it?
  • In my opinion "detoxing" is a waste of ones time. Any good feeling you get from it is most likely placebo.
  • Quote: In my opinion "detoxing" is a waste of ones time. Any good feeling you get from it is most likely placebo.
    Alright then I won't do it. Thank you! I just wanted some one's opinion on this whole thing because I'm basically just going into it blindly. Thank you
  • Yes, I have and it works great. I think a detox is in order if you are feeling tired, sluggish, slowed bowel movements, etc etc.

If your bowels are sluggish and your system is not getting all the nutrients it needs from your food, then I feel a detox is in order. Going on fruit and veggies for a few days is fine. I have done it. Gives your digestive system a break.. Then when you go back to eating regular, just make sure you are adding back good quality food and see how you feel.

My coach had me do just that before I started bodybuilding a few years ago. I felt fine..

Day 1 I did soft proteins and carbs... so soft protein -- basically tuna, egg whites... My soft carb was sweet potato... I would have 4 -5 meals with a protein carb combo and leafy green

Day 2 - I ate all the veggie and fruit I wanted... Drink a few protein shakes throughout the day.

Day 3 - the fruits and veggies had to be blended.... Drank smoothies every 2.5- 3 hours.. Still had a couple protein shakes

Day 4 was like day 3

Day 5 was day 2

Day 6 was day 1

But you could do a much shorter version.. As you said.. Just do fruit and veggies for a few days and that's fine too.

No, I never felt hungry because I was taking in calories. Yes, I loss weight but it wasn't for weightloss..

Good luck on whatever you decide!
  • Quote: Yes, I have and it works great. I think a detox is in order if you are feeling tired, sluggish, slowed bowel movements, etc etc.

If your bowels are sluggish and your system is not getting all the nutrients it needs from your food, then I feel a detox is in order. Going on fruit and veggies for a few days is fine. I have done it. Gives your digestive system a break.. Then when you go back to eating regular, just make sure you are adding back good quality food and see how you feel.

My coach had me do just that before I started bodybuilding a few years ago. I felt fine..

Day 1 I did soft proteins and carbs... so soft protein -- basically tuna, egg whites... My soft carb was sweet potato... I would have 4 -5 meals with a protein carb combo and leafy green

Day 2 - I ate all the veggie and fruit I wanted... Drink a few protein shakes throughout the day.

Day 3 - the fruits and veggies had to be blended.... Drank smoothies every 2.5- 3 hours.. Still had a couple protein shakes

Day 4 was like day 3

Day 5 was day 2

Day 6 was day 1

But you could do a much shorter version.. As you said.. Just do fruit and veggies for a few days and that's fine too.

No, I never felt hungry because I was taking in calories. Yes, I loss weight but it wasn't for weightloss..

Good luck on whatever you decide!
    Ohhh! That sounds great! I saw some of your threads that you've posted before, and I decided that I'm going to do just phase one of the fat smash diet thing, because it looks like a cleanse. Then I'm going to get back into my weight watchers! Thanks!!
  • No problem!!!

And yes.. fat smash 9 day detox is pretty good as well

Let me know how it works out for ya!
  • There's absolutely zero evidence to support detox or colon cleansing diets.

If someone can supply a study that shows lab results of "toxins" prior to "cleansing" followed by labs showing the absence of said "toxins", I'll be very pleased to read it.

Consider this: Humans have been on earth for a very long time. If we really did need to detox, humans probably never would have survived. If you have ever looked into people who are really old and what their habits are I haven't read one that mentioned a regular detox of their bodies. (I do remember reading about a woman in India who was 108, in great health, who attributed her longevity to smoking mary jane every day.)
  • Quote: No problem!!!

And yes.. fat smash 9 day detox is pretty good as well

Let me know how it works out for ya!
    Lol thank you, But I'm still on the fence about whether or not to do it! If I do I'll let you know! Thank you so much for your opinion!
  • Quote: There's absolutely zero evidence to support detox or colon cleansing diets.

If someone can supply a study that shows lab results of "toxins" prior to "cleansing" followed by labs showing the absence of said "toxins", I'll be very pleased to read it.

Consider this: Humans have been on earth for a very long time. If we really did need to detox, humans probably never would have survived. If you have ever looked into people who are really old and what their habits are I haven't read one that mentioned a regular detox of their bodies. (I do remember reading about a woman in India who was 108, in great health, who attributed her longevity to smoking mary jane every day.)
    I totally agree with you on that one to be honest. I'm sure this whole detox concept is foreign to some, and yes I will be the first one to say that our bodies don't need to detox. That is just how we are, we naturally cleanse ourselves daily. What I wanted to do was kind of speed the process along?

Thank you so much John P. for your opinion! I like having both sides of an argument. I'm still on the fence about this whole thing, but thank you!
  • No matter what, just do what you feel is best for your body and health.
  • Quote: No matter what, just do what you feel is best for your body and health.
    Thank you! You too!
  • I lasted all of two hours the only time I ever tried a detox...that was last week! I feel like it's because I wasn't answerable to anyone. Are any of you living in Berne? I hear there's a once a week support group at Fassbind City Hotel but would like to go with someone I "know" as I'm new here (there?! I just confused myself!).
    Or maybe I'll just steel myself and try it again.
  • Quote: I lasted all of two hours the only time I ever tried a detox...that was last week! I feel like it's because I wasn't answerable to anyone. Are any of you living in Berne? I hear there's a once a week support group at Fassbind City Hotel but would like to go with someone I "know" as I'm new here (there?! I just confused myself!).
    Or maybe I'll just steel myself and try it again.
    Sorry you did not last long! You'll get there I promise! Nope I live in Miami lol! Try again!! I'm sure you can do it!