General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #466  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I took my family to Disney World for a quick weekend trip. I was really good eating the entire weekend. I was very impressed with the variety of healthy foods that Disney now has on their menus -- even the walk-up quick service places. It used to be that the only things you could get at those places were things like burgers, hot dogs, pizza, fried chicken, etc. Now they have salads, grilled chicken, veggies, etc. Once place even had a hummus sandwich! My only over-indulgence was having a roasted pork shank (kinda the same concept as the turkey leg) in the new Fantasyland. I know that I OD'd on sodium because my wedding ring, which was getting lose, suddenly felt the same way as it did before my weight loss. But even with that I weighed in at my all time lowest weight this morning - 290.5 I'm SO CLOSE to breaking out of the 290s where I have been stuck for the past month! I am hoping that will happen in the next day or so after I shed the excess water weight.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #467  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdshelton View Post
I agree. The Wonderslim pill is spot on the same as that herbal supplement they sell for $120ish at the QWLC clinics.
I have been meaning to ask those of you who actually go to QWLC if those supplements help you. I have never taken the hoodia or the carb blockers. I know its really impossible to tell if carb blockers work, but what about the hoodia? Do you notice a difference in your appetite? (That's what hoodia is for, right?)
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #468  
vdshelton

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I have been meaning to ask those of you who actually go to QWLC if those supplements help you. I have never taken the hoodia or the carb blockers. I know its really impossible to tell if carb blockers work, but what about the hoodia? Do you notice a difference in your appetite? (That's what hoodia is for, right?)
To me, the hoodia ones help control my appetite, but I only take half the recommended dose otherwise I'll get jittery. As for the carb blockers, I agree with you - who knows if they're working. With that being said, I don't ever take the carb blockers and couldn't tell a difference with or without them. I tried the Wonderslim Zhi Shi Trim and it had the same feeling as the ones from QWLC (for about $115 less). I only take one a day and it controls my appetite throughout my work day - possibly part of my not eating enough plateau problem. I just eat a full breakfast in the AM and make it home around 5 pm without feeling starved.

I believe the recommended dose is 2 before breakfast, 2 before lunch, and one before dinner with a full glass of water. I've tried taking two before breakfast but it makes me feel all wired.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #469  
vdshelton

Quote:
I took my family to Disney World for a quick weekend trip. I was really good eating the entire weekend. I was very impressed with the variety of healthy foods that Disney now has on their menus -- even the walk-up quick service places. It used to be that the only things you could get at those places were things like burgers, hot dogs, pizza, fried chicken, etc. Now they have salads, grilled chicken, veggies, etc. Once place even had a hummus sandwich! My only over-indulgence was having a roasted pork shank (kinda the same concept as the turkey leg) in the new Fantasyland. I know that I OD'd on sodium because my wedding ring, which was getting lose, suddenly felt the same way as it did before my weight loss. But even with that I weighed in at my all time lowest weight this morning - 290.5 I'm SO CLOSE to breaking out of the 290s where I have been stuck for the past month! I am hoping that will happen in the next day or so after I shed the excess water weight.
Wahooooo! Good job!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #470  
Angela

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi, everyone. I am glad this thread is still here. I need to get back on QWLC diet. I used to post in this thread last summer and I think I'll come back to get a little motivation back.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #471  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninItaly View Post
Hi, everyone. I am glad this thread is still here. I need to get back on QWLC diet. I used to post in this thread last summer and I think I'll come back to get a little motivation back.
Hi, welcome back to the forum!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 218/215/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile quick weight loss

Hi everyone . Just started today. Was on the plan 3 yrs ago did very well. I didnt goto the center, somdone was getting rid of their supplements and a friend gave me a copy of the food list. I dont have any of the information anymore. I bought the pure protei n bars and I did buy the snacks at family bariatric online. Can someone help me out with the information?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #473  
Angela

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, vdshelton for the welcome back! I see you are from Houston. I live (lived) in Klein and went to the QWLC across from Willowbrook a few (well 5!) years ago. My house is still there but I'm an expat in Italy for now.

oh1963, I'm happy to help you with the diet info. I don't see an option where I can send you a private message though. It may be because you just joined. If you give me your email, I'll send you some stuff that I have scanned from the program materials.

Last edited by TexaninItaly; 03-19-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #474  
Joe

Hi Oh1963 and Angela. Welcome ... and welcome back. I also have a scanned copy of the materials. The only thing I don't have is info on the prep phase.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #475  
Joe

I am very happy today. One week ago I wrote how I was stuck in a rut maintaining the same weight (about 295) for several weeks. I re-did my prep phase and rededicated myself to cut out the bad habit I have of having late night snacks. (I had substituted my past junk food for healthy and/or low calorie snacks, but that was causing my weight loss to stall.) Well, I am happy to report that as of this morning - one week later - I weighed in at 288.5. So, I am down 6 pounds from last week. It just goes to show how easy it is to slip in dieting. Even though I was good the overwhelming majority of the time, those little indulgences here and there started to become bad habits again. This is why I must weight myself every day. I know that would drive some people batty, but I use the info constructively... to make changes to correct my bad habits. I don't let it discourage me and trigger a binge. I just pray that continues!

I also had a couple of NSVs. I bought a couple pairs of size 42 jeans that I really liked at Walmart a few weeks ago. I knew they wouldn't fit me just yet. But I tried them on to see how far away I was from getting into them. To my surprise, they buttoned, but were uncomfortably tight. So I bought them, knowing I would soon be able to wear them. Well, this morning I decided to try them on because my 48s are WAY too big and my 46s are in the wash. (I refuse to buy 44s because I am cheap and don't want to buy jeans every time I go down one size). Anyway, I tried them on this morning just for kicks AND THEY FIT! Not only that, when I put my new belt on (that I bought a few months ago to replace my old belt), I was on the very last belt hole! So, I will be needing a new belt soon too.

My other NSV is that my feet are pain-free after walking around Disney World for two days straight (with a small child on my shoulders for part of that walking). In the past when I was heavier, my feet would hurt so bad the next morning after walking so much that I literally would not be able to walk for several minutes after waking up. I would hobble around for a few days. But now, they feel fine! I am looking forward to how good I will feel as I lose the remaining 68 pounds.

Anyway, you can probably tell from the tone of my post that I am beyond thrilled. It has really motivated me to stay good with my eating habits. Now if I could only get my butt moving and do some exercise to get my flabby butt into shape!

Last edited by joefla70; 03-19-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #476  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1963 View Post
Hi everyone . Just started today. Was on the plan 3 yrs ago did very well. I didnt goto the center, somdone was getting rid of their supplements and a friend gave me a copy of the food list. I dont have any of the information anymore. I bought the pure protei n bars and I did buy the snacks at family bariatric online. Can someone help me out with the information?
I have a scanned copy of the food list and all the QWLC information that Joe has sent me via email. Send me a private message with your email and I will forward it to you.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #477  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninItaly View Post
Thanks, vdshelton for the welcome back! I see you are from Houston. I live (lived) in Klein and went to the QWLC across from Willowbrook a few (well 5!) years ago. My house is still there but I'm an expat in Italy for now.

oh1963, I'm happy to help you with the diet info. I don't see an option where I can send you a private message though. It may be because you just joined. If you give me your email, I'll send you some stuff that I have scanned from the program materials.
Oh awesome! I used to go to the center off of 45 south, approaching Pearland. It's since closed down (as many of them have).
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #478  
vdshelton

Quote:
I am very happy today. One week ago I wrote how I was stuck in a rut maintaining the same weight (about 295) for several weeks. I re-did my prep phase and rededicated myself to cut out the bad habit I have of having late night snacks. (I had substituted my past junk food for healthy and/or low calorie snacks, but that was causing my weight loss to stall.) Well, I am happy to report that as of this morning - one week later - I weighed in at 288.5. So, I am down 6 pounds from last week. It just goes to show how easy it is to slip in dieting. Even though I was good the overwhelming majority of the time, those little indulgences here and there started to become bad habits again. This is why I must weight myself every day. I know that would drive some people batty, but I use the info constructively... to make changes to correct my bad habits. I don't let it discourage me and trigger a binge. I just pray that continues!

I also had a couple of NSVs. I bought a couple pairs of size 42 jeans that I really liked at Walmart a few weeks ago. I knew they wouldn't fit me just yet. But I tried them on to see how far away I was from getting into them. To my surprise, they buttoned, but were uncomfortably tight. So I bought them, knowing I would soon be able to wear them. Well, this morning I decided to try them on because my 48s are WAY too big and my 46s are in the wash. (I refuse to buy 44s because I am cheap and don't want to buy jeans every time I go down one size). Anyway, I tried them on this morning just for kicks AND THEY FIT! Not only that, when I put my new belt on (that I bought a few months ago to replace my old belt), I was on the very last belt hole! So, I will be needing a new belt soon too.

My other NSV is that my feet are pain-free after walking around Disney World for two days straight (with a small child on my shoulders for part of that walking). In the past when I was heavier, my feet would hurt so bad the next morning after walking so much that I literally would not be able to walk for several minutes after waking up. I would hobble around for a few days. But now, they feel fine! I am looking forward to how good I will feel as I lose the remaining 68 pounds.

Anyway, you can probably tell from the tone of my post that I am beyond thrilled. It has really motivated me to stay good with my eating habits. Now if I could only get my butt moving and do some exercise to get my flabby butt into shape!
Great job Joe!!!

I feel the same exact way about weighing myself. I actually do it twice a day, one time first thing in the morning and then once a few hours before bed (I try to stop eating after 7 pm so by the time I do my nightly weigh-in, it's been about 3-4 hours since I've eaten anything). I find that it's my motivator to not snack late, not slip up in between meals, and that everything you put in your body counts.

Side note: Do any of you watch the Biggest Loser on NBC? Anyone see the season finale last night?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #479  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdshelton View Post
Great job Joe!!!

I feel the same exact way about weighing myself. I actually do it twice a day, one time first thing in the morning and then once a few hours before bed (I try to stop eating after 7 pm so by the time I do my nightly weigh-in, it's been about 3-4 hours since I've eaten anything). I find that it's my motivator to not snack late, not slip up in between meals, and that everything you put in your body counts.
Thanks, Vdshelton!

I think I am even more obsessed than you with weighing. When I said I weigh myself every day, I didn't mean one time. LOL! I probably get on the scale 4 - 6 times a day during a typical work day. I weigh myself when I wake up (after I use the bathroom, or course). I sometimes I weigh myself again after I take a shower and finish getting ready. Then, after being at work all day, I weigh myself when I get home and get (mostly) undressed. Then I weigh myself before I go to bed. Sometimes, when I am really obsessed, I'll weigh myself after each time that I go to the bathroom from the time I get home until I go to bed. I used to do that more when I first started on my diet, but I don't do it much anymore because I kinda already know how much water weight I will lose during all of those time periods.

Like you, I also use it as motivation. Unfortunately, there have been a few times -- strangely enough - where I have used it as justification for letting myself have a snack. For instance, if I get on the scale and I'm a little bit lighter than I expected to be, I might let myself eat more of a snack or have an additional (different) snack. Over the past few weeks I was really bad doing this almost every night. Now that I stopped doing that, I have got back on track. This is what scares me about maintenance. I know - from my past bad habits - what I am capable of. I fear slipping back into them. Well, maybe "fear" isn't the right word. Its in the back of my mind that I have lost weight before and eventually gained it back. I am hopeful that this time things will be different. I know that is how it must be.

Last edited by joefla70; 03-19-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 218/215/150

Height: 5'4"

Never blogged before, so tried to send info I dont know how to use pm system I added people to buddy list but stuck help
Closed Thread