Anyone tried the carb lovers diet?

• I bought the book as endorsed by Rachel Ray on her show, thinking of starting it but would like some input if anyones tried it???
  • I posted nearly this same question a couple weeks ago I've been using the principles outlined in the book along with calorie counting for about the last month. I've lost 10 pounds. I didn't do the menu plan they outline, but simply added eating the resistant starch foods to my plan of eating between 1300 & 1500 calories a day. I do believe that the resistant starch foods (mostly bananas and whole grains for me) are keeping me from being as hungry between meals and I'm not having cravings like I was before.

That being said, a lot of what's in the book is what I had been doing before, but I've especially been focusing on getting the resistant starch foods in and it seems to have broken the stall I've been on for a while.

You really need to like bananas, slightly green, to be able to get the recommended daily amount of the resistant starch, which is not a problem for me. I put them in my oatmeal or cereal, or just eat one with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it. Due to MS, I have to make sure I get enough prunes and fluids to prevent the constipation that bananas can cause, though (sorry if that's tmi).

Overall, I'm liking the plan. Let me know how you do-I'm curious about other's results. Best wishes