3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   I'm Confused (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/223775-im-confused.html)

robynlmac 01-26-2011 04:52 PM

I'm Confused

I came on here to see if there may any topics from anyone who used HCG drops for weight loss. When I couldn't find any I saw the sticky that says you do not support them, yet there is more than one HCG advertiser on here proting the sale of HCG products.

So you can allow them to advertise and we can click their links, but we are not allow to ask if these products have worked for anyone? That seems a bit odd to me.

Just because something does not have FDA approval does not mean it is not trustworth, look at vitamins and aspirin. People have used these for generations with great success.

I am not a sales person for HCG in any way. Just a fat old lady who nothing has worked for, not even following the doctor perscribed diet with his B-12 injections weekly and taking Phentrimine. I lost 5 pounds in 5 months and felt horrible.

I just think it may be nice to at least have it so that it can be a topic for discussion so others can truely read the results and effects of using this method. Does is really work. Was it unhealthy for you? That sort of stuff.

I am sure I may not be the only other person who at least would like to hear (real success or horror stories) from someone and knowing it isn't coming from a paid advertised site.

Thanks for letting me vent my furstration on this matter.

Robyn

nelie 01-26-2011 04:58 PM

I can understand your frustration and we have removed ads as we have found them for HCG. Unfortunately, we don't pick the ads but we can remove the ads that don't mesh with our philosophy. Diets involving HCG utilize an unsafe calorie allotment and thus aren't supported by the site. That is why we don't want them discussed.

And from my understanding, HCG is a managed prescription, approved for specific uses. It is FDA approved for those uses. It would be like prescribing blood pressure medicine for acne. The reason it isn't FDA approved for weight loss is because the weight loss studies done haven't shown that it is effective for weight loss.

Suzanne 3FC 01-26-2011 05:25 PM

The site is not intentionally or specifically accepting advertising from HCG products. The site uses "Google Adsense" ads which simply display ads based on keywords, at the discretion of Google - not 3FC or IB.

Unfortunately, Google does not allow a specific type of product to be blocked from advertising. However, it does allow domain blocking. What we do is when we see Google display an ad for an HCG product, we send the domain (listed under the ad) to our advertising manager and he enters it into the Google filter so that particular company is blocked from advertising through Google on this site again. We keep sending them, but unfortunately there are so many more HCG sellers out there in the Google ad system that they keep getting replaced. And for some reason, the blocked ones get unblocked and have to be blocked again. It's a never ending battle.

If this is something you seriously want to consider, please ask your current doctor for advice. He or she will be able to give you any facts about it and let you know if you should or shouldn't try it. That would be about the most unbiased and reliable opinion you can get.