General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

Default No S Diet

Has anyone heard of or tried the no S diet? My mom and I just got through day 1. We ordered the book but haven't gotten it yet.

The basis of the diet is...
No sweets, no seconds, no snacks.
Except on Saturday and Sunday.

I remember when I was 12 (7 years ago) I stopped eating seconds at dinner and lost 30 pounds, but I wasn't eating 3 meals a day.

I'm excited about it but from what I've read of success stories, the weight loss is super slow. We will mostly be switching to healthy food though too, and I'm not going to cheat too much on the weekends unless it's a small bit of low-fat skinny cow ice cream or something. I'll also start excercising. The diet says you can eat exactly what you eat now as long as there's no seconds, so I think that will come in handy for days I don't eat the healthiest food so I still won't feel like I'm cheating.

The only thing that worries me is how slow the weight-loss is. I'm thinking it will be a good start though to cut back and decrease appetite and portions then if it slows down too much I can start counting calories later on.

Does my plan sound like a good idea, and has anyone else tried this plan and been sucessful? Thanks!
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

If it works, it doesn't matter how slow the weightloss is because it'll mean the way of eating is sustainable for life.

I don't have enough self control for it, because I don't think I've ever eaten seconds in my life - but, left to my own devices, I eat blinking huge firsts!

I don't eat sugar, snacks or seconds, 7/7 but I need the bit and bridle of calorie and carb counting to keep me honest!

Good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:59 AM   #3  

That's true, if it's slow that means I'll be able to maintain it. I just weigh so much though and want to get it off in a couple of years!

Same here about the sweets. I don't eat sweets very often at all, usually just on birthdays. Snacks aren't an everyday thing but I do eat them sometimes. Seconds at dinner is my biggest problem I think. Two plates is 2 meals so I'm hoping cutting out seconds and making that one plate healthy will help.

Thanks for posting! =]
Old 08-21-2010, 06:09 AM   #4  

Brown - Thanks! I'm definitely a meal-eater.

So I got the book today finally! I can honestly say in all my years of yo-yo dieting I have never felt this good about a "diet".

Basically, the idea is to limit excess. In the old days people didn't need to count calories to stay thin, and this is sort of what the plan goes off of. 3 meals a day and you can have whatever you want on a decent sized plate (can't stack anything haha). The author says the plates will get smaller and healthier as you go along and you end up cutting calories a lot because you see exactly what it is you eat throughout the day.

I think this will work for me, because snacking makes me more hungry and makes my appetite go up! I've been doing this for 4 days and have lost a pound and I haven't been hungry once. My appetite has gone down a bit and I'm finding I'm really satisfied. After reading the book, this plan just makes sense. The author said the weightloss is a bit slower because it's all fat that is being lost.

I really hope there's someone else on this plan out there. It'd be nice to see how other people are doing on it!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #5  

I have been doing this for 3 days now and at each of my meals, I make sure I have something that I really like so I don't feel deprived. I have found out that apparently snacking was one of my "triggers", because most of the time I was snacking on sweets and other carbs, which only left me wanting more and more and more! Now, that I am not snacking, food is not occupying every second of my mind. I honestly feel like I have finally found a "lifestyle" change that I can live with. I don't have the book, I am just going by the NO "S" rule.
valray is offline   Reply With Quote