General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #61  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Pretty in pink. I know how you exactly feel. I am ging back on tomorrow. This is my second time. First time i lost all the weight i wanted. Its just that transition is so freaking hard to do. Lets try to do it togrther. We can motivate eachother. So to everyone iam BOB as of tomorrow.

How is everyone doing so far?
Old 02-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #62  
go 4 your dreams!!!

S/C/G: 297/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

@ hoping4change yes it does work. I did it for a month last August and lost 32 lbs!! My best friend was the one that told me about it, she lost 40lbs in bout a month & a 1/2 and her mom lost round 50lbs in about 2 months. Also, if you go to their website and look at their photo section you'll see the results of some of the woman that did the diet, the results are really something!
heres the link: http://accuweight.com/photos.htm

@Lose25 Yes I am definitely down to do it together! I really feel that I WILL succeed this time! + my boyfriend doesn't think I can do it bc I've failed a few times before so its more motivation to prove him wrong! lol
And we can motivate eachother & keep eachother on track checking in everyday. But i got mother natures gift yesterday so I am going to start it when its over, which is usually 4-5days so looks like Monday will be the day.
We can definitely do this!! I just think about it like, time is flying by so fast the next thing we know its gonna be summer and were gonna be looking suppa hott!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #63  

S/C/G: I need to loose 50 lbs (or so)

Height: 5'2

Question Accu-trim beads (auricular therapy)

So the question still remains, this Accu-trim weight loss program stipulates you only need to use the beads. No need to diet or exercise according to the mailer I received.

"This benefits the body as a whole and DRAMATICALLY INCREASES THE RATE OF FAT BURN without restricting food intake or increasing activity levels."

Is this really the case? Can anyone confirm or are the accu-trim beads a waste of money. I tried to google Dr. Jane Griffithson with NO luck - this Dr. Cant be found. And when I googled Dr. George L. Bingham, the finds were negative. The beads have been banned in the UK. Here is the link for that -> motleyhealth.com/lose-weight/fat-burning-beads-banned
Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #64  

Height: 5'4"

@ lose25-how is the transition after?
@prettyinpink116-thank you! I have my orientation March 17th
Old 02-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #65  
go 4 your dreams!!!

@tjmare this is called "the accu weight loss aka bead diet" and isnt related to that flyer you got in the mail which was for the accu-trim beads (atleast thats what I think they're called according to what you wrote) which are similar to the beads you use for this diet but along with this diet you need to follow a strict diet plan and I dunno anything about that Dr. Jane guy you mentioned, but the beads used for this diet aren't banned anywhere (i dont think atleast???) & this diet was created by a man named Dr. Schwartz and along with wearing the beads you have to follow a strict diet. Heres the link to the website about the diet http://accuweight.com/

Im not sure if you knew this thread was for the bead diet not just the beads. Well I hope i helped a little and if you have any questions just ask anyone on here & if we know we;ll be glad to help!!

@hoping4change thats great!!! I'll be on it starting Monday so we can motivate eachother!

Last edited by prettyinpink116; 02-27-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 265.5/191/200

Height: 6 foot 1 inch

Default My Before and after....

70 pounds later, here I am.... Well, That was about 60 pounds later, and dropped about another 10 after that..... My nephew today who I haven't seen in a couple of months asked me this morning if I have cancer....Nice....LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg before and after.jpeg (42.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 02-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #67  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi everyone.. Ya know it's really lucky my "commitment" to my husband/marriage isn't as feeble as my "commitment" to this diet!!! I know it's hard - I know it I know it I know it... BUT I know it works and gets so much easier a month into it... Yet my own personality sabatoges me every step of the way. I just need to get through 2-3 weeks without cheats and I'm good to go but haven't been able to do that yet.

I talked with Dr S and he pegged my personality and why this isn't working. I told him I crave salt after 8PM - as in cheezits, chips etc (which I'm really not a big fan of)... he said any salt cravings are really a sign of dehydration so i need to drink more water. He also told me in order to change my behavior patterns (ie eating for no apparent reason except comfort) to initially keep some sugar free jello on hand for the nights. Only one flavor per week (the more flavors - the greater the cravings)... but he said he didn't care if I ate 6 cups of jello a night as long as that was the only thing I was eating. He was right! - I am sick of jello now but it did help me through a few rough nights.

So far this week has been good although my weight loss is no where near what it was 18 month ago when I first tried this plan. But I am down 7 this re-committed first week so I am thrilled and motivated to continue.

Wishing everyone much success this week - Guy wih the Beads you look great and don't listen to your friends.. With the weight loss your body is carrying so much less you are in a healthier position now... Do they think gastric bypass is healthy? Not really but it GETS obese people to a healthier weight quickly to hopefully jumpstart them into a new more controlled lifestyle. Good Luck with transition.

...Kim

PS - Edited to also say... one full week back on this program and I have so much energy already. Today I played Just Dance 2 on the Wii with my kids and I was on par with my 14 and 7 yr old daughters. Oh and I cleaned out 2 closets that have been calling me for months! I do love the energy I feel.

Last edited by Kim in NJ; 02-27-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: additional thoughts on energy level
Old 02-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #68  
go 4 your dreams!!!

@guywithbeads

WOW!!
that is amazing!!!! & you look great!! U DO NOT look like you have cancer! OMG lol. Its so true what you said before, people criticize if your too big or too skinny. uhhhh lol. Well im getting back on the diet tomorrow and I just wanna say thanks for the motivation!! :P

@Kim in NJ I know how you feel. This will be my 4th time doing this diet bc the past 3 X's Ive tried it the longest I went was 1 full month then stopped. Tried to do it again 2 X's the same week I messed up and it didn't happen and I just gave up for a while. And now tomorrow will be the 4th time I will do this diet and I KNOW i will not fail this time around. I even made a countdown calender counting the days down to the 1st day of summer. I REFUSE to be big this summer and promised myself last summer that I WILL NOT be big ever again for another summer!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

Last edited by prettyinpink116; 02-27-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #69  

Thanks for the nice comments prettyinpink and Kim.. Keep up the great work!!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #70  
go 4 your dreams!!!

@guywithbeads No problem!! SO it took you 2 months to lose 70 lbs? Is that right?? WOW thats amazing and you should be proud!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #71  

Height: 5'2''

Guywithbeads - wow!

You are an inspiration. All of you who have any questions about whether or not this will work for you just look at the pictures.

I have maintained since October. I MAY drop another 5 or so just for for grins. I am a nut at the gym and I am in great shape. Love my size 4s!

The key here is that I have maintained. I eat pretty much what I want on the weekendwithin reason and watch what I eat M-Thurs. I also have cut out most carbs and I eat lots of yogurt and salad.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #72  

Height: 5'4"

prettyinpink116 - Yes, definitely! After two boys and 55lbs later I need this badly...I would definitely love to support eachother so we can do this! I stare at my closet with all my beautiful clothes that I can't fit into and I just cry...I can't live like this anymore...I want to be able to run and play with my kids without feeling like I'm so heavy I need to take constant breaks

@guywithbeads - WOW is right! you look fantastic...ok now I'm really excited to do this in two weeks!

@ guywithbeads AND Sophiesnowangel - I have two questions though...how is the transition period? I mean, after eating pretty much nothing is it them helping you ease into food again? and lastly (and forgive me for getting personal) with this rapid weight loss is a person left with "jiggly" areas? meaning flabby arms, tummy, etc? That's my biggest fear...scares the heck out of me!

Thank you all for being so supportive and for being so willing to share your thoughts
Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #73  

@Hoping. No problem on the personal questions. The amazing thing is that I have found very little, "flab" as a result of this. My stomach was pretty big and I was concerned about that. I do have a little jiggly in the lower belly, but I am seeing that go away with some situps. One of the things that the doctor at the office discussed and I think that they said it on the orientation was that unlock other diets, you don't get a lot of the hanging skin, etc. I don't know why it is.

Transition has been interesting for me. Yes, they, "ease" you in but introducing a different form of protein each week for 5 days. On those 5 days you essentially stick to the fruit/vegetable protocol then add 5-7 oz of protein. First lean chicken and fish, then more and more. After a few weeks after you have proven to maintain they add carbs to the diet. After that week you are on maintenance. For me I don't think that the 5-7 ounces of protein is enough as I have lost 2-3 pounds on each week of transition (gain weight then lose it all on the 2 milk days). I go back in on Thursday and the discussion has started that if I lose again that they are going to add more then the 5-7 ounces. Hope that helped....

@Pretty - Thank you.... Yeas I am proud!!! LOL

Will be even prouder if 1 year from now I am still down this weight.... LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #74  
Kee

GUY with BEADs wow way to go you look amazing!!! I started BOB today since its march first. and i have about 30 lbs to lose.

Hoping4change: Transition for me sucked. I was doing the long distance and wasnt getting called often or enough. When i was suppose to transition my counsellor forgot to calle me. When she did it was way too late and it was down hill from there. My second try i am hoping to do it right. I also live on my own now so i dnt have to worry about my moms cooking. If you have any more questions about it inbox me and ill share whati know.

To everyone good luck and lets do this one more time!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #75  
Kee

Pretty in pink. Ill be here with you. I know how that feels. I have been trying to get back on track and i keep messing up. Ill make sur ei come on line every day and well encourage eachother and same or everyone else.

Guy with beds. Good luck on maintaining i found that was really hard for me. BUt you can do it with suport.
Closed Thread