General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Ellen what is in Mole sauce?
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #377  

Solly, Mole sauce is made with ancho, guajillo, pasilla and chipolte peppers, onions, tomatoes, raisins, spices and chocolate. Its dark and has a very slight sweetness with a nice bite. It goes perfect with turkey, but it is also great with tamales. It sounds complicated, but it is just a lot of ingredients, and pretty simple to make. You can buy it in a jar in the Mexican section of the grocery store, but it is very expensive. Its MUCH cheaper to make it yourself, and the recipe makes a lot, so I freeze it in smaller containers and have enough for several dishes.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #378  

If anyone wants the recipe for the mole sauce, just let me know. Its fantastic with turkey, chicken or on tamales.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #379  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

((Everybody)) It is after midnight and I'm just finding time to pop in. Hubby is on vacation so my schedule is thrown off. Fixing to call it a night. Hope to find time to be a better poster tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #380  

Morning ladies, I could not weigh yesterday as my new scale was broken, (think GS did something to it). I got a new one and weighed thi morning and I am down almost 5 lbs. We have restarted on cycle 1 of our diet and that really helps, eating is more difficult but you lose more wt. Remember when I told you I had to rubber band the buttons on my pants to keep them on? Now they are so big I am swimming in them. I want to wait until I start cycle 2 before I start buying new pants. I did have one pair I can wear (black) so I will have to live with the bagginess for another week or so.

Been just sitting on the couch at night after work. It has made me so dizzy. I did manage to walk 2 nights this week, but was too dizzy to try it by myself last night.

Ellen, thanks for the info on the mole sauce. It has a lot of things I have not heard of before. Not sure it will be in my eating plan for now.

Crystle, hope DH doesn't get in your hair much this week.

Toni, hope all is well with you today.

I didn't sleep much last night so I am so sleepy today plus I had to take a whole Ambien to get to sleep so I am drowsy. Drinking my green tea then to get a cup of coffee to wake me up.

Have a great day.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #381  

Ellen, I just saw that Dr Oz has a gluten free diet posted on his website. You might want to check it out. Not sure if it will be on the show today or not.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #382  

SOLLY- I went and looked at Oz's GF diet...its actually written by Mark Hyman, whose book on ultra metabolism I have. Tom used his diet to detox back a year ago, and had fabulous results on it. He started on it about the time I started doing the vegan diet. We were quite the pair for a few months! Anyway, there are some interesting recipes I will look at. For the most part, I am in a bind due to not being able to eat eggs. GF baking relies heavily on eggs for the binding and leavening. I need to find a gluten free, egg free cookbook...THAT would make my day!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #383  

Went shopping and out to lunch with some dear friends today. Brought home subway for dinner. I'm so tired so just going to say howdy.

Ellen- How do you know if you're allergic to wheat or need to eat gluten free? Is there a test the doctor can run?
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #384  

Default Howdy

Good evening ya'll. Another late night for this gal. Today was full with gardening, mowing, making banana nut bread and other various chores. But is was a good day. My walk/run went really well. I was able to do 2.5 miles in about 30 minutes. Not speed racer but I'm getting it done.

Solly...WTG!!! You are amazing! What an inspiration and motivation you are for me. But then again you always have been.

Toni...sleep well and wake refreshed. So glad you had a great day with your friends.

Ellen...that is wild Ellen. Is it the whole egg you are allergic too or do they know? Because there are things in the yolk that aren't in the whites. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a cookbook or site for you. I love a good search.

Mercee... You are doing amazing! Great numbers. WTG

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #385  

TGIF, I haven't said that in awhile but boy I didn't want to do this today. Still struggelng with what to do about the job, etc. I spend most of my day "figuring" and praying about it. No plans for the weekend, just rest and the usual cleaning. DH may paint our kitchen. It is so cold here and rainy again, I just can't beleive it.

Ellen, there has to be a cookbook out there somewhere with the vast internet.

Toni, hope you got some rest. I love Subway. Now we go get their chicken salads and load them up with veggies.

Crystle, I think you are backwards on that one. It is you whom I admire, you have come so far and gotten to your goal wt and now running. It is true, "YOU" have to be a priority or you go to pot. Your running is awesome.

Mercee, hope your colelge visits went well and you are back home and back to routine.

Have a great weekend everyone. Probably talk to you on Monday.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #386  

MMMM having a nice cup of hot green tea. It goes well with this cold rainy day. Resting up from my big shopping trip. I'm so ready to start eating right. I looked at all the nice clothes in smaller sizes and thought to myself if only I were smaller. Or a normal size instead of xxL. Thats a rude awakening and good for me.

Solly- I hope God sends you the answer you need. He will I'm sure. Sounds like our weather too. I need to get a few things in for the 17 DD but I'm getting ready to try it again. I'm so glad you're doing well on it.

Crystle- Man you are such a good example. Love your posts and on facebook too. I just love hearing about the stuff going on around you. We've talked about getting chickens again. I can't wait to plant something. But March came in like a lamb must go out like a lyon. Your running is great. I can't believe you can do that in 30 min.

Ellen- Hope you are feeling better. And you're eating lots of chicken soup....

Mercee- How'd your week go?

Back to my tea and soap opera.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #387  

Default Good evening

Howdy ya'll. I came to post yesterday evening but became distracted and never posted what I wrote. Hope ya'll are having a super weekend so far. Mine is going really well. I was able to spend some time with my mama earlier today and help her start her container garden. My niece was there also. She is a precious young lady.

I had a super run for me this evening. So close to two miles. I ran about 17 or 18 minutes. Walked the other 17 minutes. I walk before to warm up and after to cool down. It still takes me a while to cool down but it is getting better.

((Everybody))

Solly..sorry you are still struggling so much with the dizziness. I pray that if you want to retire from your job that you will be able to.

Toni..too cool. Hope you get your chickens. They are so much fun. My guys are already getting wing feathers. It is amazing how fast they grow. I should be taking pictures again pretty soon.

Ellen and Mercee...Hope you are having a good weekend so far.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 03-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #388  

Morning! I have had trouble sleeping the past few nights. I feel pretty good all day, but when I lay down, I start coughing and can't fall asleep. Its so annoying! I am hoping all the rain we got in the past day will help. I think some of my problem is now pollen instead of the cold. I seriously wonder if I will ever be well again?

Last night we went out to eat with our daughter and son in law. The ones with my granddaughter- who I kept for them yesterday afternoon. My son in law was on call and had to go do two jobs so I had Bella. She is suddenly all about Mimi. (that's me!) It was fun having her, but it wiped me out. The place we went to dinner was a little seafood dive with fantastic food. I got fried oysters...yes, gluten and all! I did not eat the cole slaw though as it was made with mayo. Then Tom and I shared a plate of shrimp and grits. Wow...it was good! The oysters were fantastic too. My son in law got cajun crawfish. I ate a few of them. Not too bad, but too much work!

Gotta go get ready for church!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #389  

Good morning all. Didn't sleep good but was still up at 8:30. I wish I would get up everyday that time or earlier. But then I would have to go bed at a reasonable hour. LOL.... Going to try and do that this week. Nothing much going on here. Think I'll do a little laundry today.

Ellen- I'm so sorry you're not well yet. I can't believe how long its taken. The rain here helped with the pollen so hopefully yours is too. But brrr is it cold. Calling for snow sometime this week. Wow that seafood dinner sounds so yummy. I've never had shrimp and grits and always wanted to try it.

Crystle- Nice you could spend time with your Mama. I love container gardening. Thats mostley what I have to do. I'm just not well enough to have a big garden. But I sure do dream about it. Your running is outstanding. I'm cheering you all the way....

Solly- How are you feeling? Hope you're having a good relaxing week end.
Hope you've come to a decision about work..... I'm starting the 17 DD again. Wish me luck..... Where are you on it?

Well time to finish up the coffee and do something. LOL
Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #390  

Default Good morning

Ellen...sorry you are still feeling yucky. My hubby loves crayfish and loves them even more because I peel his for him..LOL My mama is cajun so she taught us early how to get those puppies peeled. But you are right it is some work. After the big boils all of us ladies peel the extras for fried tails. Talk about GOOD!

Toni..thank you so much for your encouragement with my running. Sometimes I feel silly because others can go so much father and faster. But then I just praise God because I am strong enough to do what I do and it is getting better all the time. Four weeks ago I thought I would quit after some 60 second intervals and now I can do for 18 minutes. I have a friend that is in a wheelchair who used to be a runner. She really helped get me over the hump. She said when I wanted to quit think of her because she really misses being able to run and walk.

I planted several containers here at the house today also. Tomatoes and peppers. The okra I put straight in the ground. I still have several seeds to get planted but the garden is getting there. My baby chicks are starting to get wing feathers already. They are too cute!

Solly and Mercee...thinking of you ladies today also. Hope your day is going well.

Love and hugs,
Crystle