Plateaus

• It depends on your definition of a plateau. For me, it's not a plateau until I hit the two month mark. I'm there now!

I can tell you that I finally just increased the exercise AND the calories and I'm hopeful that the fact that I've lost a couple ounces two days in a row now means I might be starting to lose again.

But generally speaking, no, increasing the calories does not work for me, only decreasing.

But I am of the opinion that you should eat as much as you can and still lose weight.
  • I don't think 3 days of not losing anything would signify calling it a plateau.
    I went through a small plateau a few months ago where I did not lose a single pound for a whole month.
    I added heavier weights, more cardio and started to eat more. My plateau broke immediately after that.
  • Try eating 1200 calories and working out for 3 hours straight like the Biggest Loser contestants.

You'll lose like crazy.
  • That happens to me. A plateau for me right now is a few days. Now granted, I fully expect to have longer ones as the pounds drop off. However. I have noticed that if I increase my calories for a day or two I have a "woosh" a few days later.

Everyone is different and everyone has a different journey. I have found that because I know this about my body, it gives me a little "excuse" to have more than I should more often. That is not good either