3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way #14!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/21718-doin-old-fashioned-way-14-a.html)

Kina 12-09-2002 05:03 PM

OMG! Aphil you have me all inspired all of a sudden. I am going to jump on my machine tonight. For Sure! I have two essays I have to write tomorrow for class. Aaaaaarrrrgh!

Off the subject slightly...do you all remember me mentioning it way back when...about a 100 mile challenge that was going on at the college I attend. Well we were supposed to do any exercise that we can tally mileage and then report our mileage in every week to the intramural department. Well I have tallied my last 3 weeks but I have accumulated already 170 sum miles. So I have exceeded my 200 goal possibly. Woohoo!

So to sum this all up I am going to log off as soon as I get my english 1301 project done and then head towards my elliptical machine for a personal one on one.

Okay I am off to do my homework. I will check in later only to report that I did get some one on one with my machine. If you don't hear from me it is that I didn't get my time in or I just was too tired to check in. Bye.
Kina

Hey Aphil thanks for the kick in the B_tt! LOL

aphil 12-09-2002 06:01 PM

Hi everyone!
My husband has worked late, and is on his way home to jump in the shower and head out to a funeral home viewing for his late great aunt-so I had dinner alone with the kids, and will pretty much have an hour or so alone after the kdis go to bed, since the viewing is an hour away...
Kina-I am so glad you took the kick in the butt well...and congrats on the 100 mile challenge-I know you will totally surpass that goal! I have slacked off in the exercise department a bit since my back incident a few weeks ago-and just because I cannot do the intensity I was doing, doesn't mean I can't do SOMETHING. I have been doing more yoga lately-it actually is helping out my back a lot, as well as improving my flexibility, and I have been doing some walking and such. I have done a little dancing, but I am laying off the strenuous bellydance moves until my back heals completely. (I still am real stiff upon awaking in the morning, and still get bad twinges of pain now and then throughout the day if I move wrong-but it is slowly getting better):)
I am really hoping to lose 3 more pounds over the rest of the challenge, so I can be at 190 by Christmas. I am so determined.
I know how tempting it is around this time of year to want to lay off the exercise and eat at all of teh holiday getherings-but there are plenty of low calorie foods that are comforting this time of year...diet hot cocoa, the great crustless pumpkin pie recipe we all have talked about up here, etc.-and there is really no excuse not to be exercising. We all owe it to ourselves-and our behinds will thank us! :lol:
Aphil

Snowey 12-09-2002 08:56 PM

Amy~~~~ you are so right,,we can do this.. We can make it through the holidays!!

I like you am so pumped and determined!!! I am hoping to lose at least 2 more pounds before Christmas.

Yes, I will even exercise (I can feel you twisting my arm :lol: ) and hopefully that will speed this body up some.

No turning back now girls........we have a mission to accomplish!!! :)

Nancy:df:

198.8/182.8/150ish

tryin'hard 12-10-2002 08:08 AM

Thanks for the motivating kick, Aphil! We all need it once in a while! The next few weeks are tough ones, but if we all have that little goal we've set for ourselves firmly stated, we'll greet the new year with enthusiasm!
The hard part for me around the holidays is the wine. I have to really be careful! I try really hard to limit myself to just Friday nights and that keeps it in check!
I find it really helpful to add more exercise too. Last week, I did my regular 45 minute walk in the morning and on the days I got home early from school, I did some running on the treadmill. I figure if I do a little extra for a few weeks, the little "tastes" and goodies won't pack on any pounds.
Well, I hope you all have a great day! Kina--I went to your site and read a little bit. The little bit I read about your family was very beautiful and will go back and visit when I'm not doing 6 other things at the same time! Good luck with your end of semester!

aphil 12-10-2002 08:51 AM

Good morning everyone! :dizzy:
Wow-I am SO happy everyone is taking my littel kick so WELL!!!
Nancy-I am telling you, get on the regualar exercise wagon-and you will firm up those flabby parts in no time! We have to think about LOSING and not gaining this holiday season!!!! And I have a great gift for the winner of the challenge!!!! (Don't foget greed is a great motivator :devil: )
After the Christmas Challenge-I have something else in store for us as well!!!!!! I totally plan on keeping us all motivated as ong as this site is here!!!
Things are going well-I have been doing some research for new restaurant information to put up here at 3FC-I am twisting the arms of Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans-getting information out of them-thet do not list it on their sites-and when I get enough, it should be put up soon. I have also been checking into some chain diet systems, such as LA Weight Loss and Nutrisystem so t be better informed about their plans, fees, etc. when there are questions asked here on the boards...I am really learning a lot-it is great. :)
I am feeling good this morning-I am getting ready to have breakfast now, and do my yoga and maybe some ab work...lord knows I need it! :lol:
Aphil

Kina 12-10-2002 03:25 PM

Thanks Tryinhard for checking out my English project. So what you do you think about Aphil's kick in the butt? LOL

Yyyyyyiiiiiipppppeeeeeee! Aphil you keep us going in the right direction and don't you worry about giving out free kicks. We often need them. I think the next challenge we should call it "Giving Out Free Ones...Come and Get It!" LOL Just kidding. Without you pushing on us Aphil it just wouldn't be the same. Sometimes, I know for me anyway, I need to know that somebody expects more out of me. Of course I have my 4 kids, my husband, and my teachers to expect more out of me but they are all in it for themselves; in this case you are pushing me for ME. It's a GOOD THING! Thanks.

Well back to studying...final on Thursday...wish me luck I am going crazy! bye.
Kina

aphil 12-10-2002 04:19 PM

Kina-you are right-I am doing this for YOU. My husband is supportive, but he tries to sabotoge me now and then, and those husbands out there who like thin wives a lot of the time get the benefit of having a better looking woman on their arm, or a more attractive lover-so yes, they have something vested in our success. I have absolutely nothing to gain by everyone here exercising and meeting their health and fitness goals-except for the good feeling of knowing my friends are doing something good for themselves. This is not for our children, or our spouses ro partners, or our bosses, or for the guy checking ladies out in the mall-this is for OURSELVES. We get so busy doing, doing, doing for others that we forget that we have to take that time for ourselves each and every day.
Besides my diet and daily exercise-I have also been doing small things JUST FOR ME-things such as putting moisturizer on my feet every day before I put on my socks, (the socks keep in the heat and moisture and it is sort of like a deep conditioning for your tootsies) taking 5 minutes or so a day to read a chapter in a novel or a magazine article-it may take me ages to finish a book or magazine-but I have commited to read something each day!
Don't forget to take those few minutes each day for YOU.
And that idea for the next challenge isn't so bad....:devil:
Aphil

VermontMom 12-10-2002 05:02 PM

Motivating!!

Wow! Aphil, you should have been some kind of career coach - :lol: you sure can get us motivated!! The positive energy is just crackling from the screen!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time at the party. Wish we could have seen a pic of you - or do you have one? You described that chocolate fountain so well, and oh my gosh, you showed such self-restraint in the foods you chose. I probably would have counted it as "one of those occasions" and maxed on everything. Good for you!!!!

As Nancy said, it's so rare in this day and age to have employers show such appreciation for their employees.

I'm at 143 this afternoon, which doesn't seem possible from all the terrible cookie eating I've been doing :o well, not terrible huge amounts, but at least 2 a day...Tryin'hard, you said it's the glass of wine that you love...with me, it's sweets. Especially the intoxicating little colorful Christmas cookies!!I was expressing surprise to my husband that I haven't added a few holiday pounds yet, and he reminded me that lean muscle takes more calories to maintain, so I've been given some slack - but I will try harder to stay away! I've worked too hard to let pounds come creeping back!:D

Has anyone done their Christmas cards yet? I still haven't received any in the mail yet...maybe I'm waiting until I get one, that I'll send them. :p

Thanks for the reminders about what's important, Kina. It was dumb of me to feel uncomfortable around others talking about their spending. When I brought in all the goodies I made for my co-workers (for each person, a mini-gingerbread house, a container of peppermint meringues, and a plate of a dozen different Christmas cookies/pastries) they went "gaga". So I felt good that I gave totally handmade items, that didn't cost alot, and were well-received.

It really does come down to basic things, such as loving family, and good health, and basic needs taken care of. You're a sweet spirit for radiating those thoughts!:grouphug:

Nancy, I just know that your bod will respond quickly to some muscle-building exercise. Take it slow and easy at first, then gradually increase as you feel you can.

aphil, congrats on the losses!

Hi to Christine, Nola, DNW, Alibee, and Jacklyn, are you here? There? Somewhere?:lol:

Okay, tonight I'll ask husband to email me some of the digital photos we've taken lately, and find one to post. Some of the birthday gifts I received were racy clothing - one was a black vinyl bikini top :o another was a stretch lace bodysuit :o you get the picture!or I'll find one he took of me exercising one morning; I was shocked to see it afterwards, that I was really showing muscles! Cool! (well, cool to those who like muscly-women:lol: )

Have a great evening, ladies! I'm going to fill my water bottle and slurp it all down while I make dinner, I promise!

Your friend, Holly

aphil 12-10-2002 07:11 PM

Holly- You know, I am totally with you-I can forgo the wine, eggnog, turkey or ham,and all that-but at gatherings my biggest weakness is the sweets...and actually, I have Nancy's crustless pumpkin pie in the oven right now...hey, for 70 calories and no fat-you just cannot beat it-and you feel like you are totally indulging in the holiday season! (Not to mention that a slice counts as half a serving of vegetables)
If you are so into the sweets and love to bake-check out the recipes at www.shapemag.com or www.fitness.com-they are the sites for the magazines, and they have recipes up there that are really great-I have written a few down in my personal healthy recipe book-one was even for chocolate cake!
Well, I better get off this thing-I need to take that pie out in a few minutes...have a great evening ladies!!!
Aphil

Snowey 12-11-2002 01:43 AM

Hey Girlies...

How many calories do you think there are in postage stamps and envelope glue?????? :lol: because that is what I have been doing is licking all night (get your minds out of the gutter) :lol:
I have been doing my Christmas cards and geesh, I did not realize how many I send. Why oh why do I do that?????

Did I mention to you all about my latest episode with the friggin toupee wearing doctor of mine?? Well last week I went to see him as these pains in my chest just wont go away..well again he thinks its stress and gad (anxiety) and just about told me that I was making it up. Well I told him that I am not depressed. That I was not making this up and that I was frankly tired of him thinking I was. He then said that he would send me to a masage therapist as maybe it might be muscle related( ok fine Ill give that a try)or fibromyalgia but wouldnt you know that the therapist can't see me as she has to many patients.. I am so *(&^@&%$#@** mad I could just scream :eek: Also before I left I asked him if he would check my blood pressure and he said he did not have time!!!!!!!!!!
I then told him that I was moving to Calgary and I would find a doctor that did have time. He then started to apolgize and I left. So screw you Mister Rug Head!!!!! I hope he gets caught in a huge wind storm and has to run for 30 miles to find his hair!!!!

I miss my doctor in the states so much. He was the best!!
I am sure Ill survive, but until I find another doctor when I move Ill just continue to hurt.

But anyway, still doing great OP , but according to my scale I 'm not showing a change this week , there shouldnt be any reason for it though. I have been 100%. The willpower that is flowing through me right now is unstoppable!!!!

But we will see what WW scale says tomorrow...

I am glad to hear that everyone is feeling good about themselves and staying motivated. Amy is doing a damn fine job as head Cheerleader!!!!!! And with all the support and encouragement from this great group ladies here, how can we fail.

Ok will check back tommorow with the official weigh in..

Hugs to all and keep on smiling!!!!!!! :)

198.8/182.8/150ish

aphil 12-11-2002 07:29 AM

Good morning ladies-
I am up a bit earlier than normal-my husband left the bedroom door open when he left for work, and the cat pounced on my head...so I am up now! :lol:
Nancy-I feel for you-I have had my share with bad doctors...especially the one who delivered my daughter...the idiot was like "You don't need a c-section, you just aren't pushing hard enough! Let me turn off your epidural so you can feel more and push harder!" Needless to say-one 10lb+ baby 4 hours later...and YES-he made me lay there for 4 hours with her pretty much STUCK-I started hemmoraging, and he proceeds to start giving me a d&c, with my husband STILL in the room, and with me AWAKE AND WITHOUT ANYTHING FOR THE PAIN!!!! (This is a procedure they usually knock you out for) My mom is a nurse, and I totally thought when it was allover that she was going to literally strangle him out in the hallway. I have since reported him to the state attorney general. :D (Oh yeah, take that docotor moron! Blemished record!)
I am sure your weigh in will be fine-if anything, at least we are not all gaining the typical 5 pounds one gains during the holiday season! I have a feeling that my loss will slow or stay the same this week-as I am feeling the pms symptoms coming on.
AS far as the pics of me at the party last week, I know some people there took some-but I don't have any yet-I really need to get some taken to put up here!
Jason's work just sent us a huge Christmas light up snowglobe that plays music-we got this huge box with my husband's name on it yesterday from UPS, and I was like-"Okay, what did you order now??!!!!" And it was from work. They send us a holiday gift each year from the factory as well as the parties-last year it was a planter of red and white baby roses-wnd I had them dead in 4 days-at least I can't kill this! :lol: I do not have a green thumb, let me tell you!!!
Well-everyone eat right today, drink that water, eat those fruits and veggies-do not spend all of your points or calories on junk-it DOES make a difference-and get those buns moving! Come on-firm thighs! firm butts!
Aphil

Snowey 12-11-2002 11:45 PM

Good evening gang,

Had WW today and just like I suspected I stayed exactly the same.. I am ok with that as I know I am doing everything right and one day Ill be at goal.

I had a busy work day today and Im so tired off to bed now...

See you all later....

198.8/182.8/150ish

tryin'hard 12-12-2002 11:29 AM

Aphil, you kicked us so hard nobody has time to post!! (only kidding!!!)
Hope you're all doing well and just too busy to post.
Nancy, you know you're doing the right thing--ignore the scale!
Have a great day everyone! Post soon!

aphil 12-13-2002 08:56 AM

Hi everyone!!!!
Another pound down today...18 now gone forever off my body!
Looks like I motivated even myself!
Aphil

Snowey 12-13-2002 10:13 PM

WOO HOO way to go Amy!!!!!!!!

You are kick butt girl!!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

198.8/182.8/150ish