General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 11:39 AM   #91  

Aphil--it's so funny that you mention being cold! Since I've lost weight I am ALWAYS freezing! I even run my hands under hot water a few times a day!!
Kina--I'd love to hear more about your elliptical machine. Is it high off the ground? I would love to get one, but DH says we won't have the head room in the cellar because it's so much higher than the treadmill. I worked out on one when we were on vacation last year, and even though I couldn't walk downstairs for two days, I loved the workout!
I have begun running a little bit. My walking partner and I are trying to run during our walk and I've been running on my treadmill too. (I've also been doing my kegels, DNW!!) Does anyone have any thoughts about running? DH thinks I'm better off walking, but it's not a challenge anymore.
HOpe you're all having a good day. So glad to read that all is going well.
Take care.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:50 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

tryin hard-You and your partner may try doing what some call run/walking. You walk at your regular brisk pace for 5 minutes, jog for 1 minute, walk again for 5 minutes, run for 1...and so on. You will burn more fat than with walking alone, because your heart rate stays elevated higher during the whole walk due to the running spurts. So you get that benefit plus it is easier on your knees, hips, ankles since you are not running the entire time.
Aphil
Old 12-02-2002, 01:08 PM   #93  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day !!!

Nancy
Old 12-02-2002, 01:45 PM   #94  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Exclamation Thanks for the reminder Nancy

Happy Birthday Holly

I hope you have a day full of smiles and plenty of hugs!

bye. Kina
Old 12-02-2002, 03:08 PM   #95  

Happy Birthday, Holly!! (I don't know how to do balloons and dancing bananas!!)
Old 12-02-2002, 05:42 PM   #96  

Happy birthday Holly!!!!!

Have a fabulous day-do something special!!!
Aphil
Old 12-03-2002, 03:53 AM   #97  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking b-day!!

Happy B-Day Holly!!

Have a great day!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 07:45 AM   #98  

Good morning everyone!
I am so happy to tell all of you that I ran 3/4 of a mile on my treadmill yesterday! When I got off, all I could think about was logging on and telling all of you! Yes, my DH was proud of me, but his pride comes with the warning, 'please be careful. those treadmills weren't made for running' BUt, I knew that all of you would be proud of me! I have never ran more than 200 yards in my whole life! Since it's so cold out (13 degrees on my walk this morning!) I think I'll stick to walking outside and running on the treadmill inside. My Christmas goal is to be able to run 1 1/2 miles. I think that's doable!
Well, I hope you all have a great day! I can't wait to go home and run!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 AM   #99  

Hi all!
I am down another pound to 195!!!! YAY!!!!
tryin hard-I see people running on the treadmills all of the time when I used to work out at the gym...so it can take it-just be sure not to lose your balance. I could speedwalk all day, but I have never been able to run on one of those without fear of falling...I definitely think you can make it to running over a mile by Christmas!!! Make that your part of your Christmas challenge, since you are on the maintenance phase and not trying ot lose anymore!
I have been thinking about the challenge, and what I could do for the lucky winner...I have some ideas, I think it will depend on who actually wins-so ladies keep track of your losses (and exercise challenges for the maintenance people) from November 20th on-I'll have everyone post their progress on Christmas or the day after.
You all are doing so great-trying hard and Kina-you are doing so well with your exercise, Holly has been maintaining her weight loss for quite a while now, Nancy and Kanola have been easing down those scales regularly...DNW has been so great wince she started here with us, going down the scales and having such a positive, in control attitude-and everyone else here that lurks and posts now and then-you all are just doing great!!!! Keep up the good work-I am so proud of you all!!!!
Aphil
Old 12-03-2002, 09:33 AM   #100  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone!

THANK YOU for all the birthday greetings!! That is so nice to receive them all. I am now 42 years YOUNG! and feeling great!

I have like one minute left before leaving for work, but will post again this afternoon. Also after changing clothes from work I should get on the scale and do a weekly report! to keep things maintained.

Love you all!

your friend, Holly
Old 12-03-2002, 04:43 PM   #101  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi y'all! I'm back from work.

I've been at 143 since mid-August; this afternoon the scale shows 142. I expect ups and downs in the amount of 2-3 pounds, without getting too excited or too bent out-of-shape. I would like to stay at this weight, but continue to tone and firm up all over. I would think that if my weight drifted on the far side of 145, that's when I should put the brakes on and be careful.

I'm so happy for everyone who is losing!! and for tryin'hard, with her incredible and maybe even more difficult long-term maintenance. I still think of you, tryin'hard, and your "once-a-month-bagel"

Of course, with the holidays coming up, there are SO many temptations, with just good food and especially sweet treats. I think I still want to be able to taste small amounts of yummy things, so I will have to plan when I know that we're going to a party, I need to scale back on calories overall a few days before.

Especially difficult will be the holiday baking...I don't buy many gifts for friends, but I do a ton of cookie/pastry baking, and make gift plates. So far I've done 5 batches of goodies, with good control (not GREAT control, but good ). And everything goes in the freezer 'til I gather it all and make the gift plates up. So it's a good deterrent to have it all in the big freezer, which is in our covered back porch - gotta go "outside" to get to it - and since it's been in the teens temperature-wise, kinda puts a damper on trips to see what's out there.

Kanola, it was a few days ago, but did you challenge yourself to go into the city on your bike? How was it, if you did go? I am SO missing the motorcycling! I went out to the garage and sat on it yesterday; it was COLD! But I tell myself, with each exercise session, that I am making myself stronger for next year's adventures.

Amy, hooray for your steady and unwavering determination! I especially know that it's such a challenge to be on the "losing track" when there are small children around - 'cause they will want to eat something different, and how difficult is can be to toss the food that's left on the kid's plates, instead of sampling it...I did that for years...

I think you also have the wonderful vision of how great you will look, and your new slender bod will be enhanced by your super sense of style, and makeup and hair...hello hottie!!

Nancy, congrats to you for being OP all the time, and kudos to you for being so wanted at your "part-time" job! I hope the house move will go smoothly for you. What a big deal that is!

Kina, how are you doing? Your kids must be so excited about Christmas. I hope you are not getting overwhelmed with work, school, home,etc!

Hi Alibee! How ya doin'? I think of your wild and crazy web page and laugh! Hope everything's great with you and your family.

I'll say hi to some we haven't heard from in a while - Jacklyn, Christine (Iforget when the baby's due!), t-girl, and the long-lost (sniff) Melisa and Sprite...

My husband's been taking ALOT of digital photos of me lately - rather racy ones! (it's so fun when you feel attractive!!) but if I can find one that is flattering but won't make too many of you blush I'll post it. Aphil is right; once you get your body fat down to a certain level, then the toned muscles really have a chance to shine!

Have a great afternoon! Keep warm, those of us who are FREEZING!

Your friend, Holly
Old 12-03-2002, 05:26 PM   #102  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DNW!!!!!

I hope you have a birthday filled with happiness!!!

Nancy
Old 12-03-2002, 05:31 PM   #103  

Hi girls,,,
taking a break at work and wanted to post a big hello to all my friends

Will check back in later.....

Nancy
Old 12-03-2002, 05:50 PM   #104  

Happy birthday DNW!!
Holly-you just made such a wonderful post-I know you made all of us just feel great! I am so proud of you for actually ebing a pound DOWN on your maintenance plan! I am sure you will do wonderful over the holidays! (and, YES, we would like to see the tamest of the racy photos!)
You are so right about it being difficult with the kids, but I try to make it a bit easier on myself-I tell myself I do not have to eat something just because I am making it. My husband and daughter wanted sausage links and eggs for dinner, so I made it-and made myself a Healthy Choice entree with a large side of mixed vegetables. We ate together as a family-but I just ate something different. I do allow myself the occasional slice of pizza, or a healthy restaurant choice-but I am not going to waste the calories on a food that I do not really care for anyway.
Well, have a good day!
Aphil
Old 12-04-2002, 10:46 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Yes, I got lost again!
But, I'm back...with 7 weeks to go! (due Jan 23)

Last time I went to the Dr was a week and a half ago and I was only up 2lbs (in 3 weeks time) and this was including 16oz of water I'd just drank!! I was thrilled to say the least but starting the next day.. boom.. I was up 1lb per day for the next 6 days!!! I've never experienced water gain in such extremes before but I'm sure thats what most of it was because since then I've been keeping off my feet a little more and drinking more H2O and I'm back down 2 lbs!

Sounds like you gals are doing great! I still cannot wait to get back on the weight-loss track! After having my daughter (4 yrs ago), I was down 34 pounds 2 weeks later but I don't hold much hope for a repeat performance! Plus, this time I'm already up around 35 pounds and last time I gained only 24 total!

So.. just wanted to update everyone on my life.. and let you know that, although I get lost from time to time, I eventually make my way back here!!

Christine
Closed Thread