General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 11:14 PM   #46  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO! I am in a great mood today! I went for the 2nd interview with Beall's and I GOT THE JOB! Okay so now i have to think about this. In the past whenever I got a job usually it meant in my mind more money to go out to eat. I am hoping that won't be the case for me. However with the job I had the with the Cotton I did happen to lose the most weight but then that was using alot of my muscles. This job is just retail the muscle you use most is your mouth for smiling.

My day job at the college I go in jeans most times. Of course I do have my hair fixed and my makeup done. But i don't do much other than that. So now I will be working a high priced retail store which will expect me to dress professionally. It will be good practice for when I get into my career. I will be going for orientation Saturday morning for most of the day. Also I will be working mostly evenings for a while; which means if you don't hear from me as often you will know where I am at...I'm at Beall's.

My 11 year old is turning 12 on Thanksgiving Day. You know how excited she is to hear that her mom will be working for the company that supplies Tommy Hilfiger. Luckily I get a 20% discount which will atleast take care of the taxes. Geeze! Let me get my first paycheck please! LOL At that it won't even be that great since I will only be working part time.

I have to get going and get some homework done. Talk to you all later. Bye.
Kina

PS I will weigh msyelf this Sunday and see if there has been a loss since our start date.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:27 PM   #47  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

"The hard way is the right way!" -- John Alves

(That's a good one to hang on the treadmill!!)

I couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 11-22-2002, 02:16 AM   #48  

Kina~~~ Congratulations on the job!!! And what an awesome discount you will be getting. Make sure you get yourself something nice with that 20% off,, you know a Saxy Mama outfit !!!
My job at the mall is pretty costly, I bought two new coats this week But I dont get any discounts ,, ( I'm mall management) but I still love my retail therapy!!!

Amy~~ I miss Bakers Breakfast Cookies, the fruit and nut were my absolute favorites!! They are so filling, I felt like I was in heaven when I had one of those with a cup of hot tea. I really should get my daughter to send me some. Also I meant to write in my last post, that even though your weight loss has gone unoticed by the evil SIL and the rest ,, your friends here have noticed and we think you are doing an awesome job!!!!!!

TryinHard~~~ So good to see a post from you, and you are doing wonderful with maintaining your weight loss. You have given yourself the best Christmas gift ever,,, a new you!!!!!

Nola~~~ You dont need a kick in the butt, you are doing a great job. You should be doing a happy dance!

Holly~~~ Where are you??

Alison~~ Are you finished with the book????

And how about everyone else,, come say hello!!

Ok its bedtime, I am so tired see you all tomorrow..

Night, Night

Nancy
198.8/185.2/150ish

Last edited by Snowey; 11-22-2002 at 02:22 AM.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:19 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
I, like Kina am in a fabulous mood today!!!!!!!!
Kina-congrats on the new job!!!!My sister is a big Tommy Hilfiger lover...she would be all over your discount! My stepmother bought Raiden a tiny pair of Tommy bib shortalls this summer...$30 on baby overalls, can you believe it?!!!
I am pretty hyped today about the challenge-I don't know if I am going to be able to just weigh in once a week-it amy have to be twice!!!!
Well, I need to get my butt moving!
Aphil
Old 11-22-2002, 08:37 AM   #50  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Geeze no matter what I do that scale is not budging. I have been doing my 20 ab rolls every night. I am not feeling as sore as I had been. It is getting much easier. I did jump on my elliptical machine this morning but only did 2.2 miles. I will do another 2.3 later.

I have tons to do today to get ready for my job. I talked to DH about the job and the bottom line was that if I was spending more on gas and day care for the kids than I was earning or was able to pocket then I would have to quit. I don't know about where you are but here the pay is awful. I will only be making 5.25 an hour. I have 4 children that will need watching over and the nearest sitter is 15 min in the opposite direction of work. Then you add the torn hosiery and the occassional wardrobe update. I honestly don't think it will balance in our favor. I guess we shall see.

I am not much a name brand person myself. It has just never appealed to me not even growing up. I guess because my parents never bought name brands for me, only for my brothers. We try to not instill those material values in our children. Only because we want them to understand that there is more to a person than a label on their outfit. They have never really asked for name brand things but our 11 year old is getting there and we try to discourage her. But since her birthday is coming up she will be getting money and if that is how she wants to spend her money then she will have to learn that money doesn't go too far if it has a tag with Hilfiger on it. She will figure it out sadly.

I better close off here. I have to make a To do list. Talk to you all again.
Kina
Old 11-22-2002, 09:14 AM   #51  
DNW

Angry Hi Everybody

Kina: As I am new to this thread and I don't know you very well I would guess you're hitting a plateau of some kind because it looks like you have lost quite a bit of weight recently. Sometimes if you mix up your food a bit it jump starts the old metabolism again.

Aphil: I am also very pysched about this challenge too. I want to stay focused and keep on keepin' on because 'tis the dangerous time of the year for me...so glad I renewed my gym membership...just got to keep jounraling my food in Fitday.com and I think I will be OK. Even when I go over the calories I target I pat myself on the back because I am being very honest about what I am eating for the first time in my life and that is a milestone in itself.

Snowey: You made my mouth water about those cookies, but I will be good and only dream about 'em..no cookie eating allowed for me

Kanola: I know you'll start dropping those pounds again...you've lost so much already...your body's probably just resting.

tryin'hard: I really love walking too...I walk alone, however, since my husband Deadnurse still isn't sick enough from his diabetes to get the exercise he needs to bring his glucose levels down...oh well some people like to do it the hard way!

Everyone have a wonderful holiday.....I am going to be the cleaning devil this weekend!
Old 11-22-2002, 11:13 AM   #52  

Kina-why don't you keep a food diary for a day or two-every morsel or drink written down-and email it to me so I can figure out how many calories about you are eating per day, since you don't really keep track so much. Try to put down accurate serving sizes-etc. of what you are eating, and I will see if I can see if there is a problem there.
I have been making out a tentative Christmas list to give my husband...he likes for me to do that, so he is sure that whatever he gets off the list I will like. We have a little tradition in our family of filling stockings with candy-so I am going to stay with that tradition, but with a twist. Instead of having him fill my stocking with tons of Hershey kisses and stuff like that, I am asking him to go to a local chocalatier shop called DeBrand (they are famous all over the world) and have him pick me up a 2 truffle box. It is about $5 for the two chocolate truffles-in place of the 10 Hershey bars or whatever he could spend that $5 on. I will have my chocolate, and feel totally decadent because they are so fancy-all the little designs hand pinted on them and stuff-and I will only have TWO PIECES to eat, and not a whole bag or box. It is spending the same amount of money, but limiting the binge potential, without my missing out on a tradition.
I also have on my list one of those new scales that measures your body fat along with your weight in pounds.
Kina-I am just as happy wearing a shirt from Wal-Mart or Target as I am Old Navy or Gap if I like the style, color, etc. but I DO like clothes from Gap and Old Navy-Old Navy is actually pretty good about prices on jeans, but when I buy their stuff I always go to the clearance racks-I find jeans for $9.99 and shirts for $5! I never pay full price for the stuff-when in a month it is going to be on sale when the new rack of clothes comes in! I never pay full price for anything-I am the lady you hate in the store that has all the coupons! I think a good idea also for school or Christmas shopping when your kids get older to let your kids know how much you are going to spend on clothes, etc., and it is basically thier choice-if you are going to spend $100 for school clothes, and they want 2 $50 pairs of jeans-then that is all they get-or they can choose lower priced or sale stuff, and get more things. It really gives them more of an idea of how money works, and why you don't always buy big name brands. A friend of mine did this with her teenage daughter, and she did really well-she bought a pair of expensive jeans, but countered that with getting her shoes at Payless, and other stuff on clearance.
Another tip is to go to your local thrift stores and dig through stuff-I just bought a pair of like new Old Navy flare leg jeans for $5, and have seen a lot of Gap, Eddie Bauer, Tommy, and other brands there if you dig through them. I bought almost all of my son's baby layette there, making a trip every week to see the new stuff that came in-I got a ton of Carters, Gymboree, and Baby Gap stuff. (Rich peole don't bother with rummage sales, they just dump their stuff off-and I am going to take FULL advantage!)
I just got finished with my lower body workout-I did my leg presses and standing calf raises today-now I need to do my abwork and my upper body...better get moving!
Aphil

Last edited by aphil; 11-22-2002 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:40 AM   #53  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I totally agree with you Aphil. You have a great way of thinking out the savings. I think you and I think on the same wave link. LOL

Well my days of being employed has to come to a sudden halt. I just got hired yesterday and quit today...how crazy can that be? At 5.25/hrly then subtract gas and childcare expenses I would probably only pocket 50 out of each paycheck and that was if I was that lucky. The supervisor did however offer me more but it wasn't enough to balance the expenses and the income.

O well. Back to the old drawing board. DH says we will do fine that I just panic during the holidays. We shall see.

Aphil you really don't want to know what I eat on a daily basis. This was yesterdays:

B: 3 deviled eggs (tsp. mayo and mustard) seasoned with some seasonings, big glass of water

L: turkey, dressing, mashed taters, a taste of apple cobbler, green beans, and a large tea (mind you this was from the elementary school so the servings were very modest)

D: 2 taco bell crunchy tacos, 1 big beef burrito supreme, diet coke

snacks: 1 chewing gum, my 8 glasses of water throughout the day and more.

Now this isn't the norm for me. I usually make dinner we had take out because I had the interview with Beall's and then our son had a performance to get to and I was not going to be able to get dinner in time. The past few days I had been sticking to this:

B: 4 deviled eggs, lots of water

L: 2-3 hamburger Patties with muenster cheese, lots of water

D: whatever I make for dinner but I serve myself and only eat half of whatever it is, with lots of water.

snacks: nothing but water.

Now I know that doesn't seem like much but I am never hungry if anything I just want sweet stuff. Of course I fight the temptations and urges and hardly ever cave. So I do quite well considering what I eat. Maybe it isn't the best things to eat?

Okay I will send this through and see what kind of reaction it gets. LOL
Kina
Old 11-22-2002, 01:11 PM   #54  

Kina,
calorie wise you are not doing too bad...but could I offer you a few suggestions? It seems you are eating very high protein, which is alright, but you are eating more than enough protein to support your bodies muscle, and you are pretty low in the fruit and veggie department-these are very important to include in your diet, as they hav plenty of fiber-which helps you feel full longer, as well as all of the vitamins, and the keeping you regular, which keeps your tummy from feeling bloated. Try replacing ONE of the eggs you eat for breakfast with a serving of fruit-either one piece of fresh fruit like a small apple, plum, orange, banana, pear, etc. OR 1/2 cup of orange juice, or 1/4 cup raisins or prunes. They are all pretty similar in calorie content with these serving sizes.
Also-the next time you are at Taco Bell-try replacing the burrito supreme with either the Steak Fiesta Burrito, the Chicken Fiesta Burrito or the Bean Burrito-all of which have a lot less calories and fat-the sour cream on the burrito supreme adds quite a bit-and replacing the regular tacos with chicken soft tacos-they have 20 calories less each than the regular crunchy tacos. (Thursday is Taco Bell night at our house-so trust me-I have researched this information!) You can eat 2-3 items just like everyone else, but consume 200-400 calories less than they are, and be FULL!
You may also replace one of your beef patties at lunch with some veggies-either something like baby carrots or another serving of fruit, or loading the top of your other beef patty with lettuce and fresh tomato!
Replacing some of that excess protein with fruits and veggies will really make a difference!
Aphil
Old 11-22-2002, 02:25 PM   #55  

Hi all!
Aphil--I was a 'regular' at the consignment store when I was loosing weight--I didn't want to spend any money on a transitional wardrobe and I always found nice things for myself. It also helps you develop your style! And, at such reduced prices, you can spring for a pair of bright red cordorouys!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 11-22-2002, 04:15 PM   #56  

tryin hard-I just had to ask-how does it feel to be 103 pounds thinner than you were 2 years ago??????!!!!!!!!

Aphil
Old 11-23-2002, 12:15 AM   #57  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Changed avatar

I figured I would get into the feel of Turkey Day by changing my avatar to follow the season. But also this poor turkey looked so vulnerable I figured I would give some publicity and see I could help him out. LOL

Kina
Old 11-24-2002, 05:54 PM   #58  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking Wow!!

You guys really burned up the email this weekend!

Once again, at WW.... down 1/4 pound... ggrrrr....

Getting serious today!

Starting weight is 71.9 Kilos (158.1 lbs), I will use the WW amount on Saturdays aussie time to weigh in for the challenge. I will be in Canada for Christmas day.... so my last weigh in will be on the 23rd. My goal is to get to 70 Kilos ((154 lbs) by then.

I am at work... so I will give you a quick post when I get home tonight!

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 11-24-2002, 07:02 PM   #59  

Hello everyone!
I have had a great weekend-my husband is on vacation this week-so hopefully we will get some small things done around the house.
I had been reading some posts around the site, as well as on another site, and I have been hearing a lot of depressed ladies lately! I want to do something about that!!
We are all on the same journey, whether it be maintaining the weight we have lost, or losing 10 pounds, or 100-it is difficult to do no matter how far we have come or how far we have to go. I don't want anyone on this thread to feel unworthy, or unattractive because of their size. We are all doing this to look better and have better health-but there is no reason for anyone to not buy themselves clothes they would like to wear, or not do the little things for themselves like getting their hair done-saying "I'll do it when I lose the weight." Do it NOW! It will make you feel so much better about yourself-and we are ALL worth it.
Do not let the scale decide for you whether or not you are an attractive woman-for most of us, being 105 pounds like a model on a magine cover will never be an option. We can be beautiful the entire journey down the scale to a healthy goal weight.
There are many celebrities out there who struggle with their weight,like Kirstie Alley and Cameron Manheim-and they are still very beautiful women!There are also plus size models like Kate Dillon, Emme, and Mia Tyler (sister to the actress Liv Tyler, and other daughter of Aerosmith's Steven Tyler)-(If you are unfamiliar with them, I suggest you punch these names in your computer's search engine and take a peek at these ladies! They are hot!) These ladies are just as stunning as Claudia Schiffer or Cindy Crawford-my husband thinks they are even more so! So-don't wait until you are at your goal weight to dress like you want to and do yourself up-pamper yourself!
It has just been a great weekend-I watched some chick movies, I am down a pound, and I had plenty of sleep. I went to the store and bought the ingredients to make Nancy's crustless pumpkin pie-and I cannot wait to enjoy it on Thanksgiving. I found out my grandmother in law is watching her weight, and my husband's uncle's wife-so I am glad Nancy put that recipe up earlier so I can have something all of us can enjoy after dinner-it will be great to be at a family gathering and have dessert like everyone else. If anyone else wants the recipe again, I can put it up tomorrow. I figured up the calories, and if you use the Splenda sweetener, it is only about 65 calories a slice!
Well, I better get going-have a great weekend everyone!
Aphil

Last edited by aphil; 11-24-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:31 PM   #60  
DNW

Aphil:
Could you please put up the crustless pumpkin pie receipe..I am a recent convert to Splenda so I would enjoy making this since I love pumpkin pie...thanks for a wonderful post...I agree with everything you said.

Also there is a really great magazine called "grace" that is for plus size females, and I am talking models up to size 20 or so....pick it up or go to there web site everyone...great mag!

Last edited by DNW; 11-24-2002 at 07:33 PM.
Closed Thread