3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Jackie Warner - This Is Why You're Fat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/215399-jackie-warner-why-youre-fat.html)

aimee531 03-08-2011 05:04 PM

Thanks! I am taking birth control pills, so I don't know if that is having an effect on my weight roller coaster... I've been able to take in all the food that she recommends for the first 14 days and all of the supplements including the creatine and the amino acid... it's just discouraging to not see any weight loss and nothing but weight gain... BTW is anyone doing her treadmill workout? My treadmill at home only goes to a 10% incline and was wondering if that would work instead of the 15?

Ann72 03-08-2011 09:48 PM

Did you just start taking BCPs? Or have you been on them a while? If you're new to them, you could definitely be gaining some weight initially. I did.

As for workouts, I would use your heart rate as a guide. If your heart rate really goes up with 10%, that will work. Alternatively, you can try adding speed to get up your heart rate. I don't use her workouts, I do my own 1 hour circuit.

Another thing to consider is that you're small to start, so the weight might not come off very quickly for you...

aimee531 03-09-2011 09:05 AM

I've been taking BCPs for 4 months now, the type I'm taking doesn't cause any weight gain or loss so I don't that's what it is. I wonder if it's ok to take the supplements (Omega 3, CLA, Amino Acid, and Creatine) while I'm on BCP.

Cass1085 03-09-2011 09:49 AM

Hi All,
The struggle for me is not seeing any weight loss, I have been eating right and working out I guess I need to have paitience. I need to bury that scale, I tend to get so focused on the numbers and I need to stay away from that. I would get so worked up about shedding pounds that when it did not happen I would stress, eat bad and stop working out.

The temptations are becoming easier to igonore :)

Are you all following her workouts as stated in the books, I dont feel like its enough cardio for me so I plan on adding a bit more.

aimee531 03-09-2011 09:55 AM

I too am not seeing any weight loss and was unmotivtating. My husband has told me to not pay attention to the scale but how my clothes are fitting.I'm not following her workouts, I'm actually doing Chalean Extreme and walking 4 days a week and running 3 days a week. I am considering following her cardio workout though.

Energizer Jamie 01-23-2012 05:04 PM

I got the book for Christmas and have been following the 2 week start phase for 6 days now. So far, it's going great. I've lost about 5 lbs even though my official first weigh in is not until Wednesday. I've been satisfied and full of energy. I'm not missing those carb cravings. Just started my profile on here, so I'll be posting about my progress as I go.

Energizer Jamie 01-25-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann72 (Post 3657196)
Is there anyone here who has tried or is trying Jackie Warner's plan from her book, This is why you're Fat? Would love to start a support group.

I've read it and am doing the plan now. Let's start a support forum!

Energizer Jamie 01-25-2012 07:19 PM

Had my official weigh in today after week 1 of the jump start. I lost 5.4 lbs. I bought all the supplements too and I can really tell a difference in my energy level.

Meglio 03-08-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energizer Jamie (Post 4188885)
Had my official weigh in today after week 1 of the jump start. I lost 5.4 lbs. I bought all the supplements too and I can really tell a difference in my energy level.

Are you still doing this? I did this a year ago and had a lot of success (22 lbs in the first three weeks) but totally quit. Now I am getting back into it. Looking for some accountability if you are interested in a buddy

Bremac 04-20-2012 11:28 AM

3rd week on this is why you are fat...

This is my 3rd week on "This is why you are fat". I have not weighed myself but I know I have lost weight because I can get into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a long!

I was on WW since January and was paying and just didn't want to go to meetings and didn't lose weight. Then I saw Jackie's book and bought it on a whim. I like the idea of adding food not taking it away for the first two weeks so much that I stayed on the two-week plan an extra week. I might even go another week on it!!

Best
Brenda