General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #1  

Default Anyone else Bento?

I used to be very into bento (japanese lunch boxes) and would like to get back into it. It can be a healthy way to eat as you are limited in portion size and a lot of the healthier foods such as vegetables and fruit are perfect for bentoing because they are colorful. It is a lot of fun, especially if done as part of a group. I belonged to one where we posted our pictures of our bento boxes online.
hlaoroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3

Why don't you post a picture of what you are talking about. I want to see.

Do you only make up a lunch to take out-like to work or do you style all your meals?
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #3  

Here is a link to one of the groups:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/367772@N22/pool/

I would style my lunchs for work but have unfortunately fallen into the convenience trap of eating out.
hlaoroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #4  

I didn't see this until today so it is quite late to posting. My daughter Bento's my grandson's lunches everyday and he loves them. He gets a perfect proportioned meal and each section is something different, ie, fresh fruit, protein, veggies, etc. I think they are a great way to go to take a lunch and keep your portions the right size and all. They don't have to be decorated up like the photos. You can just give yourself a well portioned, well food group lunch this way.

Last edited by gma22; 11-09-2010 at 10:28 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #5  

I do this for my daughter's lunch. She is in kindergarten. I don't always have time to make it look cute, but it helps me keep her portions the right size and allows me an easy way to see at a glance that she has some carbs, protein, fruit and veggies in her lunch.
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote