Agave nectar in cheesecake?

• I was poking around the recipes here and found the "To die for cheesecake":http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dess...heesecake.html

It sounds good but I don't eat artificial sweeteners. I have some agave nectar that I just bought. I've never cooked with it before but I wanted to try it out... does anybody know if it would taste ok in cheesecake? I also have some 100% maple syrup and locally grown honey. Which of the 3 would give the best flavor i.e. closest to cheesecake with sugar?

ETA: sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. I don't really prescribe to one dieting philosophy so I thought here would be the best place?
  • Yes Agave nectar is good in cheesecake.
  • I have used agave in cheesecake. It works well. Reduce the baking temp a bit and watch it as it browns faster than regular sugar.
  • Thanks for the responses! So I made it and it was WONDERFUL!

Here's what I did. I put in 3/4 cup Agave nectar (and I probably could've gotten away with even a little less). I also only had it on 300 for 45 minutes instead of 1 hr. But we did leave it over night in the cooling oven. I didn't make a crust for it, which really didn't seem to matter. It's pretty rich, though, and we found adding some fruit on top helped the flavor a lot!
    But it was wonderful!