I need help with slim4life!

• I've been on Slim4Life since January. It's been very difficult. I haven't been able to eat with my kids and husband for 6 months and for the last two months I've been having health problems, such as blacking out every time I stand up. I'm not taking any of their supplements and I did fine that way (until about two months ago.) I have had problems with my thyroid in the past and was doing all right when I started, but by the second month I was hypothyroid again. The counselors don't know what to tell me. They say take more potassium (which I have done faithfully) and drink lots of water. The last couple of weeks my mind has been getting fuzzier and fuzzier. It got so bad I could no longer drive safely. I've got young children to care for; the state I'm in has become very dangerous. I would like to lose more weight, but feel like I'd better stop and stabilize my system. I need to transition safely, without putting the weight back on, but in addition to my health concerns my family really needs me to start cooking healthy food for them again (they haven't been eating well while I dieted.) I've asked the Slim4Life counselors what to do and they think I'm weird and tell me to "keep on keeping on". Anyone out there have any ideas?? I've already seen my doctor and had bloodwork done, but he said he didn't find anything (other than the thyroid being low again) and I'm currently on meds for my thyroid. I'm also taking good supplements.
  • oops...
    I neglected to mention I've lost 70 lbs. since January on the program.
  • Dare I point out that Slim4Life's primary motivation is getting you to spend money? Your health comes second in their eyes, so of course they will tell you to stick with the program.

I don't believe the counselors have any medical training, so take their advice lightly. They are also extremely secretive about the program, so that raises a red flag. If this is a program "based on real food" like they advertise, why can your family not follow it also?

Anyway, I think you have answered your own question. If your physical state is endangering your children, you must make changes now... not later. Demand to switch to some kind of maintenance program for awhile. If they refuse, a note from your doctor will probably force the issue, but the outcome ultimately depends on the contract you signed.