General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 08:42 AM   #1  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Doing our own thing! #5

Here we are and here we go! Fresh start for everyone~!

Tiffany
Old 09-18-2002, 09:10 AM   #2  

I'm here.
I asked a friend about the gym. She belongs to the same one in another town. She said she paid $7000 years ago and that it's up to $9000 now. *gulp* There is an upfront fee, then monthly payments FOREVER, then ya become a lifetime member with a yearly fee of 40bucks. Does this sound right? I know I need to call them myself, but can't imagine she would be wrong. Seems high. Think?
Old 09-18-2002, 09:35 AM   #3  
DNW

Dear Tigerlily and Tiffany:

I am having a little trouble following threads, but found this one. However, in the top level forum, which forum should I pick to get to this thread?

Also lost 2 1/2, but ate too much at dinner last night, so i am not weighing myself for another week...it makes me too cocky!

Love you all!
Old 09-18-2002, 09:44 AM   #4  

Tig: My gosh, do they serve cocktails at this place???? Have you called the YMCA or checked the cost of a private trainer. It would be too rich for my blood.

Tonight is Yoga nite and I'm looking forward to the class. It will be even more fun once I get to know some of the other ladies. The one next to me last week wasn't very friendly but the lady directly across was. May try a different spot tonight.

My boss has offered me a job keeping books for his restaurant, bar and catering business (he is part owner in several business here in town). I've accepted the offer, maybe I can get some credit cards paid off before hubby kills me. I don't usually keep things from him but I'm going to keep this to myself untill my cards are paid down.

Well, hope everyone is having a good morning. And Huntress, smile cause somebody loves ya! We're sending hugs to you and Kayla.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:48 AM   #5  

Tiff, I think I caught your sore throat. Really, I'm feel'n the starts of one. Sleeping with the window open, waking up freezing probably doesn't help. On another note, did you check into gym prices?

DNW, good job on the loss. I know what ya mean about getting cocky w/a loss. Been there.

Old 09-18-2002, 09:48 AM   #6  

Tig, WOW....that seems like a lot to me. I haven't call the gym here yet, but I seem to remember that it was less than 40 a month and you did it year to year....But that was a few years back.... I would be really hesitant to sign up for that! Jeeze...

DNW, I'm not sure what you are asking, but when you come to the 3fatchicks site and click on Message Boards...there are headings for the different categories. The first one is Announcements, the second one is General, and the third one is Diet Plans, then look under that one, and at the bottom is General Diet Plans, click on that...and there we are. I hope that is the information that you are looking for~ Wouldn't want to lose anyone.

Well, the sore throat is still raging. I took today off to care for myself...I answer phones and take anywhere from 2-3 hundred calls a day, and my sore throat is really not getting the rest it needs.

Today is a hot tea day...for sure.

I hadn't eaten too much yesterday, so about 7:00 I decided to eat a can of Spaghetti O's with meatballs in a can. (OMG, I had not eaten anything like that since May...I try to avoid that stuff in favor of healthier options. At least MOST of the time.) anyway, I had the calories to spare, so I ate it. Right out of the can. LOL....My stomach is a mess today. Not worth it either. 560 calories total for the can and that is like 12 WW points. YIKES. Think of all of the other healthy food that you could eat for that many calories! And it honestly wasn't that good. I would have rather had an Egg Beater omelet with fresh veggies and a bagel.

Anyway, just another knotch in my learning belt.

Off for my first cup of tea. Blackberry....YUM!!!
Tiffany
Old 09-18-2002, 09:49 AM   #7  

cocktails
I'm going to call them myself. It's called Fitness USA, and they are located around the states.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:49 AM   #8  

D.Nurse guess you and I were posting at the same time. A big WOOHOO for ya gal. I'm impressed........ we're doing the dance for ya! Besides we can get extra exercise in when we dance for your good news.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:04 AM   #9  

Ok Tig, I called them. The woman that answered my questions was named, no kidding, GiGi. I had this visual image almost immediately. (Gym Hootch, I am sure. I can only worship at her feet!!!)

Here is the scoop. For one person in the house, It is a one time sign up fee of $125 and a monthly charge of $58. If 2 people sign up, it is a $150 sign up fee and a monthly charge of $73. You don't sign any contracts, you can use automatic check withdrawal or credit card, and go from month to month. You can cancel at any time. So, it would be $821 for one person a year and $1026 for two people....and no long contracts.

They have raquetball, aerobics, yoga, pilates, martial art classes, cardio kickboxing, circuit equipment, free weights, and personal trainers. They also have a childrens playroom, for people who need child care. She was saying that there personal trainers are $26 for an hour and $20 for a 1/2 hour. You can purchase one hour at a time. But if you sign up for 12 sessions, you get a discount.

So, anyway, she was rattling off all of their features and I think I missed a couple...but all in all, it sounds good.

I will talk to Mike about it tonight, and see what he thinks.
Tiff
Old 09-18-2002, 10:06 AM   #10  

Congrats on the loss DNW. I feel the same way. I lost the 2 on Tuesday, and I will not set foot on it again until next week. I hate seeing it go up and down during the week!

Where is Dyan today? Lurking???
Come out, Come out!!
Old 09-18-2002, 10:15 AM   #11  
it's always something

Hope it's ok for me to jump in here

Tigerlily: There is no way I would pay $9000 to join a gym! Maybe there are other options? Many hospitals have Wellness Centers that include gyms, pools, and more, for a fraction of the cost. I think ours is about $300 a year. Do you have something like that in your town?

SEMO: Good luck with the Yoga! I'm considering that myself, though not in a class, I might get a tape.

Tiffany: Spaghettios are my only vice, lol, go for the plain ones next time! One can has 360 cal, 2 g fat, and 6 g fiber! And according to them, there's a whole serving of vegetables in that can

DNW: Congrats on the 2.5 loss!!! Oh, to make threads easier to find, you can click the "subscribe to thread" option at the bottom of the page. Then when you log on, click your Control Panel and if any of your subscribed threads have had new posts since you last visited, then they will show up there. (There are more options, but I don't want to get too off topic here, lol)
Old 09-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks for asking about me Tiff, I was being to think that no body loved me, sniff sniff . I checked in every now and then yesterday, but it was too much drama for me, so I was waiting til today to chime in! CHIME, CHIME, CHIME .

DNW~ CoNgRaTs on the 2.5!! you go grrllll!!!! Doin the happy dance .

Tig~ We have a Fitness USA here. I think I had joined about umpteen years ago and then was taken for a ride.

Okay gotta jet.....be back soon.....I promise.
Old 09-18-2002, 10:43 AM   #13  

Ok, I called Fitness USA. My friend can be a bit flighty, but I can't believe she got is so wrong.
First, Bambi (that answered the phone) didn't want to give me any info. She tried her hardest to schedule me for an evaluation, aka salespitch. After talking in circles, I got some info.
She talked awful fast, but from what I gathered...
$19 down, $39mo for 30 months. So, $1190 for lifetime plus after that it's $24 a year.
How on earth my friend thought it was $9000?! Can we get a "stupid sign" smilie.... I'll be harassing her about this one.

There is a wellness center, but it's further than the gym's 15mile distance from my home. I'll check into it anyway, just incase it's too good to pass up.

Off to run errands. It should be fun since I left the car out last night with the windows down and it RAINED.

Old 09-18-2002, 10:44 AM   #14  
Long Lost Chickie

Stop it!!! How is Slow Jo ever to keep up with you guys!?!?!

Oh hey, and we had a visit from Suzanne!! Very kewl.

Tig, that's definitely too much money, no matter what they have to offer. I think I would probably pay the numbers that Tiff got from her good buddy Gigi because it sounds like they have lots of stuff there. My gym is strictly machines and some classes and I pay about $20 a month and can quit with 2 months' notice. But I'm not going to quit of course!

Nurse, congrats on the loss!!!! Way to go!!! Or is that "weight" to go!?

Hm, I read Nurse's post about getting cocky, then SEMO's post about her boss and then Tig's post about getting cocky with a loss and I read it as "getting cocky with your boss"!! See, told you I couldn't keep up!

But some fun, eh?

Nah, not with MY boss! Yck.

Off to buy some spaghettios..... Thanks a lot guys!
Old 09-18-2002, 10:45 AM   #15  
Long Lost Chickie

Gigi??? Bambi????

It's an epidemic!!
Closed Thread